PDA

View Full Version : K I can't wait for TNA defenders to defend this PPV

Gertner
07-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Victory Road had to be the worst PPV since December to Dismember.

1. Having the members of the MEM hold all the belts is ridiculous. lol way to create new stars TNA. Christ, they even took the tag belts off Beer Money INC and put them on Stiener and Booker T. What kind of sense is that?

2. The Knockouts matches were awful. Jenna Morasca should not be in a ring. That match felt like it went on for 15 minutes.

3. Love how Taz got no reaction whatsoever.

4. The Dr. Stevie/Abyss feud is retarded. The match was God awful.

5. Nash beat Styles for the Legend's belt........1) the belt itself is ridiculous.2) even though it's ridiculous taking it off Styles and putting it on Nash would is lucky to put on a decent match at this point of his career is insane. Way to build new stars TNA.

Xero
07-20-2009, 12:44 AM
The Taz thing was so anti-climactic. He walks out to no reaction and stands at ringside. The announcers barely reacted. At the very least I was expecting him to get in the ring and slap on the Katahajame when Sting had the Death Lock on. That was one of the worst debuts I've ever seen.

HeartBreakMan2k
07-20-2009, 12:45 AM
I agree with the idea of putting the titles on MEM mafia being stupid. They should have had the titles when they started this program and slowly started losing them. It would have been the great uprising this angle needs. I know that's what TNA is going to start building towards but too little, too late, and just absolute horrible timing period.

HeartBreakMan2k
07-20-2009, 12:46 AM
The Taz thing was so anti-climactic. He walks out to no reaction and stands at ringside. The announcers barely reacted. At the very least I was expecting him to get in the ring and slap on the Katahajame when Sting had the Death Lock on. That was one of the worst debuts I've ever seen.

If that's all Taz did then that's fucking stupid. Taz should have made a physical impact. Even if he got Joe DQed and just outright blasted Sting with a chair it would have been golden. Then he could go to being Joe's figure head with no physical involvement.

Gertner
07-20-2009, 12:48 AM
I agree with the idea of putting the titles on MEM mafia being stupid. They should have had the titles when they started this program and slowly started losing them. It would have been the great uprising this angle needs. I know that's what TNA is going to start building towards but too little, too late, and just absolute horrible timing period.

It was different when the NWO was running high because you knew Sting would beat them some day and it kept you watching.

In TNA's case the MEM doesn't have that same appeal because just looking at them, they seem unbeatable, and TNA hasn't built up a face like WCW did with Sting to challenge them. You go in watching TNA knowing the MEM will dominate, and any attempt at dethroning them is going to seem unrealistic.

Xero
07-20-2009, 12:49 AM
It's pretty clear they'll have to go with the MEM collapsing within itself, which makes things even worse because then we'll be getting an all-MEM PPV.

Gertner
07-20-2009, 12:53 AM
It's pretty clear they'll have to go with the MEM collapsing within itself, which makes things even worse because then we'll be getting an all-MEM PPV.

Exactly. Having a mega group self destruct isn't compelling television. But TNA has backed themselves into a corner.

They can't make Styles the hero since they've jobbed him out to friggen Kevin Nash.

Foley mowing through the MEM at this point of his career is unrealistic.

Samoa Joe is in the MEM so there goes that.

ministrychick77
07-20-2009, 01:38 AM
yeah, tazz's debut was just blah. didnt really get a pop at all.

the dr stevie thing was jsut strange...

Xero
07-20-2009, 01:45 AM
Do we even have TNA defenders here anymore?

DAMN iNATOR
07-20-2009, 01:55 AM
Could be worse...I mean at least they don't have Sharmell holding the K.O.'s title, and fortunately, although Homicide probably isn't the best choice in the company for them to have hold the X-Division belt, it's better than if, for instance Morgan had joined up with the MEM and then just had it handed to him or some shit.

Other than that, there is jack shit to defend about any facet of TNA.

FourFifty
07-20-2009, 02:12 AM
I do believe that TNA writers believe in what I am calling "The Cake Is A Lie Style Of Writing."

DAMN iNATOR
07-20-2009, 02:15 AM

TNA Mafia Madness -- "It's one offer you'll definitely refuse!"

A7X
07-20-2009, 02:29 AM
A Lashley title shot is coming. Oh how retarded they are.

FourFifty
07-20-2009, 02:44 AM

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!

