PDA

View Full Version : Taz(z) on commentary

Impeccable
06-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Can probably find the information myself, but hey, what's the Q&A forum for.

Watching an old video where Taz(z) was on commentary...what I want to know is, did he want to commentate or was he shoved in that position? Did he want to get back in the ring?

#BROKEN Hasney
06-17-2009, 02:43 PM
It wasn't forced, his neck was totally fucked by that point. Even if he didn't commentate, his full-time wrestling career was over.

NeanderCarl
06-25-2009, 05:58 PM
He was mutli-tasking for a while. Don't think he retired from in-ring until some point in 2002 after the brand seperation, yet he announced as far back as 2000, if I remember correctly.

He most certainly favoured a commentary gig over a wrestling gig from that point, due - as Hasney pointed out - to injuries.

At the time he first got involved in commentary... no idea but I would imagine that even if he were forced to announce when he was happy just wrestling (which I doubt), he wouldn't be too bothered because he was still wrestling at the time.

parkmania
06-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Wasn't Taz first involved in the ECW commentary because he was injured at the time? I'd swear I remember Joey Styles commenting something like "and the man who you've been listening to with me on commentary all night is none other than... Taz."

The Mackem
06-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Yeah, I think it even shows you that on the Rise and Fall of ECW, or whatever that DVD was called.