PDA

View Full Version : Artie Lange on the Joe Buck show

RoXer
06-22-2009, 07:50 PM
I wasn't going to make this thread because I thought it would blow over in a few days but this is still getting heat so I thought I'd bring it up. Now, I really wanted to provide more links and articles but I can't really see what I'm doing because of my broken laptop so you'll have to bear with me and maybe do a little research on your own.

Joe Buck took over Bob Costas' show on HBO and his first show was last week. He had on Brett Farve, Michael Irvin, and Chad Johnson. Then I guess at the end he had on a few comedians. Artie, Paul Rudd, and Jason Sedakis.

So Artie kinda took over the show at the end and was "vulgar" and "inappropriate". Basically, him being him.

So then once that happened, everyone was enraged over this appearnce. It was ESPN, all over sports radio, there was an article in the Times, and they The View. THE VIEW.

Everyone has opinions on it and I wanted to get your guyseses. Do you think he was out of line at all?

Here is the replay on youtube from I think tuesday. If you wanna hear more of Artie's thoughts on it just go dl this week's shows from demonoid because it's talked about for at least an hour every day.

Here are the clips:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PRp6oOM3Luc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PRp6oOM3Luc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x6dQmKH-a7c&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x6dQmKH-a7c&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QE6pfIFI5IE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QE6pfIFI5IE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jeritron
06-22-2009, 07:55 PM
I watched this when it aired. It was really awkward, but of course made for compelling tv. It was basically me and my friend facepalming the whole time at it. I knew it would get some media attention.

RoXer
06-22-2009, 07:57 PM
What was bad? Artie's segment or the interviews before it or the whole thing?

Jeritron
06-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Arties segment. It was just incredibly tense. He was obviously wasted, and completely out of line. Joe Buck was obviously upset, and they were taking real nasty jabs at eachother in the process of the interview.

Dragon
06-22-2009, 08:54 PM
He was obviously an asshole during the interview. But what were they expecting when they got him to be on the show? Kind of curious as to who thought having Artie on the show would be a good idea in the first place.

Jeritron
06-22-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm sure they got what they bargained for

Jeritron
06-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Side question:

How often are they going to do episodes of this?

Inadequacy
06-22-2009, 09:36 PM
I love how Artie kept talking about how the crowd loved him and he made the show, but at the end they were dead whenever he spoke.

All this has taught me is to appreciate how awesome Paul Rudd is even more.

Sudeikis gets props.

RP
06-22-2009, 09:51 PM
I dont really understand what the problem is. He made some great jokes. The Jack Buck stuff was great. I'm not really sure what The Joe Buck show is expecting here. I thought it was great tbh. And the reaction is really a joke. I dont see the problem. I actually thought Buck and Jason played along really good. The chin number #4 joke was great. Then Artie saying " Number 4 the show you wont get too " LOL.

RP
06-22-2009, 09:53 PM
ROFL i thought Joe Buck has some great lines.

RP
06-22-2009, 09:58 PM
I dont see much of a problem. I agree that Lang made it intresting.

Loose Cannon
06-22-2009, 10:00 PM
I love how Artie kept talking about how the crowd loved him and he made the show, but at the end they were dead whenever he spoke.

All this has taught me is to appreciate how awesome Paul Rudd is even more.

Sudeikis gets props.

uh, he did make that show because they were fucking dead through the whole camp shit they were talking about without Artie. The crowd loved it.

Artie is the man. He had some great lines and made the show much more entertaining, even though that's not what the show was suppossed to be

Gertner
06-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Fuck I love Artie Lange. Stern show is the best.

Gertner
06-22-2009, 10:07 PM
His book is amazing

Hanso Amore
06-26-2009, 10:19 AM
His book is amazing

Agreed, I just finished it.

They got what they bargained for.

Gertner
06-26-2009, 10:27 AM
I can't wait for his upcoming book too. Artie's stories are fantastic.

Hanso Amore
06-26-2009, 02:59 PM
I can't wait for his upcoming book too. Artie's stories are fantastic.

I honestly nearly pissed during the Too Fat To Fish story.

Artie is like a friend of mine...Fat loud mouth drunk druggie from Jersey.

Gertner
06-26-2009, 04:59 PM
The story about him losing his virginity was amazing.

Hanso Amore
06-26-2009, 09:49 PM
lOL SHIT YEAH

And the Bank robbery.

Seriously, I was a semi Artie fan before I read the book. I only bought it at an airpoty looking for something cheaper to read, since Joe Torres book was 33 bucks.

That book put me on my ass. I was amazed. Best Book I have read in ages.

Hanso Amore
06-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Great point they made....Why did they book artie with the high school sweet hearts.

Artie was great. So was Rudd and Jason. Sucks for them to get caught in this....but what did they expect. Fuck Buck. He wants to play high and mighty, but was egging on artie and keeping it going.

road doggy dogg
06-28-2009, 07:30 AM
suckincock.com
crossrine

road doggy dogg
06-28-2009, 07:31 AM
Also, Joe Buck is awful and Artie Lange is marvelous. I'm saddened that I did not see this live.
crossrine

RoXer
06-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Yeah, he had a great line later on the show

The big winner here is suckingcock.com. They're getting a bunch of hits on thier site.

Gertner
07-13-2009, 01:29 AM
lol Artie got arrested for a dui and careless driving on July 10th when he rear ended another car.

Triple A
07-21-2009, 08:05 PM
I think it was just awkward because Joe Buck is a dickhead. Like when Randy Moss mooned the crowd that one time and Joe Buck FLIPPED OUT and then everyone made a huge deal about it, like ESPN wouldn't even show it that day because of how offended Joe Buck was. He is a fucking bitch.

But Artie Lange is still a huge dickhead also. He is a fucking huge mess who thinks he is being funny by being "outrageous". I can't listen to his standup without feeling horrible because of how much of a mess he is. Just talks about doing heroin and coke and shit and how much he hates how fat he is and things like that. Mad depressing/uncomfortable person to listen to.

Gonzo
07-22-2009, 07:44 PM
I like Joe Buck. Sure he is a bit pompous, but there are far worse commentators/talk show hosts in sports.

Now Bob Costas, big asshole right there.

Gertner
07-22-2009, 08:30 PM
I think it was just awkward because Joe Buck is a dickhead. Like when Randy Moss mooned the crowd that one time and Joe Buck FLIPPED OUT and then everyone made a huge deal about it, like ESPN wouldn't even show it that day because of how offended Joe Buck was. He is a fucking bitch.

But Artie Lange is still a huge dickhead also. He is a fucking huge mess who thinks he is being funny by being "outrageous". I can't listen to his standup without feeling horrible because of how much of a mess he is. Just talks about doing heroin and coke and shit and how much he hates how fat he is and things like that. Mad depressing/uncomfortable person to listen to.

But he is funny.