PDA

View Full Version : Would Austin v Hogan have been bigger than Rock v Hogan?

XL
06-17-2009, 06:36 PM
So, if we'd have had Austin taking the place of The Rock in the match against Hogan at WrestleMania 18 would it have been as big a spectacle/as good of a match?

You would have had the "Biggest Star of the 80's" going up against the "Biggest Star of the 90's" after all.

Supreme Olajuwon
06-17-2009, 07:33 PM
I'd say not as big, simply because Rock vs. Hogan was showman vs showman. Austin was a down to business kinda guy, whereas Hogan and Rocky were guys who played up the crowd.

Zeeboe
06-17-2009, 07:34 PM
I was hoping that match would have taken place at Summerslam 2002. Could have been huge.

The Gold Standard
06-17-2009, 07:59 PM
I would say as big. That match was huge and as Supreme said Austin is a down to business guy, not a showman

Nicky Fives
06-17-2009, 08:51 PM
It would've been around the save.... I wouldn't have cared, the Hogan/Rock match was WAY overrated.... not even a great talent like The Rock (or Stone Cold for that matter) could have carried a 50-something Hogan into a decent match....

Supreme Olajuwon
06-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Now come on. I hate Hogan too, but to say that wasn't even a decent match? That's stupid.

Testicle
06-17-2009, 09:34 PM
It was a great match, thats the match people think about when you mention WM 18. Remember greatness of matches are not determined on the number of flips or top-rope moves you do, there measured in tickets sold, ratings and money. Hogan vs. Rock was money.

I do believe that Austin vs. Hogan wouldn't have been as successful as Hogan vs. Rock. The Rock really played it up in the build up to the match in a way that I don't think Austin would. Although it would be an intriguing match because I doubt that the fans would have turned on Austin the way that they did with the Rock. It was this turn and the love for Hogan that made the match speacial. I don't see that with Austin.

Testicle
06-17-2009, 09:37 PM
It would've been around the save.... I wouldn't have cared, the Hogan/Rock match was WAY overrated.... not even a great talent like The Rock (or Stone Cold for that matter) could have carried a 50-something Hogan into a decent match....

Hogan was 48 at the time.

Also Shawn Micheals had quite a match with him at SS 2005, over three years after this match.

KIRA
06-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Also Shawn Micheals had quite a match with him at SS 2005, over three years after this match.

Thats not saying much I mean shawn could probably carry a mannequin to a 5 star match if he wanted to but having a match with hogan is pretty close....granted the mannequin has a wider move set but thats neither here nor there.

jony lions
06-18-2009, 06:28 AM
Thats not saying much I mean shawn could probably carry a mannequin to a 5 star match if he wanted to but having a match with hogan is pretty close....granted the mannequin has a wider move set but thats neither here nor there.

thats just idiotic you stupid cunt

Nicky Fives
06-18-2009, 11:06 AM

Bingo!

TSI
06-18-2009, 11:57 AM
I'd say not as big, simply because Rock vs. Hogan was showman vs showman. Austin was a down to business kinda guy, whereas Hogan and Rocky were guys who played up the crowd.