PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Wii poster revealed

Drakul
06-07-2009, 01:48 PM
It looks like Nintendo has given into demand and officially released the poster initially meant only for a “select group” of people. Naturally, the poster has now fallen into ZU hands, and we’re showing it to everyone we can. Hit the jump and have a look into a future far beyond Spirit Tracks.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/zeldawiiposter1-423x600.jpg

That, my friends, is Zelda Wii. Just as we’ve heard, Link is without his sword in this poster, and in front of him (or behind, we guess) is an all-white girl that doesn’t look a far cry away from the Queen of Fairies of The Wind Waker. However, the markings on the girl may indicate that she is the spirit of the Master Sword itself; her entire form follows the Master Sword uncannily well, down the gem and design of the hilt. Link is certainly much taller than he was in Twilight Princess, but the art direction and style seems to be the same. And we’re just fine with that - Twilight Princess’s artistic design was excellent.

So, Nintendo, old friend… this poster is a nice little tease. But we need more. Let’s hear a little more about Zelda Wii! Pretty please?

Source:http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/the-zelda-wii-poster-weve-got-it/#more-5730

Edit: She clearly is the Master Sword. Someopne has a comparison shot.
http://wzmrradio.com/images/news/speculation.jpg

Big Fat Mike
06-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Oh yeah, someone made a comparison so she CLEARLY has to be the master sword. C'mon. I mean I can't wait either way but thats pretty ridiculous.

Xero
06-07-2009, 02:04 PM
I still have to play Twilight Princess.

Kalyx triaD
06-07-2009, 02:04 PM
When I seen the pic a few days ago I thought it was nice but not worth posting about. I was happy enough knowing they were moving along.

Drakul
06-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Oh yeah, someone made a comparison so she CLEARLY has to be the master sword. C'mon. I mean I can't wait either way but thats pretty ridiculous.

Well Link doesnt have his sword in the poster and the character standing behind him has a lot in common with the Master Sword. Pointed head, criss-cross design on the legs, diamond in the centre and so on. It's either the Master Sword or at least something related to it. Maybe a new race that guards it or something?

Big Fat Mike
06-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Maybe it has to find the last male of the species, and they fuck, and she births the master sword!

:roll:

Actually you're probably on to something

Destor
06-07-2009, 05:02 PM
She is def the Master Sword.

The Chris Rosa
06-07-2009, 05:04 PM
How the fuck do people have time to figure this out?

road doggy dogg
06-07-2009, 06:06 PM
It doesn't seem all that complicated to figure it out. Looking at the picture, some diehard fanatic probably could've pieced that entirely together, Photoshop image and all, in like 20 minutes.
crossrine

The Chris Rosa
06-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Yeah I guess, I just wrote it off as the fish girl from OOT. Then the diagram (which I'm still in shock of) was posted.

Saying it may be one thing, but not too sure about the whole breakdown of parts. Reminds me of the days where I would read about MGS3 and try to put the story together before it even came out.

Then I got a job. Thank God.

Dorkchop
06-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Nerds are funny.

I wonder if this game will actually be different than the rest. I know Nintendo can do it, but every Zelda game more or less feels exactly the same.

G
06-07-2009, 07:00 PM
wtf is a master sword

OssMan
06-07-2009, 07:15 PM
wtf is a master sword
What

RoXer
06-07-2009, 07:22 PM
So her name is OOT?

road doggy dogg
06-07-2009, 07:25 PM
wtf is a master sword

Don't make me negative rep you for this blasphemy.
crossrine

Wehttam
06-07-2009, 07:40 PM
whats a zelda

Shadow
06-08-2009, 12:08 AM
wtf is a master sword

...............................and look, all my respect for you just took a flying leap out the window of the Empire State Building.

LuigiD
06-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Nerds are funny.

I wonder if this game will actually be different than the rest. I know Nintendo can do it, but every Zelda game more or less feels exactly the same.
This.
I like Zelda but it is time for a change.
All the games do feel alike more or less. I don't see why they can't introduce new things to the game series. The DS titles of Zelda show more innovation and new content than Zelda for consoles has showed in a long time.

Destor
06-09-2009, 02:44 AM
if it aint broke dont fix it

Requiem
06-09-2009, 03:44 AM
Yeah, nothing wrong with the Zelda series as is. And she is clearly the master sword.. like.. how could anyone write that many things off as coincidence?

Drakul
06-09-2009, 09:17 AM
I was doing some thinking and I remember back when Midna was first shown, everyone thought she might have something to do with Majora because we could see Majoras mask on her helmet. So I suppose it could turn out like that again but I still think this new girl will be the Master Sword or, more likely, "The spirit of" or "Guardian of" the Master Sword.

