PDA

View Full Version : Soo...it appears there may have been a legit reason for ending the Trump storyline...

DAMN iNATOR
06-23-2009, 12:21 AM
- Contactmusic.com is reporting that WWE and General Electric (the owner of USA Network) could face an investigation by the SEC due to them announcing last week that Donald Trump purchased Monday Night RAW. The publicity stunt caused WWE shares to fall 7% on Tuesday. Both WWE and the USA Network have apologized and acknowledged that no sale had taken place. This might be one of the reasons it appears they've done away with the angle.

Volchok
06-23-2009, 12:37 AM
lol

Dorkchop
06-23-2009, 12:49 AM
Wow. I didn't want Trump to be around for a while (or at all really), but for a couple of weeks it could have been passable... at least for storyline purposes.

The Gold Standard
06-23-2009, 02:15 AM
Wow that is terrible

Storer50
06-23-2009, 02:33 AM
Wow, the SEC is certainly not a smark

DAMN iNATOR
06-23-2009, 03:27 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/lostintemp/Graficos/get_the_fuck_out.jpg

Fignuts
06-23-2009, 03:56 AM
oh dear god

Theo Dious
06-23-2009, 08:15 AM

Apparently it's still real to them. Dammit.

Dave Youell
06-23-2009, 09:50 AM
I don't see why the stock went down, I mean Trump can make money off more than just one kind of business at least

owenbrown
06-23-2009, 11:00 AM
the SEC believed a WRESTLING STORYLINE?! :wtf: :roll:

ministrychick77
06-23-2009, 12:41 PM
wow...

that's pretty pathetic if you ask me...
damn. almost at a loss for words.

Dorkchop
06-23-2009, 12:45 PM
WWE should bring back kayfabe

Xero
06-23-2009, 01:04 PM
lol

owenbrown
06-23-2009, 01:06 PM
for fucks sake.... do/did they NOT realize it was a STORYLINE?!

DAMN iNATOR
06-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Maybe if we could get Xero to ship them all complimentary copies of his new Steve Blackman shirt, they will forget about this.

:shifty:

screech
06-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Wow

ClockShot
06-23-2009, 03:54 PM
SEC doesn't fuck around.

Besides. If you were Joe Stockholder and had shares in WWE. But never ever watched a minute of wrestling, would you cut and run if you heard that Donald Trump bought Monday Night Raw?

Besides, Trump got his own problems. Taj Mahal folded up not to long ago in A.C.

FourFifty
06-23-2009, 04:13 PM
SEC doesn't fuck around.

Besides. If you were Joe Stockholder and had shares in WWE. But never ever watched a minute of wrestling, would you cut and run if you heard that Donald Trump bought Monday Night Raw?

Besides, Trump got his own problems. Taj Mahal folded up not to long ago in A.C.

ClockShot brings up a valid point, however if I were Joe Stockholder I'd do a little homework before cutting and running. For example, the first thing I would have to figure out "Is professional wrestling real?" After I find out the answer is yes, I would cut and run because there is no way I'm going to associate myself with a company like that
Let's face it, if Chuck Lidel hit someone with a chair outside of the octogon then he'd be charged with assulat. If Dana White fired people based on his mood and made it public I'm sure his company would have folded by now (and until it folded he would be riducled for constantly re-hiring people he fired). If Frank Mir locked a zombie in a casket and lit on fire there would be a full FBI investigation!
Because of course, it's still real to someone, damnit.

Sovereigntywillpr
06-23-2009, 05:24 PM
ClockShot brings up a valid point, however if I were Joe Stockholder I'd do a little homework before cutting and running. For example, the first thing I would have to figure out "Is professional wrestling real?" After I find out the answer is yes, I would cut and run because there is no way I'm going to associate myself with a company like that
Let's face it, if Chuck Lidel hit someone with a chair outside of the octogon then he'd be charged with assulat. If Dana White fired people based on his mood and made it public I'm sure his company would have folded by now (and until it folded he would be riducled for constantly re-hiring people he fired). If Frank Mir locked a zombie in a casket and lit on fire there would be a full FBI investigation!
Because of course, it's still real to someone, damnit.