DAMN iNATOR
07-20-2009, 03:04 AM

Ya know what, this is not even me being cynical or anything. My honest to goodness opinion is that they are trying to claim some sort of huge bragging rights probably by signing Lashley, seeing as how he is still active in MMA, and is now officially signed to TNA. Add to this the fact of his skin color (which, believe me I am not saying it would be right to talk about it at all), but they will probably be like "Hey, TNA fans, did you know we were the first to have a black MMA fighter still active in MMA, sign to a professional wrestling contract at the same time? Or some shit like that.

I dunno if WWE ever made a big deal of the fact that Ron Simmons was the first African-American "World Heavyweight Champion" (see synonym ignored by the WWE at "WCW Champion"), but they sure would have had every right to, I would assume, if they had ever wanted to push him to the moon or something.

But most likely TNA will probably, if they do decide to boast about Lashley, try to make it seem akin to how Robinson broke the Major League's so-called color barrier or some crap. I seriously hope they avoid that like the plague though, and just allow Bobby's talents to develop and shine through naturally, but that's asking a lot from them.

Skippord
07-20-2009, 03:36 AM
Alex Shelley will destroy the MEM somehow

I see it happening

Skippord
07-20-2009, 03:37 AM
calling Christopher Daniels just Daniels pisses me off a lot

PullMyFinger
07-20-2009, 05:20 AM
I don't see whats so bad. Heel groups have to win a good amount of times and hold titles. Makes sense. People give TNA too much of a hard time for no reason. Then again, I'm easily amused by anything, but as far as Raw and ECW go, TNA is more exciting and fun.

St. Jimmy
07-20-2009, 05:44 AM
YEAH IT SUCKED BECAUSE ITS NOT UFC.

kareru
07-20-2009, 05:58 AM
thanks for the spoiler warning

USAUSA1
07-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Why having the top heel group holding all the titles leading towards the biggest ppv of the year stupid? I actually think that was the ONLY smart thing TNA did last night.

NoRoolz
07-20-2009, 07:52 AM
They're doing exactly what a common wrestling aim is - Build up heels to seem unstoppable. Granted, it's been/is a longgg process and it's starting to get stale, but like everyone's said - they seem unstoppable. Surely that can be used as an advantage? If they make the MEM self-destruct then yeah, it'll all have been a bit stupid, but if not - someone (Lashley?) is going to look like a fuckin' bad-ass when they rip into the MEM and bring them down.

And it's weird, it's like frustrating to watch and not all that exciting, but without doubt the MEM will be remembered as a dominating as fuck stable. And they will go down in history. As well as this, people WILL tune in each week in hope that the MEM can be properly challenged and defeated. Each week, they'll be disappointed and think that the MEM looks unstoppable, so when it does get brought down it has massive potential to be huge.

Gertner
07-20-2009, 08:00 AM
thanks for the spoiler warning

when the title says " can't wait for TNA defenders to defend this PPV" what makes you think there wouldn't be spoilers?

Gertner
07-20-2009, 08:01 AM
They're doing exactly what a common wrestling aim is - Build up heels to seem unstoppable. Granted, it's been/is a longgg process and it's starting to get stale, but like everyone's said - they seem unstoppable. Surely that can be used as an advantage? If they make the MEM self-destruct then yeah, it'll all have been a bit stupid, but if not - someone (Lashley?) is going to look like a fuckin' bad-ass when they rip into the MEM and bring them down.

And it's weird, it's like frustrating to watch and not all that exciting, but without doubt the MEM will be remembered as a dominating as fuck stable. And they will go down in history. As well as this, people WILL tune in each week in hope that the MEM can be properly challenged and defeated. Each week, they'll be disappointed and think that the MEM looks unstoppable, so when it does get brought down it has massive potential to be huge.

Yes but TNA is burying EVERYBODY. Anybody who does bring them down has no credibility because they've already been jobbed out to the MEM frequently.

kareru
07-20-2009, 08:03 AM
when the title says " can't wait for TNA defenders to defend this PPV" what makes you think there wouldn't be spoilers?

because usually there is some sort of spoiler warning

i thought he was just going to say something like

' i thought the booking was shit, the best match of the night was love vs sky in that dildo match, overall average ppv'

Dave Youell
07-20-2009, 08:08 AM
My main issue with the PPV was Foley tapping out

NoRoolz
07-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Yes but TNA is burying EVERYBODY. Anybody who does bring them down has no credibility because they've already been jobbed out to the MEM frequently.