I think the series is fine as it is. I like the Overworld-dungeon-overworld-dungeon style. I just want them to add more to do beside the main quest and give the items uses beyond the dungeon you find them in. Have parts of dungeons only reachable when you get an item later in the game so we can back track and explore dungeons more than we could the first time we went through them. Although that would be useless because the most we'll get for our trouble is a heart peice.

Kalyx triaD
06-09-2009, 09:28 AM
I always hope for a larger world map and more quest. My only gripe with Zelda is that there isn't enough of it.

Destor
06-15-2009, 05:02 AM
Now that I agree with. I would EAT UP an Oblivion sized Zelda..well maybe a little smaller that may be overkill.

My major gripe is the difficulty has gotten lower and lower as time goes on. I'm not asking for their to be anything absurdly challenging puzzle wize to beat the game, I dig that you want it to be assesable to everyone, even kids.

But how about a missive side quest with mini dugeons you don't have to do to beat the game but a INSANELY tough puzzle and action wise and if you can do them all you get the super sword or some shit?

Is that an absurd idea? No it's not. THey can do both, ya know?

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2009, 07:28 AM
I like the idea of a user-friendly main quest with core-gamer side quest. Everybody wins.

Drakul
06-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Yeah, that makes perfect sense to me. Why has it never occurred to Nintendo?

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2009, 08:04 AM
They're still on the Japanese-style game development ideology ("we tell you what you want then make it"). They'll come around some day.

Drakul
11-19-2009, 12:20 PM
So a few items of Zelda Wii news.

First off, Nintendo has told us that Zelda Wii will be at E3 2010

Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma has told ONM to expect surprises at next year's E3 as Nintendo prepares to reveal an overhaul of the critically-acclaimed series.

When asked how different the new Zelda title will be when it arrives on Wii next year, Aonuma replied: "It is something we used to talk about with Mr Miyamoto, and he and I agree that if we are following the same structure again and again, we might not be able to give long time Zelda fans a fresh surprise."

"So we have been trying something new in terms of the structure of the Wii version of the new Zelda game this time. I am really hopeful that people will be surprised with the changes we have implemented for this Wii version."

Aonuma also confirmed that alongside full MotionPlus support, we'll be able to see more of what his team have been working on at next year's E3. "I hope that we can show you something at the E3 show next year and it is something we are hopeful will be surprising," he added.
Source: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=13313

And someone was right with a predicition about Zelda Wii.

Zelda mastermind Eiji Aonuma has told ONM that some of the speculation surrounding the Zelda Wii artwork released at E3 was right - but wouldn't confirm anything more.

Speaking in an ONM-exclusive interview, Aonuma confirmed that someone out there in internet land has already worked out what the deal is with the character standing in front of Link in the E3 artwork - but wasn't allowed to say any more.

"You will have to wait until next year when we can elaborate on this and many other things," said Aonuma. "But what I can tell you is that yes I have read some of the speculation, and some of it is right! That is all I can say at the moment."

He also told us to expect surprises when they reveal Zelda Wii at E3 2010 - you can read about that here.
Source: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=13367

I've also read somewhere that they may use the Super Guide in Zelda Wii (and maybe Mario Galaxy 2) so they can make the game harder and help non gamers.

LuigiD
11-19-2009, 12:38 PM
A lot of the comments seem to add that there will be a lot of new type of content that will try to make the game not as dull for the people who have been playing for a long time. I am pumped. Every time a Zelda game comes out I hope for it to be as revolutionary as Ocarina of Time.

Drakul
11-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I wonder how it'll be different. Two ideas I've heard a lot are the game being on rails and/or first person. I hope it's neither.

Tornado
11-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I wonder how it'll be different. Two ideas I've heard a lot are the game being on rails and/or first person. I hope it's neither.

That would be a disaster.

Mike the Metal Ed
11-19-2009, 02:22 PM
That's speculation older than Hyrule itself, based on Miyamoto saying that Twilight Princess would be the last in its current format.

I'm hoping it just means the game won't involve collecting three of something, entering the second world, collecting six or seven of something, boss fight, hero wins.

BigDaddyCool
11-19-2009, 02:42 PM
So Link it going to smack people with a girl? Sounds like my kind of game.

Kalyx triaD
11-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Please... please give us a 3D Four Swords mode.

Theo Dious
11-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Just when I think my leap into the next gen of gaming is going to be a PS3 or 360, I see something like this.

What am I doing in this forum...

Kane Knight
11-20-2009, 02:20 AM
So Link it going to smack people with a girl? Sounds like my kind of game.