SEC doesn't fuck around.

But Doesn't joe stock-holder have access to WWECorperate.com or whatever, not to mention he doesn't own a RAW stock but a WW(F)E stock.

I'm wouldn't be suprised if they ran the story to make the stock drop so they can buy up all access shares cheap and sell them in a few weeks in when it blows over.

taker707
06-23-2009, 05:41 PM
World Wrestling Entertainment issued a press release teasing that the storyline involving Vince McMahon & Donald Trump is not over. “Although Trump is no longer the ‘owner’ of Monday Night Raw, this may not be the end of the feud between these two world class promoters,” WWE said in the press release. The storyline appeared to have ended last night, after only one week.

thedamndest
06-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Thousands of World Wrestling Entertainment smarks issued a joint press release to the WWE's press release. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Xero
06-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Thousands of World Wrestling Entertainment smarks issued a joint press release to the WWE's press release. "LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

James Steele
06-23-2009, 05:49 PM
HAIR VS HAIR II

Lux
06-23-2009, 11:33 PM
:rofl:

DAMN iNATOR
06-24-2009, 01:59 AM
HAIR VS HAIR II

If they do go that way for WM XXVI or something, it should be Trump's turn to have his locks shaved. I've always wondered what he'd look like bald.

IRodC
06-24-2009, 02:22 AM
was it worth the 4.8 rating?

DaVe
06-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Hours of 4.3 and 4.8 were pretty impressive, considering almost the last decade...

Kane Knight
06-24-2009, 01:27 PM
the SEC believed a WRESTLING STORYLINE?! :wtf: :roll:

The SEC's motto is "It's still real to me, dammit!"

No, but seriously, SEC's investigating the results of a storyline. It may be something on TV, but when something on TV has a real world impact, it might be time to look into things. Especially when it does lead to a stock shift like that. Besides, the outcome is gonna be pretty straightforward: The fans are fucking retarded, and the investors were fans.

Besides, it's not like they're making a federal case out of...Oh....:D

Kane Knight
06-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Hours of 4.3 and 4.8 were pretty impressive, considering almost the last decade...

The 3 hour Raw's top hour drew like a million extra fans before you consider the drama. Could be Trump was actually superfluous for the results of (Whatever the real numbers are...) to have happened.

Though I'm gonna say it's probably safe to assume the Trump storyline would at least draw a short term boost.

James Steele
06-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Kane Knight, you are brilliant. How can you know that the Donald Trump storyline helped improve ratings?

owenbrown
06-24-2009, 01:49 PM
The SEC's motto is "It's still real to me, dammit!"

No, but seriously, SEC's investigating the results of a storyline. It may be something on TV, but when something on TV has a real world impact, it might be time to look into things. Especially when it does lead to a stock shift like that. Besides, the outcome is gonna be pretty straightforward: The fans are fucking retarded, and the investors were fans.

Besides, it's not like they're making a federal case out of...Oh....:D

It's the stockholders who should feel like the dipshits cause they believed Trump really bought Raw and caused the selling frenzy that made WWE's stock fall 7 %

also lol at the last sentence

Kane Knight
06-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Well, I think the stockholders who caused the stock drop are fans. I think most of the stockholders don't really care about the programming itself, and I doubt most of them knew anything about the Trump storyline to begin with.

Simply put, I don't think anyone who didn't take their news from WWE.com and Monday night Raw would have sold in the first place.

Sixx
06-27-2009, 10:32 AM
There should be a storyline bout his hairpiece/haircut or whatever that fucvking thing living on his head is.

Loose Cannon
06-27-2009, 11:56 PM
no wonder my GE stock fell last week