PDA

View Full Version : You know what I hated about the attitude era?

Savio
07-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Debra

Every week when Jarret had a match. Debra would get up on the apron and show her "puppies" and the male wrestler would fall for it every time. Do these wrestles not learn or watch their own show?

Xero
07-04-2009, 09:25 PM
No.

Savio
07-04-2009, 09:26 PM
If it was now I wouldn't blame them for not watching their own show.

James Steele
07-04-2009, 09:26 PM
http://images0.cafepress.com/product/81618190v174_350x350_Front.jpg

Rob
07-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Debra

Every week when Jarret had a match. Debra would get up on the apron and show her "puppies" and the male wrestler would fall for it every time. Do these wrestles not learn or watch their own show?

You could relate this to every wrestling show in the last 15 years. If people watched the show or watched last weeks, they would be wise to everything. And you might as well mention why wrestlers have "private conversations" in front of cameramen.

Savio
07-04-2009, 10:00 PM
You could relate this to every wrestling show in the last 15 years. If people watched the show or watched last weeks, they would be wise to everything. And you might as well mention why wrestlers have "private conversations" in front of cameramen.lol yo know I was thinking about that too after I created this thread...I remmeber they tried to combat this after bishoff was hired with the "hidden cameras"

But this Debra tactic happened every week.

Xero
07-04-2009, 10:01 PM
And GTV.

Jannettyzilla
07-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Of all the things one could complain about in the Attitude Era, this is low priority.

Heyman
07-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Of all the things one could complain about in the Attitude Era, this is low priority.

And Savior wonders why he doesn't have the respect of most TPWW'ers. :-\

My Final Heaven
07-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Always bugged me when jobbers would try to go for a back-body drop after they whipped Mr. Perfect to the ropes.

IT NEVER WORKED!

Savio
07-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Of all the things one could complain about in the Attitude Era, this is low priority.I loved the attitude era

Juan
07-04-2009, 11:00 PM
And Savior wonders why he doesn't have the respect of most TPWW'ers. :-\

He ignores your first jab, so you take another?

Jannettyzilla
07-04-2009, 11:34 PM
I loved the attitude era

I'm fine with it too, but when your top stars are based around binge drinking, being a degenerate, and inventing new ways to disrespect people while coming up with vagina euphemisms (not to mention you promote angles regarding graveyard desecration, sexual manslaughter, prostitution, etc.), the age-old "Look at the shiny" trick is wee potatoes.

Kane Knight
07-05-2009, 12:14 AM
You could relate this to every wrestling show in the last 15 years. If people watched the show or watched last weeks, they would be wise to everything. And you might as well mention why wrestlers have "private conversations" in front of cameramen.

What amazes me is that they even talk about people "scouting" the opposition. Yet, for some reason, even the veterans fall for the guy in the corner stomping his foot.

Kane Knight
07-05-2009, 12:20 AM
I'm fine with it too, but when your top stars are based around binge drinking, being a degenerate, and inventing new ways to disrespect people while coming up with vagina euphemisms (not to mention you promote angles regarding graveyard desecration, sexual manslaughter, prostitution, etc.), the age-old "Look at the shiny" trick is wee potatoes.

Those potatoes were hardly small. Silicone enhanced, perhaps.

Though maybe it's not so much small potatoes as it is a part of one of those larger issues.

Not that I mind. Crude euphemisms and disrespect in a product as juvenile as wrestling? I mean, I love the stuff, but why pretend this is anything out of the norm? Vince (et al) may have changed the means a little in the attitude era, but he hardly reinvented the wheel here.

Jannettyzilla
07-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Those potatoes were hardly small. Silicone enhanced, perhaps.

Though maybe it's not so much small potatoes as it is a part of one of those larger issues.

Not that I mind. Crude euphemisms and disrespect in a product as juvenile as wrestling? I mean, I love the stuff, but why pretend this is anything out of the norm? Vince (et al) may have changed the means a little in the attitude era, but he hardly reinvented the wheel here.
Good points all. My more direct concern with the era (again, minor) was the lack of focus on clean wrestling and the need to be risque to get over. And interference like Deb's was, like you said, was not a new invention or abnormal.

Fox
07-05-2009, 01:55 AM
Debra

What're you, a gay or something?

IRodC
07-05-2009, 03:18 AM
The only thing that should be hated about the attitude era is that we had to see road dogg open the show every damn week

Xero
07-05-2009, 03:27 AM
Oh you didn't know?

YES I KNOW! NOW GTFO!

Fabien Barthez
07-05-2009, 04:06 AM
The thing I found annoying about the Debra thing, is that I can only think of Jacquline and Nicole Bass who are less attractive than her.

Savio
07-05-2009, 09:34 AM
What're you, a gay or something?
No but its the same old tits every week, covered in a bra at that.

Stickman
07-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Jeff Jarrett

thedamndest
07-05-2009, 05:16 PM
You could say the same thing about any manager on the apron in any era.

"What's this? Jimmy Hart is on the ring apron? I'd better go straighten him out! Hope I don't get school boyed...AHHHH FUCK!"

Destor
07-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Long story short: Saviour is a mark.

kareru
07-05-2009, 07:55 PM
she did have fantastic tits though

but i was a terri runnels fan

redoneja
07-05-2009, 07:58 PM
I guess this is sorta along the lines of wrestlers never catching on that they should never go for a powerbomb when facing Billy Kidman.

Jannettyzilla
07-06-2009, 01:07 AM
she did have fantastic tits though

but i was a terri runnels fan

True statements, both. :y:

The Mackem
07-07-2009, 05:07 AM
I guess this is sorta along the lines of wrestlers never catching on that they should never go for a powerbomb when facing Billy Kidman.

LOL doesn't somebody have a house show story about that?

The Mackem
07-08-2009, 07:08 AM
The thing I found annoying about the Debra thing, is that I can only think of Jacquline and Nicole Bass who are less attractive than her.

I was watching Jeff Jarrett vs. Edge last night and I couldn't believe how much worse looking she was to what I remember at the time. Must have been looking in the wrong place.

IRodC
07-08-2009, 08:23 AM
I was watching Jeff Jarrett vs. Edge last night and I couldn't believe how much worse looking she was to what I remember at the time. Must have been looking in the wrong place.

Yet I would still hit it

The Mackem
07-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Austin did.

The Pope
07-08-2009, 11:48 AM
I'd look at her puppies if it was me in the match everytime.