PDA

View Full Version : Apparently the Age of the Fall is forever, and fucking surreal...

What Would Kevin Do?
06-27-2009, 02:26 AM
So yeah, I went to the ROH show in Detroit... Decent show, could have been better, although the KENTA/Strong vs. American Wolves match was off the charts.

Anyway, for anyone who cares, there was a cage match between Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black, and the ending was fucking surreal... Seriously one of the coolest things I've seen in wrestling. Black wins with a splash from the top of the cage through a table. Immediately after the match though, the AotF screaming starts, and 30-40 people wearing black shirts, black ski masks, etc, storm the ring, surround it, climb the cage, etc , and start beating down Tyler Black.

In the meantime, Jimmy is ranting about how the Age of the Fall is just starting, and how it's forever... Then he proceeds to scream "Forever" over and over again while the swarm of people beat down Tyler, surround the ring chanting, and shake the cage, practically making it come undone. Afterwards, they crowd surf Jimmy Jacobs out of the ring while he has his arms outstretched like Jesus, while at the same time there were Age of the Fall chants... You really have to see it to understand just how badass it was.... Just to see so many people in black masks storm the ring at once was insane. I found one picture of it that someone took, but it's not the best, and from when it just started....

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/14339480.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1246084611&Signature=ILF%2FS84bn8YpFe3J4lQ5f0dgAxU%3D

Juan
06-27-2009, 03:01 AM
That sounds awesome

Mantas
06-27-2009, 09:59 AM
That sounds fucking amazing! Is this show gonna be on DVD anytime soon I have to keep a lookout for it.

Halbowsky
06-27-2009, 12:02 PM
...wow. I really thought AOTF had some real potential to be like an nWo. Glad to see it's coming back in full force

Kane Knight
06-27-2009, 12:03 PM
I thought this was about Age of FAIL, WWE's new era.

RGWhat316
06-27-2009, 07:22 PM
I was also there last night, and was fairly happy with the show. Seemed alot better than the show in January. Unfortunately I had to leave before the end, and didnt get to see all of the AoTF stuff. I didnt even really want to meet Flair for $30 an autograph. But seeing Roddy and KENTA almost do a double GTS was pretty damn cool.

The Show Off
06-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Was the Tyler Black/Jimmy Jacobs match any good?

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2009, 08:36 PM
That does sound very cool, indeed.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-28-2009, 01:43 AM
Okay... After tonight, depending what they do next, ROH may now have the most retarded booking ever.

I'm referring to this...

- Tyler Black v KENTA: No play by play for this. I want to see this one. It took 2 GTSs but KENTA pinned Black. Amazing match. Needs to be seen

- AotF Attacks! 10 on 1! Jimmy ties Tylers feet together. Calls for the device that held belts at Man Up! They almsot hang Black, Steenamd Generico make the save. Gods Last Gift to Jacobs! Tying Jacobs legs together, Hang Jacobs by his ankles. Deli come out also. Black grabs mic and declares AotF DEAD! Twit for pics. Jimmy pissed at his followers. They leave him in the ring. Na na na chant for AotF. Jimmy leaves thru the front.

Why make Jimmy/AotF look amazing one night, and like a total fool the next... Wow..

Mr. Nerfect
06-28-2009, 05:05 AM
Yeah, that's not too cool. Would have been nice if they had hung Black.

Londoner
06-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Okay... After tonight, depending what they do next, ROH may now have the most retarded booking ever.

I'm referring to this...

Why make Jimmy/AotF look amazing one night, and like a total fool the next... Wow..

The weirdness of wrestling continues....

ron the dial
06-28-2009, 11:42 AM
the whole aotf scenario in chicago last night was pretty terrible, especially after reading what had went down the night before.

RGWhat316
06-28-2009, 01:59 PM
I dont quite get that at all. Almost as bad as Orton in the Rumble, to looking like a douche the night after. Talk about killing all the momentum.

ron the dial
06-28-2009, 04:53 PM
it was cool when jimmy left the building though because they filmed a bit out there and it had just started to rain and he walked into the night through the rain.

Indifferent Clox
06-28-2009, 07:51 PM
I bet this is just part two in a three parter to make age of the fall even better.

Dr. Abyss
06-29-2009, 08:01 PM
I think Age of the Fall lost all its strength when Austin Aires left. Becasue Austin is way better performer then both of them.

Thats why he is now a 2 time ROH champion.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Aries was never in AotF.

Dr. Abyss
06-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Aries was never in AotF.

Are you sure?

Not trying to argue

What Would Kevin Do?
06-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Positive. Jacobs tried getting Aries to join, but he never did. Lacey ended up leaving the AotF instead, and Jacobs and Aries feuded. After the fact, Aries and Jacobs "co-existed" and went after Tyler, but that was after Tyler left, and Aries never actually joined the AotF.

Dr. Abyss
06-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Well Now that he is not CO-existing in the AOTF. They have noone to really back them up and Jimmy Jacobs has pretty much become a jobber.

thecc
06-29-2009, 11:25 PM
I kinda think ROH should pull another outside talent or two for aotf. Brain Damage would be perfect for this. He would be incredible for Necro's spot and looks frightening.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Jimmy, BJ Whitmer, the House of Truth (Raymond, Able, Truth Martini), Sami Callahan, Mischif, and a big enforcer guy like Brodie Lee or Brain Damage would be a badass stable.

The problem isn't finding people for it though. Pearce seems to have no real interest in the AotF. It's essentially done nothing since he took over. When it finally did something (Detroit), it was negated the next night (Chicago.)

With that said, Jimmy is booked insanely inconsistently as well. He beats people like Danielson and Strong, yet loses to Delirious.

Dr. Abyss
06-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Jimmy, BJ Whitmer, the House of Truth (Raymond, Able, Truth Martini), Sami Callahan, Mischif, and a big enforcer guy like Brodie Lee or Brain Damage would be a badass stable.

The problem isn't finding people for it though. Pearce seems to have no real interest in the AotF. It's essentially done nothing since he took over. When it finally did something (Detroit), it was negated the next night (Chicago.)

With that said, Jimmy is booked insanely inconsistently as well. He beats people like Danielson and Strong, yet loses to Delirious.

Have you seen Brain Damage Lately? He is my favorite CZW wrestler and all but he has gotten fat. Brodie Lee would be more suitable.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-30-2009, 02:55 AM
Has he? It's been a bit since I've seen him.