I know what you're saying, but I dunno if everyone really looks all that weak because the MEM is just so 'impressive'.

I'd put money on it being Lashley being the one who makes the tables turn and really makes an impact. Culminating in a 5-on-5 for total power or something in TNA. Angle/Booker/Steiner/Joe/Nash (w/Matt Morgan and Taz) V Lashley/Sting/Mick Foley/Jeff Jarrett/AJ Styles.

Ends up with like Angle/Joe against Lashley, who beats both of them. Everything's back to normal, Lashley looks like a g, and then all sorts of spiralling angles develop.

Hanso Amore
07-20-2009, 08:20 AM
They are building the MME to total dominance so that bathturd lashley can come in, wreck the whole group, and be the biggest thing in TNA ever wowzroz. But then he goes back to MMA, and TNA is left with nothing.

Dave Youell
07-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Wait,

Complaining that MEM have all the power is silly, that's the point, it's what got NwO over for so long, where they fucked up on that was not giving the power back at the right time (or in some cases, at all) As long as it's booked correctly, this still has leg

Londoner
07-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Wait,

Complaining that MEM have all the power is silly, that's the point, it's what got NwO over for so long, where they fucked up on that was not giving the power back at the right time (or in some cases, at all) As long as it's booked correctly, this still has leg

Yeah, I kinda find this interesting to see what happens. They will eventually build someone up, whats the point of a stable if they don't look dominant?

Dave Youell
07-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Yeah, I kinda find this interesting to see what happens. They will eventually build someone up, whats the point of a stable if they don't look dominant?

You'd have The Legacy

ZING!

FourFifty
07-20-2009, 10:08 AM
because usually there is some sort of spoiler warning

i thought he was just going to say something like

' i thought the booking was shit, the best match of the night was love vs sky in that dildo match, overall average ppv'

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!

Gertner
07-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Wait,

But what made the NWO so great was that you were waiting with baited breath for Sting to return and destroy the NWO. Every week they would tease you with his return.

In TNA they aren't building anybody up. It's gonna end up with the MEM imploding, which creates no new stars, instead of building somebody up to rise up and beat them.

TNA can't really put all their chips behind Lashley. First of all, can TNA really stake their company in a guy who's wants to be a MMA star and currently competes in it, with the real possibility of getting injured in it? Secondly, Lashley is awful on the mic. He can be booked as Goldberg-esque, because Goldberg came out of nowhere and was a fresh, new face. We've seen Buckwheat for a while and was hardpressed getting over even as a U.S champ. TNA fans won't buy into it.

Gertner
07-20-2009, 11:26 AM

Do you REALLY have faith in TNA properly building somebody up, considering they have the perfect guy to do it already in the MEM (Samoa Joe), and frequently job out Styles to over the hill guys like Nash cleanly? Sting and Foley are old news, Lashley isn't going to cut it, so their going to be left with who? Beer Money INC? Jeff Jarrett? Eric Young?

Dave Youell
07-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Do you REALLY have faith in TNA properly building somebody up, considering they have the perfect guy to do it already in the MEM (Samoa Joe), and frequently job out Styles to over the hill guys like Nash cleanly? Sting and Foley are old news, Lashley isn't going to cut it, so their going to be left with who? Beer Money INC? Jeff Jarrett? Eric Young?

What if,

Joe was getting on the inside only to destroy them? I mean, if I had an advisor who was telling me to kill the Mafia only to join them? It doesn't make all the much sense to me. Also, what's the point of making a big deal out of Taz only to have him as a manager within an already established stable?

So Joe could still be that man.

One thought I had was they could get someone like Suicide to step up as management always seem high on the gimmick, even if the fans don't.

I want it to be AJ, I think most of the fans would want it to be AJ, he has everything to be that top guy in the company, but they keep chopping his legs off. He's proven, has great matches, is now solid on the mic. But because of all his jobbing, I can't see him being that guy

I agree Lashley shouldn't be the one to bring down the Mafia

--

Final solution, Alex Shelly to do something, only because I think he's the fucking man

Gertner
07-20-2009, 11:50 AM
What if,

Joe was getting on the inside only to destroy them? I mean, if I had an advisor who was telling me to kill the Mafia only to join them? It doesn't make all the much sense to me. Also, what's the point of making a big deal out of Taz only to have him as a manager within an already established stable?

