PDA

View Full Version : Would a heel D-Generation X work?

Mr. Nerfect
06-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Just looking at the RAW roster, things seem very face-heavy. You've got Triple H, John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Batista and MVP on the popular side of things. At least Batistsa is always hurt. In the heel department, you've got Randy Orton, Big Show and maybe The Miz if his elevation process is a success.

Anyway, with HBK and Triple H on the same roster again, it goes without saying that we'll see Triple H and Shawn Michaels team up again in the future. While it will be as faces, so they move merchandise to the kids, do you think that creatively, a heel DX would be more entertaining?

I'm not even talking about DX, per se. They could call themselves "The Kliq," or something, and I doubt they'd use black and green as their colours. Triple H is much more entertaining as a heel than a face, and it's been so long since we've had heel Hunter. Shawn Michaels has teased heel turns, and they've always been fun and well-received on here. It's been almost a decade since Shawn Michaels has been a proper heel, however.

Is HBK able to get the fans to boo him? Would the faces that went up against them be conceiveable threats to The Kliq/DX? I think it would at least make things on RAW interesting.

Ben Rodrigues
06-13-2009, 10:02 PM
It would be similar to what happened in 1997. With Shawn Michaels and Triple H overtaking Randy Orton as the top heels.

HeartBreakMan2k
06-13-2009, 10:14 PM
People won't boo Shawn Michaels anymore. Unless Rock comes back and works with him, then maybe.

The Chris Rosa
06-13-2009, 10:57 PM
They were heels in 2000. It worked for a while.

And in 1997 they were heels, but they got over due to the newly cynical fanbase that elevated Austin.

Mr. Nerfect
06-13-2009, 11:23 PM
DX doesn't really do anything edgy anymore, so it wouldn't be too similar to their run 12 years ago. It'd be more like a Two Man Power Trip angle, I guess, just with the DX guys. I think their legacies would probably get in the way of them being heels, but I could see some interesting faces step up to challenge them.

Lock Jaw
06-14-2009, 12:16 AM
I think their legacies would probably get in the way of them being heels

HHH could easily turn heel. No one cares about his legacy. Turn on some non-John Cena face and BAM instantly people would boo him.

HBK is a bit trickier, but it could be done. If he just turned on a face, he would probably still be cheered. He would have to do something really dastardly or heelish.

Mr. Nerfect
06-14-2009, 12:25 AM
I think he could get a good heel persona going if he started "missing shows," and then talking about how he didn't care if he didn't show up. Basically, just have him act like a celebrity that seems to get genuine joy out of depriving the fans.

DAMN iNATOR
06-14-2009, 01:36 AM
It would be similar to what happened in 1997. With Shawn Michaels and Triple H overtaking Randy Orton as the top heels.

Except that in '97 they would have been overtaking somebody like Austin or whoever, as opposed to today. Remember, Orton didn't debut with WWE until April 2002.

Ben Rodrigues
06-14-2009, 05:54 AM
Except that in '97 they would have been overtaking somebody like Austin or whoever, as opposed to today. Remember, Orton didn't debut with WWE until April 2002.

I meant taking over Randy Orton today. In 1997 they overtook Bret Hart who was the top heel of the company at that point.

Londoner
06-14-2009, 07:38 AM
It wont happen while the legacy is around,which looks like being a long time.

Stickman
06-14-2009, 01:31 PM
I think he could get a good heel persona going if he started "missing shows," and then talking about how he didn't care if he didn't show up. Basically, just have him act like a celebrity that seems to get genuine joy out of depriving the fans.

I like this idea.

They could also bring back the PA guy saying "Shawn Micheals has left the building."

RatedGSuperstar
06-14-2009, 08:10 PM
I still think Michaels will get involved with the HHH/Orton feud once they can convince him to come back on the road. DX vs. Legacy is just too easy to not be booked. Of course, it would ultimately lead to the demise of Legacy, but it's still easy booking.

It'd also mean a darker, less-goofy DX, considering the recent history of the HHH/Orton feud, which I'd be cool with. Then again, the WWE hasn't exactly been consistent with their booking of DX, when you consider how they had Michaels cutting goofy WWE Shop commercials with HHH while he was in the middle of the "OMG I have no money and I'm depressed" angle.

Jannettyzilla
06-14-2009, 10:29 PM
It wont happen while the legacy is around,which looks like being a long time.

Nah, Dibiase has to be an established face by the time The Marine 2 comes out. I'd say the turn will come at or soon after Summerslam.

Londoner
06-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Can't see that happening tbh.

Mr. Nerfect
06-15-2009, 01:23 AM
They're going to have to do something with Ted DiBiase. Apparently they are dropping hints on WWE.com. If they did a King of the Ring this year, he'd probably get the best rub out of winning it.

I see John Cena and Ted DiBiase winning the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship together, actually.

Londoner
06-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Dibiase as king of the ring would be great, tag champs with cena however? fuck that.

Krimzon7
06-15-2009, 08:48 PM
In short, No.

In long, No.

DX is done. The best we've got for a heel stable is Legacy.

Londoner
06-15-2009, 08:49 PM
well said krimzon.

Krimzon7
06-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Thank you TL

Kane Knight
06-16-2009, 01:34 AM
Michaels could turn heel easily. they could have pulled it off with the whole JBL angle, in fact. I mean, they didn't, and I doubt they would, but they could.

Michaels/HHH as a heel combo could work, regardless of the status of DX. It's easier to go the current route, though, because Michaels is one of the most recoignised faces as far as the WWE viewership is concerned.

I gotta say, though, it seems like they'd be better investments as faces who build up new heels by simpy opposing them. Preferably, NOT as DX.

The only question is, would Trips and Michaels actually do it? Who could turn heel and be built up?

Mr. Nerfect
06-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Dibiase as king of the ring would be great, tag champs with cena however? fuck that.

I wouldn't like to see it, but I can see it happening. If DiBiase turns face, he's going to need some fire-power, because the guy just can't turn insta-credible. I can so see the WWE doing an angle where Cena passes on the role as "The Marine" onto Ted DiBiase.

Mr. Nerfect
06-16-2009, 08:54 AM
In short, No.

In long, No.

DX is done. The best we've got for a heel stable is Legacy.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. When you say "DX is done," do you mean that we'll never see them again? Because I'm not DX fan, but I would not bet against them getting back together.

Mr. Nerfect
06-16-2009, 08:57 AM
Michaels could turn heel easily. they could have pulled it off with the whole JBL angle, in fact. I mean, they didn't, and I doubt they would, but they could.

Michaels/HHH as a heel combo could work, regardless of the status of DX. It's easier to go the current route, though, because Michaels is one of the most recoignised faces as far as the WWE viewership is concerned.

I gotta say, though, it seems like they'd be better investments as faces who build up new heels by simpy opposing them. Preferably, NOT as DX.

The only question is, would Trips and Michaels actually do it? Who could turn heel and be built up?

Truthfully, the best answer I can come up with for that, would be a heel turn for Batista down the line. By then Legacy will probably be finished, and we could get a return of "Evolution" with simply Orton and Batista feuding with DX.

I'd love to see The Brian Kendrick step up, if he's cleaned up his act. Make fun of me for my pick in guys to push, but the dude was being fast-tracked on SmackDown! until he got "teh heatz." That status doesn't last forever in the WWE, and I'm sure the reasons Kendrick initially got picked for a massive push are still quite valid backstage. Kendrick also has his past with HBK, which would be interesting to play up, at least a little bit.

The Miz & The Brian Kendrick?

GD
06-16-2009, 09:08 AM
I have lost all hopes for Brian Kendrick. :(