PDA

View Full Version : Morrison vs. Edge

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Anyone catch it on smackdown? Only match I watched.... unbelievable. Edge made Morrison look awesome in losing. Morrison's offense and selling were top notch, Edge was Edge. Absolutely great stuff.

Krimzon7
06-20-2009, 10:03 AM
I saw it and was in awe. I saw the look Edge gave Morrison post match. Edge was in Kayfabe, but he looked like he was totally digging the crowd reaction. Morrison looked like a former champ going against Edge. The pre match promo was pretty good too. Love Morrison digging on Edge's accent.

In all honesty, this is the second gem Morrison put out this month. Did you catch the match v jericho on Superstars? If not, Google it dude!

Nicky Fives
06-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Morrison definately has a ton of potential.... but they've been saying the same about Shelton Benjamin for the last 5 years..... hopefully Morrison comes through

Londoner
06-20-2009, 12:04 PM
They need to start a feud now,knew the match would be good, and still feel there's more to come from them two.

Supreme Olajuwon
06-20-2009, 12:18 PM
JR was putting Morrison over like crazy too.

Xero
06-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Will watch it a bit later.

Gertner
06-20-2009, 12:19 PM
JR put it best. This could propel Morrison into World Champ status.

The Gold Standard
06-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Morrison Edge would be a great feud. Hopefully Morrison will be a World Title guy soon.

Xero
06-20-2009, 12:55 PM
I'd say give Morrison one more year. Maybe give the IC title and have him really build it back up to mean something. Then throw him into the title picture around SummerSlam 2010.

I'm loving this slow build.

Supreme Olajuwon
06-20-2009, 01:00 PM
I would love a Morrison/Jericho feud over the IC title.

4 knuckles up
06-20-2009, 01:01 PM
I'll rep whomever links me to either the JoMo v Edge or JoMo v Jericho match...

And build several churches in their honour.

TSI
06-20-2009, 02:27 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/821CxHGaCs4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/821CxHGaCs4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

TSI
06-20-2009, 02:28 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ksas1hfiZ4Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ksas1hfiZ4Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

TSI
06-20-2009, 02:37 PM
ppv quality...i loved it

Krimzon7
06-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Can you find the superstars match with Jericho?

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Morrison has some fucking unbelievable offence, I can't even believe he's allowed to use it in the WWE... tho I guess he can because he's on smackdown and not on raw.

Krimzon7
06-20-2009, 02:52 PM

Literally took the words outta my mouth. IC title is getting some pretty good shine right now with Jericho/Mysterio. Adding Morrison to that would be the shit.

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-20-2009, 02:57 PM
I also smiled when Jim Ross said Morrison was like young Shawn Michaels, because he totally is. He has a shitload of momentum right now. Different than Shelton, becuse he's at least on Smackdown where the egos appear to be 2nd to putting out a decent product.

-edit-

I'm aware Shelton is on Smackdown NOW, but he was on raw, drowning in the pool of shit for far too long of a time and it really damaged his character.

Londoner
06-20-2009, 03:05 PM

Seems the next logical step after the jericho/rey feud,would be amazing.

Krimzon7
06-20-2009, 03:09 PM
The look I'm talking about is right around the 8:40 mark. Subtle things... Edge has that look like he knows this match stole the show. This will be a match that we'll see on PPVs soon.

TSI
06-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Seems the next logical step after the jericho/rey feud,would be amazing.

i doubt they'll take rey's mask...too much merchandise lost.....:shifty:

Londoner
06-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Would love it if rey loses, and have a feeling its happening.

The Mask
06-20-2009, 05:45 PM
didn't morrison have some awesome match right after him and the miz split up? i remember seeing it and being impressed and i don't really watch wrestling a whole lot anymore.

Londoner
06-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Morrisons had loads of awesome matches since he left for smackdown, but he had a few good ones then to.

Juan
06-20-2009, 10:28 PM
didn't morrison have some awesome match right after him and the miz split up? i remember seeing it and being impressed and i don't really watch wrestling a whole lot anymore.

Morrison vs. Evan Bourne on ECW

Xero
06-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Awesome match.

The Gold Standard
06-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Morrison Edge, Jeff Jericho, and Punk Rey were all great matches. Three quality matches on Smackdown. Meanwhile, Raw struggles to get one a week.

DAMN iNATOR
06-21-2009, 01:24 AM
Can you find the superstars match with Jericho?
<div><object width="480" height="381"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x9c9ue_chris-jericho-vs-john-morrison-wwe_sport&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x9c9ue_chris-jericho-vs-john-morrison-wwe_sport&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="381" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9c9ue_chris-jericho-vs-john-morrison-wwe_sport">Chris Jericho vs John Morrison [WWE Superstars 5-7- 09]</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/TakerLover">TakerLover</a>. - <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/us/channel/sport">More professional, college and classic sports videos.</a></i></div>

Londoner
06-21-2009, 02:22 AM
Would love it if rey loses, and have a feeling its happening.

Just to quote myself from earlier, that feelings now changed to me thinking Rey will win but by DQ, that way, everybodies happy and Rey keeps his mask.

Mr. Nerfect
06-21-2009, 03:00 AM
That match was truly tremendous. Edge can perform with the best of them at times, but that was some of the best work I have seen from him in ages. Morrison and Edge starting up a feud is something I really want to see now.

Triple Naitch
06-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Incredible matches, so many close calls. Morrison's springboard kick to Edge looked so authentic, I thought Edge had a concussion.

Juan
06-22-2009, 01:02 AM
I just watched the match earlier today. Great match.

