PDA

View Full Version : #1 Contender (Smackdown Spoiler)

spd10000
04-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Who do you think it should be?

Which nominee deserves to be the #1 Contender for the WWE Championship?
Big Show
Booker T
John Cena
Charlie Haas
John "Bradshaw" Layfield

(From wwe.com)

ilt_undertaker
04-01-2004, 10:35 PM
<font color=Black>Rico</font>

ilt_undertaker
04-01-2004, 10:36 PM
<font color=Silver>But seriously, as long as it isnt The Big Show I really dont care, but I wouldnt mind Booker or Haas gettin that title shot</font>

Funky Fly
04-01-2004, 10:40 PM
I'd like to see a Cena/Guerrero rematch, from a wrestling standpoint, but for the sake of the storylines, Bradshaw has to win this somehow.

Shaggy
04-01-2004, 11:16 PM
I think they all deserve there shots now. And some....like Big Show...needs to get back in the spotlight. For the love of god how can they not put him in the spotlight. Just look at the guy. Do they actually expect us to believe that he wont just beat the living hell out of anyone in the ring. But the way they are going it seems that eventually John Cena will get his shot. And with the fans he has now its a good thing to do.

John la Rock
04-02-2004, 12:43 AM
I want it to be Booker but I think it's going to be Bradshaw

Rock Bottom
04-02-2004, 12:52 AM
Who Deserves it Most: Big Show
Who I Want to Get it: Booker T
Who Will Get it: Bradshaw

Corkscrewed
04-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Cynick put it well. Bradshaw will win in a rigged vote. Cena will probably really win. They'll fight next week and Bradshaw wins via cheating to get the #1 contender.

PureHatred
04-02-2004, 01:49 AM
What he said.

Mister Sinister
04-02-2004, 05:08 AM
Damn Cheeky WWE Bastards, hiding the results from us, I guess they knew, there was no way, Bradshaw would actually win the damn thing on his own, anyways, I voted for Booker, but I'm sure WWE will announce my vote, as well as yours, and his, and her's for John "Bradshaw" Leyfield

Corkscrewed
04-02-2004, 05:27 AM
What you don't know is that Charlie Haas is gonna win. I heard it from Vince himself. :shifty:

SeanMC
04-02-2004, 09:15 AM
what a pile of bullshit this vote is.I'm not wasting 30 seconds of my life on that shite lol. I agree with corkscrewed on this one.it's obviously gonna be Bradshaw in the end no matter what.

The CyNick
04-02-2004, 02:32 PM
Cena is on the big role right now (won the US title, had a couple of wins on TV since Mania) and he beat two guys, two jobbers, but still. Of course Cena wont win the trophy because they aren't going to give away Cena-Guerrero so quickly.

Big Show-Eddie have been doing house show matches, so that would make sense if they get cold feet about Bradshaw.

Haas could make some sense. He has a history with Eddie through their tag team feuds, and also they could play off Benjamin's big upset on RAW and how Haas could make lightning strike twice for WGTT.

BT went toe to toe with Eddie two weeks ago, so he would make sense. But again it doesn't seem to be the direction they are going.

Bradshaw totally doesn't deserve it, but thats exactly why he should win. However he needs to get at least one big win, and better yet he needs to really squash a few people before they get to Judgment Day. Lets face it even though Bradshaw has been entertaining in his new role, he still hasn't been established in the ring. I agree with Corkscrewed who agreed with my point before that he at least needs to beat Cena.

RGWhat316
04-02-2004, 02:37 PM
I think it really all depends on when the title match will happen. If it's before Judgment Day, then I don't think Bradshaw will get it, but will cause a DQ in the match. Cena has started a feud with Dupree, but with Dupree saying he wouldn't even want to be involved in the GAA tounament, then he wouldn't want the US Title. But with Cena being the only face, he probably won't get it. So I'd say Booker T.

The CyNick
04-02-2004, 03:00 PM
I think it really all depends on when the title match will happen. If it's before Judgment Day, then I don't think Bradshaw will get it, but will cause a DQ in the match. Cena has started a feud with Dupree, but with Dupree saying he wouldn't even want to be involved in the GAA tounament, then he wouldn't want the US Title. But with Cena being the only face, he probably won't get it. So I'd say Booker T.

Thats a good point about when the title shot will happen.

My guess with them making such a big deal out of it (with the trophy, the voting and everything) that it will be for a shot at the PPV, which means Bradshaw should win. But yeah, it could be a TV shot, in which case anyone could win. Hopefully its for the PPV shot though.

Corkscrewed
04-02-2004, 03:03 PM
According to the news reports, they still want to keep Bradshaw a major heel. If only he was a better wrestler... but I guess that didn't stop Big Show... :shifty:

Anyway, I must admit, I'm enjoying his new character a LOT. He would be an awesome upper midcard heel, IMO. That's where he'd fit in perfectly.