PDA

View Full Version : In John Cena's threefold lifestyle Hustle. Loyalty. Respect.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Is the "Hustle" reffering to "hustlin" as in grifting, swindling, Rick Ross "everyday I'm hustlin"

Or is it hustle in the sense of "Hey sport, good hustle"

I can see pros and cons of both positions.

On one hand, "hustlin" works because it is a black person thing and would be consistent with Mr. Cena's desire to be a black man (or "thug" if you will). However, urban dictionary defines "hustlin" as doin whatever you gotta do to get that paper. Does that include hustlin at the expense of loyalty and respect? That seems inconsistant to me.

"Hey sport, good hustle" also works because we see John Cena "hustling" to the ring every week in a full out sprint. This could also be seen in a hiphop context as a "throwback" to the days of the Rockers and the Ultimate Warrior who used to sprint to the ring. However, thugs are usually pretty lazy and have no desire to run anywhere unless being chased.

What do you think?

thedamndest
07-11-2009, 01:59 PM
I would say it has to be the latter. Week-in, week-out, Mr. Cena has clearly demonstrated his desire to put sportsmanship above all else. When you hear the word "hustle" I think you are supposed to have the debate we are having. John Cena's master intent was to bring the word back into the positive light. It's a winning plan.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-11-2009, 02:04 PM
So then that sounds to me like you are for the double entendre option.

However, you did not select the double entendre option.

thedamndest
07-11-2009, 02:06 PM
No. I think John Cena views hustling as a positive thing. But, knowing that others may not, he knew he should make it the very first word in his slogan to highlight the importance of positive hustling.

Xero
07-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Clearly a double entendre.

Volare
07-11-2009, 02:29 PM
A double sided...whatever you call it.

#1-norm-fan
07-11-2009, 03:18 PM
I think it sounds like a word the young people enjoy in their rap music.

DAMN iNATOR
07-11-2009, 11:37 PM
It may be a perverted con game involving gay sex. (Rephrasing of the 3rd option).:shifty:

The Pope
07-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Hustle: sex with mr. mcmahon as cena calls him that's the hustle.
Loyalty: Doesn't cheat with teddy long
Respect: He kisses his ass

Indifferent Clox
07-14-2009, 03:15 AM
i didn't read the third choice because I'm a dumbass.

Indifferent Clox
07-14-2009, 03:17 AM
oh no wait the guy above me.

ministrychick77
07-16-2009, 03:12 PM
double entendre..