PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Michaels the MVP of Wrestling

Mr. JL
12-15-2003, 07:53 PM
So what do yeah think? Is he the MVP of wrestling right now or what?

The guy still has got it in the ring. I don't believe he's lost anything during his 5 year absence from the ring. He carried Triple H in his classic Summer Slam match, pulled out arguably the match of the year with Jericho at Wrestle Mania & had an awesome performance at Survivor Series. He's willing to put the young guys over such as Orton. He's not obsessed with holding the belt on a 24 hour, 7 days a week, 365 days a year like someone World Heavyweight Chump I know.

So... is he the MVP of wrestling right now? Give your reasons why or why not...

moshingfreak
12-15-2003, 07:56 PM
Well, I didnt think of Shawn that way, but now, yeah i think he is.

He's also the man for bringing Spanky in (Spanky's the man too)

loopydate
12-15-2003, 08:10 PM
While Chris Jericho entertains me more often than HBK does (because, let's face it, HBK hasn't been given hardly any meaningful mic time since his return), I am and will always be an HBK mark. Shawn Michaels, along with Jericho, Kurt Angle, and Chris Benoit is one of the best in-ring performers on the planet today.

The CyNick
12-15-2003, 08:34 PM
Dont get me wrong I think HBK has done an awesome job on most of his PPV matches, but he's definately not even the MVP of RAW let alone the entire WWE.

He is a little overrated this year because he's had several really good high profile matches. However on RAW a guy like Jericho is on every TV, every house show, and every PPV. So for me Jericho is the clear choice for MVP of RAW. Then there are guys like Eddie, Angle, and Lesnar who have been carrying the load day in and day out for Smackdown. So I would rate all of them ahead of HBK as well.

Yeah HBK has had some great matches and for a guy with an apparent career ending injury he's doing some great work. But lets not forget he works a limited schedule and therefore his work seems that much better becaus ehe isn't over exposed.

wrestling_god
12-15-2003, 10:27 PM
clean over HHH!!!! hbk has my vote

c4g2
12-16-2003, 01:10 AM
It's a bit funny HBK is wrestling almost week in, week out when once he said that he 'has only one match left in him before he retires'.

Don't get me wrong, I love to see Michaels wrestle, and will always get pumped when he hits a Sweet Chin Music on someone. I'm a fan.

Anybody Thrilla
12-16-2003, 03:20 AM
I too enjoy Michaels, but I gotta give the nod to Jericho on this one. He just has a way of working around the material and making whatever he does entertaining. I know this wasn't recent or anything, but I still laugh everytime I think about him imitating Goldberg's entrance and getting lost on the way to the ring and ending up in the parking lot. Jericho is the man.

Corkscrewed
12-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Well, Michaels definitely is among the top wrestlers on Raw right now, and if he really has turned over a new leaf and is a new and better and moral man, then I'm for him even more.

Mr. JL
12-16-2003, 08:03 PM
I too enjoy Michaels, but I gotta give the nod to Jericho on this one. He just has a way of working around the material and making whatever he does entertaining. I know this wasn't recent or anything, but I still laugh everytime I think about him imitating Goldberg's entrance and getting lost on the way to the ring and ending up in the parking lot. Jericho is the man.

Yeah, that was so funny! :y:

Mr.Violent J
12-16-2003, 09:34 PM
I agree. He doesn't do as many high flying moves as before but he still has it where it counts. Sweet Chin Music will never get old. Especially times when he reverses a move then just pops somone right in the face with it. It's like the Stunner quick and deadly. I'll mark out everytime HBK gets is second wind (or 3rd or 4th) and you just know that sweet chin music is comming.

The_Firestorm
12-16-2003, 10:36 PM
RAW's MVP would have to be a tie between Michaels and Jericho. Both put their heart and soul into their matches. Smackdown's MVP would have to be Chris Benoit. He's an incredibly hard worker and gets no recognition for it from Vince or the company.