That seems so...You.

Drakul
11-27-2009, 12:59 AM
In an interview with Britain's The Guaridan (http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/nov/25/eiji-aonuma-legend-zelda-interview), Zelda director Eiji Aonuma has given a none-too-subtle hint that the upcoming Wii entry in the series may feature, for the first real time in a Zelda game, flight.

"I have an eight-year-old son myself at home, and quite recently he started playing The Phantom Hourglass for DS, because when the software first hit the market he was too young" he says. "When he started playing with the boat, I told him: 'In the next Zelda, you are going to be able to ride on the train.' He answered: 'OK, Dad, first boat, and then train? Surely next time, Link is going to fly in the sky ... '"

Apparently having said that, he lets slip a big grin, before adding "I just don't know. If many people make many speculations ... some of them might be correct. Right now, I have to refrain from commenting on anything."

Now, this is Nintendo. He could just be messing with you/me. And probably is. But with Twlight Princess having some sci-fi elements to it, and with Spirit Tracks featuring trains, the sight of a Hylian dirigible wouldn't be surprising in the slightest.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5413673/next-zelda-game-to-feature-flight

I predicted this just after I completed Twilight Princess as it's the only thing they haven't really done. I thought maybe Epona could turn into some kind of Pegasus like horse.
If they are going to use flight this could mean the map will be pretty big, otherwise it's useless.
I can see a final battle with Ganon/Ganondorf taking place in the sky.

OssMan
11-27-2009, 01:23 AM
This seems so far away from release that I don't even think it will make it to the Wii

Drakul
11-27-2009, 05:04 AM
Nintendo said they can't commit to getting it out in 2010 but they said we'll see it at E3 2010 so it can't be that far from release. NSMBW was out the same year it debuted at E3 and Nintendo have said long ago they don't show games anymore until they are near completion. I can see a Christmas 2010 release.

Kalyx triaD
11-27-2009, 04:46 PM
All I wanna know is what instrument will he use this time. I wanna guitar. Or something guitar-like but exotic.

LuigiD
11-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Rumors out there are circling that in the next Zelda game you will probably use a flying vehicle. During an interview the Zelda director he mentioned that you went from sailing a boat, to riding a train..in a way the next logical step would be to fly. I mean, it could also mean that you could turn into a bird in this one. Who knows. Interesting though.

OssMan
11-28-2009, 12:41 AM
They have sorta done flying with the Song of Soaring in Majora's Mask but that was just a form of teleporting. Also you got a guitar in that game. If you think about it the musical instrument has been pretty limited to ocarina, in Link to the Past it was called a "flute" but it looked just like the ocarina of time, and in Majora's Mask you had it too except for the different instruments for different forms of Link. The Wind Baton is the only one that really stands out as "different" and in Twilight Princess you didn't have anything except for that horse call

Drakul
11-28-2009, 12:46 AM
I think they meant real time flying. Like you take off and fly through the air. The game is using Wii Motion Plus so maybe, if they have an instrument, it'll be another baton or something like a xylophone or something like a triangle.
In the same article as the WM+ was mentioned, they said the game will progress differntly compared to other Zeldas because of WM+.

Edit: I've just thought. WM+ may be used to fly. Hold it like a paper plane and tilt it and dive it to make Link to the same.

Emperor Smeat
11-28-2009, 02:37 AM
Seeing as Pilotwings is a game that a bunch of people are requesting for the VC or as a new Wii game, I wouldn't be too surprised if the flying in the new Zelda is a "test" to see how good it would control using the wiimote.

They already have flying minigame in Wii Sports Resort that worked well before.

OssMan
11-28-2009, 02:38 AM
I think they could just tweak the flying engine they used in Twilight Princess.

Drakul
11-28-2009, 02:52 AM
Seeing as Pilotwings is a game that a bunch of people are requesting for the VC.

Pilotwings is available on the UK VC. Still haven't bought it yet.

Drakul
11-29-2009, 10:13 PM
I saw an interview with Eiji Aonuma about Zelda and he said the WM+ is used to control Links sword and our exact motions are replicated on screen. I guess that was obvious but it's cool.

<object width='480' height='270' id='ignplayer' data='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'><param name='movie' value='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' /><param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' /><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always' /><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000' /><param name='flashvars' value='vgroup=Zeldacut_1&object=14333936' /></object><div style='width:480;'><a href='http://uk.ds.ign.com/dor/objects/14333936/the-legend-of-zelda-spirit-tracks/videos/Zeldacut_1.html?show=hi'>The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks Nintendo DS Interview - The Legacy of Link</a></div>