So Joe could still be that man.

One thought I had was they could get someone like Suicide to step up as management always seem high on the gimmick, even if the fans don't.

I want it to be AJ, I think most of the fans would want it to be AJ, he has everything to be that top guy in the company, but they keep chopping his legs off. He's proven, has great matches, is now solid on the mic. But because of all his jobbing, I can't see him being that guy

I agree Lashley shouldn't be the one to bring down the Mafia

--

Final solution, Alex Shelly to do something, only because I think he's the fucking man

As much as I LOVE Shelley, nobody will buy a cruiserweight mowing through the likes of Angle, Steiner, Booker T etc....

I'm still holding out hope that Joe will be that man, but the longer that he's with the MEM the less interest there is in the product. There's nobody credible left to challenge them. They've either jobbed out everybody(Styles) or are over the hill (Jarrett, Sting, Foley).

As I previously stated, when NWO was running wild, AT LEAST you had Sting's return to look forward to. What's there really to look forward to in TNA? Taz winning the X Division title?

Skippord
07-20-2009, 11:58 AM
RVD is gonna come save TNA

Londoner
07-20-2009, 12:32 PM

I'm sure something we are not expecting will happen.

Ofcourse though, i Know TNA have the potential to fuck things up completely.

screech
07-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Do we even have TNA defenders here anymore?

I try to be, but I can't come up with anything.

The Pope
07-20-2009, 01:37 PM
i'm not defending TNA but it seems like lashley is going to be a babyface. also if Mr. Anderson goes to Tna it might be what gets to the mafia

The Pope
07-20-2009, 01:41 PM
screech
shelly martinez = ratings - not

I think somone in the MEM will eventually betray them and....... well it's up to the writers then

#1-norm-fan
07-20-2009, 02:15 PM
lol. I'm not an avid TNA follower or anything but I caught a little bit of Impact and saw Kevin Nash basically squash AJ Styles cleanly with one jackknife. AJ Styles IS TNA to me. Again, not an avid fan but when I think who is the franchise of TNA, I think AJ Styles. The guy was pretty huge within the realm of TNA before I even knew who he was really. Seems like that's the guy you want to be your equivalent to Sting or Hogan. I don't think I'm off base here, unless I've missed something.

And then he gets beaten cleanly for a title by Nash at the following PPV. lol. You have to TRY to book a wrestling company this shitty. Just terrible.

TheHaunted
07-20-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm a supporter of TNA, but that ppv was just bad.
it's not like one or two matches were bad.
All of it was just bad.

legendkillerRKO
07-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Beer Money, AJ and Foley will have a battle with MEM... someone will take out Angle and Hernandez will cash in his shot to take the world title from Angle. Then Angle is the only member of MEM without a belt and the group loses respect for him. Thus MEM self destructs because of TNA originals.

Vastardikai
07-20-2009, 02:32 PM
lol. I'm not an avid TNA follower or anything but I caught a little bit of Impact and saw Kevin Nash basically squash AJ Styles cleanly with one jackknife. AJ Styles IS TNA to me. Again, not an avid fan but when I think who is the franchise of TNA, I think AJ Styles. The guy was pretty huge within the realm of TNA before I even knew who he was really. Seems like that's the guy you want to be your equivalent to Sting or Hogan. I don't think I'm off base here, unless I've missed something.

And then he gets beaten cleanly for a title by Nash at the following PPV. lol. You have to TRY to book a wrestling company this shitty. Just terrible.

So I wasn't the only one who thought that.

That whole 6 man match was a raging clusterfuck to me. Ok, Nash beat Styles more or less cleanly. Ok, Steiner more or less beat Storm cleanly. Then Roode has to bust out a low blow to eliminate Nash. Then the interference clusterfuck causing the defeat of Roode. Wow. I came out of it thinking that AJ was a total scrub, and had no faith in him beating Nash. I came out of it thinking that Beer Money, INC. were a couple of scrubs, and had no faith in them. Then, in Sting vs. Angle. Sting waits for 5 years while Joe fumbles with a combination lock.

The Pope
07-20-2009, 02:38 PM
I thing legendkillerRKO may be on to something but don't the Brits have his briefcase?

legendkillerRKO
07-20-2009, 02:43 PM
I thing legendkillerRKO may be on to something but don't the Brits have his briefcase?

