PDA

View Full Version : SKEPSIS New Tracks

Penner
07-05-2009, 02:01 AM
http://www.myspace.com/inskepsis

Please be gentle.

Blitz
07-05-2009, 02:18 AM
Bro not even trying to be an asshole here. Your vocalist has no business being anywhere near a mic.

Dragon
07-05-2009, 02:37 AM
Yeah man, I know you don't want to hear it but the vocalist is hard to listen to.

Besides that its good.

St. Jimmy
07-05-2009, 04:43 AM
Wow. I want to buy your album, it's cheaper and a fuck ton more effective than paint-thinner.

The Destroyer
07-05-2009, 06:08 AM
What everyone else said regarding the singer.

Also, Skepsis sounds like some kind of unpleasant skin disorder.

Rob Ban Fan
07-05-2009, 09:47 AM
<font color="#ff6600">Your singer is bloody awful.</font>

Danny Electric
07-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Nice and english way to put it Mr Price.

CSL
07-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Yeah, singer is brutal

Pete Cash
07-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Ok because I am a nice guy I listened to all three songs.

The Good
You guys sound like a poor mans Into Eternity. A group I really like and now I am listening to them.
There are some interesting parts in the songs. There is a break in The Karma Suits You that sounds almost jazz like. That was interesting because I haven't heard anything like that before.
You guys are competent on the instruments. Your bass player is especially good. The bass was by far the most enjoyable part of the songs, because it was different.
Your singer isn't as bad as people are saying. He will get the job done.

The bad
Your singer misses a hell of a lot of notes. In the style of music you guys are playing that is forgivable but it wouldn't hurt him to take a singing lesson.
The mix was fucking atrocious
The songs are way too long.
Your music is bland and has been done before. You have to ask yourself why are you in a band. If its to have a laugh playing a style of music that you want then keep going. If its to express yourself artistically then why the fuck are you ripping off a thousand different groups. Listen to something like Agalloch, Isis or Neurosis. You might hate the music but at least they are expressing themselves. I have heard your music a thousand times before.

If you are in it to make money. In the words of Dizzee Rascal
First up it's important that you keep your shit original
Try and keep that copycat shit to a minimal
People want something that they never heard before
If it's been done, leave it, they don't wanna hear no more

Penner
07-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Thanks for that.

Someone compared us to Isis actually

Pete Cash
07-07-2009, 10:27 AM
I will add more.

I can tell you guys are trying to experiment, but I can also tell you are fairly new together (I might be wrong but you seem it). I wondered if that jazz break was done on purpose or it was a timing issue ;)

Actually I think you guys do have issues with timing. Still thats fixable.

There are actual interesting parts and I am a bigger music snob as anyone and I really don't hate your vocalist like most do. Would he be against taking a few lessons just to make sure he doesn't miss too many notes. Him singing off key every so often is the biggest problem he has.

Oh yeah and a few guitar riffs were a little "stereotyped" and one of the solos made me laugh how cliche it was. Might have been the one in the first song in the player. Metal is a cliche genre though.

Just try and freshen it up a bit. You guys are all fairly talented. The mix issues well.... you might need to actually pay someone to do it. I suspect though you have just recorded you guys playing at practice or at a gig or something. If you did it properly (ie mixing each instrument) then you just have to be patient and get something that sounds better.

The Destroyer
07-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks for that.

Someone compared us to Isis actually
That person needs their ears tested, seriously.

Bass is quite good, now it's been mentioned.

Penner
07-07-2009, 11:22 AM
It was done on purpose obviously. That's stupid.

We are fairly new, and most of the stuff was written by myself and the other guitarist and the others are just playing to what we wrote.

We will move to more of a progressive style once we can all write songs together.

Pete Cash
07-09-2009, 08:13 PM
its not about being progressive. stuff like dream theater is supposed to be progressive and that is utter rubbish.

It is about making your own thing.

Penner
07-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Dude. I obviously know music too. This is the direction I want my band to go in.

Pete Cash
07-14-2009, 09:37 PM
lol you want your band to go in a direction that sounds like you are badly ripping off into eternity. ???

Penner
07-15-2009, 10:11 AM
I don't even know who that is.

We want to be more progressive. Shy away from the generic rock sound. Get more technical etc.