Dave Youell
06-22-2009, 09:08 AM
I still say I don't like him yet.

There's no reason to cheer him. He looks too pretty and starship pain for my money is a weak finish as he barely touches them when he does it.

He could be awesome, but I'm still not digging him

Impeccable
06-22-2009, 09:49 AM

There's no reason to cheer him. He looks too pretty and starship pain for my money is a weak finish as he barely touches them when he does it.

My thoughts too.

Technically he's sound, and he's got some great offense.

I just don't want to cheer him...yet.

It could change, especially if they drop generic music #3 and the fur coats and Vince puts him in the Instapush 3000

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Morrison should never drop the coats. Ever.

BigDaddyCool
06-22-2009, 12:20 PM
I liked Morrison before it was cool to like Morrison.

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-22-2009, 12:56 PM
I liked Morrison before it was cool to like Morrison.

I didn't watch ECW so I couldn't have liked him.

Testicle
06-22-2009, 01:01 PM
It was a really good match. But when Edge gave his promo and first mentioned that he was going to face Morrison, the crowd didn't react at all and the reactions during Morrison's promo weren't that strong either.

I think that he is going to have to change himself a little to really get over, the SD audience doesn't have alot of smarks that are going to be drawn to his current character.

Testicle
06-22-2009, 01:02 PM

:y:

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-22-2009, 01:08 PM
It was a really good match. But when Edge gave his promo and first mentioned that he was going to face Morrison, the crowd didn't react at all and the reactions during Morrison's promo weren't that strong either.

I think that he is going to have to change himself a little to really get over, the SD audience doesn't have alot of smarks that are going to be drawn to his current character.

It's possible for him to get over by having exciting matches though.

Krimzon7
06-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Morrison should never drop the coats. Ever.
Bingo!

Krimzon7
06-22-2009, 01:30 PM
I liked Nitro before it was cool to like Morrison.

Back when he used to that Ugh, Ugh, Uuuungh thing.

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2009, 02:23 PM

But did you notice the fans really get into him as the match progressed? It's all about progress. Right now, Morrison looks good as fuck in the eyes of the fans. He just needs to follow it up with something. People still probably don't know they should be cheering the guy. He's still probably a bad guy in their eyes until he does something "good."

Testicle
06-22-2009, 02:57 PM
I agree.

Sure his matches have been good, I just think there needs to be a slight change to his persona to get the fans fully behind him.

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-22-2009, 03:14 PM
I think he's getting the "slow build" treatment.

Dave Youell
06-22-2009, 04:22 PM
I think he's getting the "slow build" treatment.

Problem with that is, they have changed nothing about him, not even slowly.

He still has the same entrance, same gear, same music, everything.

If someone just switched on the TV after not watching for a few months, there's no way they would know he's a face.

It's the same with MVP, they just turned him, but changed nothing about him.

Now I'm not saying there needs to be a total gimmick overhaul, far from it, as I hate that, but there needs to be some subtle changes. New music would be a good start. And then a change of his coats, so they look less gay

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Nothing really changed about Shawn Michaels when her turned face other than he got turned on by Sid and when he came back he was a face.

The guy is having great matches, looking great in the ring and holding his own on the mic. If you cant be happy with that, then you're just a whiner. Crowds aren't going to start exploding for him over night. It takes time.

Sure, they could do things a bit better, but this is the WWE, they could do a lot of things better.

Dave Youell
06-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Nothing really changed about Shawn Michaels when her turned face other than he got turned on by Sid and when he came back he was a face.

The guy is having great matches, looking great in the ring and holding his own on the mic. If you cant be happy with that, then you're just a whiner. Crowds aren't going to start exploding for him over night. It takes time.

Sure, they could do things a bit better, but this is the WWE, they could do a lot of things better.

Granted.

But at least when Shawn was turned it was by a top star, Morrison wasn't even really turned, he was on ECW the next night beating Evan Bourne acting like a heel again, he's just changed for the sake of it, that's what I don't like. There's still no reason to like him.

When Sid turned on HBK, you were behind HBK because you hated Sid.

This is like Ortiz turning for me, there's no reason for it.

Yes his matches, are ok, personally, I think that it's still a tad to spotty with not enough contact in moves, things like the windmill leg drop are OTT and as already mentioned I think starship pain isn't a finisher.

He needs to give me a turning point to care about him. Simply having good matches and acting more or less the same way won't cut it for me, as I never found him overly entertaining anyway

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-22-2009, 06:34 PM
I can see where you're coming from with the starship pain. I think it's a cool fresh new finisher, but it's a lot of flash maybe lacking in substance. But it's a move he hits at the end of a match so in a way it makes sense. Plus it can always be sold that the corkscrew in the moonsault gives it some added torque or whatever.

He does a great job selling injuries throughout the match, and tells a really good sotry every time. I love that springboard kick he does, it is a flashy yet extremely efficient move. I mean for fuck sake he's kicking a guy in the face with added leverage. And also that knee to the downed opponent is NASTY, if anything that should be his finished cuz the audience reacts to that more than anything.

Krimzon7
06-23-2009, 01:14 AM
that goddamn knee is brutal. I actually thought he found his niche with the moonlight drive. that jump kick off the ropes is bad ass too. He just has a great ass move set.

Mr. Nerfect
06-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Morrison should win matches with any move he wants. He's got the Starship Pain (awesome looking), Moonlight Drive (has been built well), The Chuck Morrison (pretty sweet), Nitro Blast (Superkick) and that vicious knee to the face.

Krimzon7
06-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Chuck Morrison is what he calls the spring board kick? I love this guy more every day