PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk

Dave Youell
07-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Last week, for me, he finally became the CM Punk we all knew and loved.

That straight edge promo he did against Jeff was stunning

We are on the verge of greatness people

Xero
07-11-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm psyched for it, but I'm not holding my breath. Any second now something could come up and cut him off.

An IWC Cockblock, if you will.

Dave Youell
07-11-2009, 02:28 PM
The only thing missing was him saying 'better than you'

It was like a love letter to the IWC

Volare
07-11-2009, 02:33 PM
I bet that's comin soon Dave.

Rammsteinmad
07-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Agree! CM Punk has been awesome as a heel, which in my opinion he always played amazingly well, and with Jeff Hardy he has the perfect face to work with, in the ring and out of it.

Xero
07-11-2009, 02:36 PM
If only Van Dam were still around...

Dave Youell
07-11-2009, 02:37 PM
He's not a full heel

Heck, he was practically shooting on Jeff, but acting as a face in all other ways. So far.

A full turn is coming

Dave Youell
07-11-2009, 02:38 PM

Bwhahahaha!

That would be like a 3 year feud, just on the promo's!

Volare
07-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Van Dam 4:20 promo vs CM Punk "Better thank you" promo....oh god!

Splaya
07-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Link

Dave Youell
07-11-2009, 03:50 PM
http://www.themarriedgamers.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/link-zelda-tp.jpg

Exyle
07-11-2009, 04:03 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jrvPet2Ks9E&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jrvPet2Ks9E&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Around 2:30 and on, if anyone hasn't seen it. (As long as the video lasts online)

Nicky Fives
07-11-2009, 04:10 PM
It was a great promo.... I hadn't read the spoilers and was surprised that they directly mentioned Hardy's past (when they only implied it with Punk's "Just say no" last week..... great promo and a great way to get Punk further over as a heel.... the crowd was silent.... hopefully because they were stunned....also a good touch by Hardy not saying anything during the rest of the match....

Chavo Classic
07-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Wow! What a great fucking promo. Note to Vince Russo, this is how you write a worked shoot promo.

Chavo Classic
07-11-2009, 08:29 PM
It was a great promo.... I hadn't read the spoilers and was surprised that they directly mentioned Hardy's past (when they only implied it with Punk's "Just say no" last week..... great promo and a great way to get Punk further over as a heel.... the crowd was silent.... hopefully because they were stunned....also a good touch by Hardy not saying anything during the rest of the match....

Did you miss the day in English class on grammar?.. Not every sentence needs to end like this... Unless you're doing it to be dramatic... In which case, you should at least have something dramatic to say... Unless you're Randy Orton... As he always.... Talks like this...

Londoner
07-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Did you miss the day in English class on grammar?.. Not every sentence needs to end like this... Unless you're doing it to be dramatic... In which case, you should at least have something dramatic to say... Unless you're Randy Orton... As he always.... Talks like this...

lol.....

Anyway, saw his promo on smackdown this week, it seemed to me he had fully turned heel now, especially since he faced khali who is a face, and he cost jeff the match v kane.

Mr. Nerfect
07-11-2009, 10:04 PM
I pretty much creamed my pants, but I'm terrified that the WWE will step wrong with this. CM Punk seems so natural in the role.

Londoner
07-11-2009, 10:07 PM
I don't think they will fuck it up, no need to worry.:shifty:

Chavo Classic
07-11-2009, 10:09 PM
It concerns me that this feud won't go the distance considering Jeff's reported contract issues. Hardy is the perfect antagonist to Punk and an ideal target for Punk's rage and heel turn - if he leaves before the feud gathers momentum, I fear that the full impact of his anti-drug/better than you gimmick might be lost.

Mr. Nerfect
07-11-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm sure if Hardy is on the way out, that they will let CM Punk knock him out of storylines. Whether it is by driving Jeff Hardy back to drugs (in a kayfabe sense), or taking him out with an injury.

DAMN iNATOR
07-11-2009, 10:12 PM

I keep hoping he will stun us all and make a permanent return to WWE, but so far I've only gotten to see him in the Rumble for a couple minutes earlier this year. Which sucks.

DAMN iNATOR
07-11-2009, 10:13 PM
But Sabu is back to working for his family's organization over in Williamston or Webberville or wherever (All World Wrestling League's Big Time Wrestling, run by the Farhat family, some of whom I have met.)

RatedGSuperstar
07-12-2009, 02:20 AM
The last time I was this excited over where a character was headed, WWE crapped all over the Orton/HHH storyline. I'm desperately trying not to get too attached to where this is heading (ideally, Hardy not re-newing his deal, Punk destroying Hardy, leading to massive heel heat and a ton of momentum).

muffalufagus
07-12-2009, 02:45 AM

This post is almost as good as Punk's promo.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-12-2009, 12:46 PM
I' m expecting Punk to win by blatantly cheating at NoC, and giving an interview stating he said he'd give the title back it's prestige, and the way to do that isn't it by giving it to some druggie, and that instead, the belt needs to be on a real role model like him...

Then I see them doing a gimmick rematch at SS, letting Punk go in full heel, and ultimately knocking Hardy out of the storylines

muffalufagus
07-12-2009, 04:29 PM
I' m expecting Punk to win by blatantly cheating at NoC, and giving an interview stating he said he'd give the title back it's prestige, and the way to do that isn't it by giving it to some druggie, and that instead, the belt needs to be on a real role model like him...

Then I see them doing a gimmick rematch at SS, letting Punk go in full heel, and ultimately knocking Hardy out of the storylines

This idea wins.

Mr. Nerfect
07-12-2009, 05:49 PM
I still think a clean roll-up victory for Punk at some stage before the ultimate heel turn would be good. It can be a huge part of the reason that Punk finally decides that being a "good sport" about being booed is not going to fly with him, anymore. Punk proves, at least in his own head, that he's a better competitor than Jeff Hardy, who maintains that Punk's victory over him was a fluke -- with the crowd agreeing with Hardy.

Mantas
07-12-2009, 06:43 PM
I loved Punk's promo it was great and his delivery was amazing as always, but it really made me despise Jeff Hardy I mean would it kill him to show at least a little bit of emotion during a promo like that. Everytime the camera cut to Jeff Hardy he had the same expression of non difference with zero emotion whatsoever, and it really dampened the impact of the promo in my opinion.

St. Jimmy
07-12-2009, 07:48 PM
We are on the cusp of greatness Dave. The cusp.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2009, 02:08 AM
I loved Punk's promo it was great and his delivery was amazing as always, but it really made me despise Jeff Hardy I mean would it kill him to show at least a little bit of emotion during a promo like that. Everytime the camera cut to Jeff Hardy he had the same expression of non difference with zero emotion whatsoever, and it really dampened the impact of the promo in my opinion.

I dunno, man. I kind of like the reaction Jeff had. I doubt Jeff is an expert actor, or anything, but internal reactions feel like they would be the best choice in a situation like that. Jeff has been accusing Punk of bullshit left and right since this feud began, and now Punk is calling Jeff on something that we know is true, so Jeff just tries to soldier through it, and pretend it doesn't phase him.

Juan
07-13-2009, 05:27 AM
I'm watching Smackdown right now. I've been looking forward to this show.

Also, Punk's new shirt is pretty sweet.

Mr. Nerfect
07-13-2009, 05:56 AM
I'm thinking that the WWE could run a CM Punk vs. Edge SmackDown! main event at WrestleMania 26 next year, with Edge returning and winning the 2010 Royal Rumble.

Xero
07-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Yeah, finally saw the promo. Holy shit. I am excited about Punk in WWE now. Took me long enough.