No they had homicide's whuich he got back in a ladder match and won the x division title with...Hernandez got beat down by the Brits but they didnt take his case

The Pope
07-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Oh never mind. I think LAX is breaking up soon. Hernandez is probably gonna be the Champ

legendkillerRKO
07-20-2009, 02:46 PM
My only other scenario...Matt Morgan is still not allowed in MEM so he gets fed up and rolls through MEM like a bad ass? lol anybody like any of my 2 scenarios?

The Pope
07-20-2009, 02:50 PM
That's what I was thinking too.
or Maybe Mr. Anderson comes to save the day

The Pope
07-20-2009, 02:56 PM
I like the Matt Morgan One better it would elevate him to main event status quickly.
Then afterwords have Hernandez fight him to have a Big man feud then both would gain from it. at least that's what EWR says

Hanso Amore
07-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Oh never mind. I think LAX is breaking up soon. Hernandez is probably gonna be the Champ

LOL

Yeah, the guy is a mid carder at best right now and he is going to show up and win the world title...come on...I love how you are so sure of it.

legendkillerRKO
07-20-2009, 03:28 PM
LOL

Yeah, the guy is a mid carder at best right now and he is going to show up and win the world title...come on...I love how you are so sure of it.

I love how you forgot that hernandez cashed it in against Sting and should have won before MEM interfeared so foley gave him the case back...so no my friend they already put him over as a main eventer...MEM already screwed him out of his first title so why wudnt he screw them back? :D

Hanso Amore
07-20-2009, 03:31 PM
I love how you forgot that hernandez cashed it in against Sting and should have won before MEM interfeared so foley gave him the case back...so no my friend they already put him over as a main eventer...MEM already screwed him out of his first title so why wudnt he screw them back? :D

That was a one off on a weekly show.

If they bring him back right now, most people will have forgotten, and even more wont give a shit.

You are possibly the only person who could book TNA worse than it already is.

Gertner
07-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Beer Money, AJ and Foley will have a battle with MEM... someone will take out Angle and Hernandez will cash in his shot to take the world title from Angle. Then Angle is the only member of MEM without a belt and the group loses respect for him. Thus MEM self destructs because of TNA originals.

lol hate to tell ya, but Hernandez ain't winning the world title.

legendkillerRKO
07-20-2009, 03:47 PM
That was a one off on a weekly show.

If they bring him back right now, most people will have forgotten, and even more wont give a shit.

You are possibly the only person who could book TNA worse than it already is.

i could see it happening in orlando because LAX is super over there...i dont see it happening in a PPV. Id rather the Matt Morgan idea because he is getting pushed right now

FourFifty
07-20-2009, 03:53 PM
That's what I was thinking too.
or Maybe Mr. Anderson comes to save the day

Hate to tell you this, Doc, but the following people couldn't save TNA.

Kurt Angle
Sting
Kevin Nash
Jesus Christ
Mick Foley
Jeff Hardy
Christian Cage
Taz

In other words, all this talk of people saving TNA.... Well..... The cake is a lie.

legendkillerRKO
07-20-2009, 03:56 PM
TNA is living off the fact that WWE is so bland right now...once this whole MEM nonsense is over TNA wont be that bad

legendkillerRKO
07-20-2009, 03:58 PM
and why is everyone comparing MEM to NWO...until we have a MEM Wolfpack it wont be the same! hahahahaha

screech
07-20-2009, 04:07 PM
screech
shelly martinez = ratings - not

You don't really believe that.

screech
07-20-2009, 04:11 PM
And I think a good way for this angle to be "saved," is to have Matt Morgan rip through them (possibly with AJ, Foley, & Lashley?) because they won't let him join. It would help get at least two young guys over (I don't really count Lashley).

Or Joe will destroy them from the inside and rejoin AJ and the rest of whomever (I only skimmed the rest of the thread so if someone said these already, kudos).

thecc
07-20-2009, 06:26 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/n6cguf.jpg

Juan
07-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Her parents must be proud.

AJHayes
07-21-2009, 10:10 AM
I've not watched the PPV, I'm hoping to find some time to do so. But, I can understand why TNA is having MEM win all the titles. It could be the start of an "implosion" gimmick, or, the beginning of putting the "newer" talents over the old guard.

Hopefully something like that anyway. I may just be wearing rose colored glasses though.