PDA

View Full Version : "Deep Breath"........I'm becoming a huge Mark Henry fan

Gertner
07-21-2009, 02:10 AM
There I said it.

I don't know why, and I don't know when, but Mark Henry is REALLY growing on me.

Xero
07-21-2009, 02:11 AM
Face Mark Henry looks stoned.

Gertner
07-21-2009, 02:13 AM
I mark out huge for the World Strongest Slam.

Juan
07-21-2009, 02:33 AM
It's the theme music...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PdeP4g_KLH4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PdeP4g_KLH4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Dave Youell
07-21-2009, 04:01 AM
He's been good for 2 years IMO

DAMN iNATOR
07-21-2009, 05:01 AM
It's the theme music...

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/PdeP4g_KLH4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999 allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

Maybe it's me but that version sounds slightly slowed down compared to his previous versions.

DaVe
07-21-2009, 05:42 AM
Hm, I think it's just you, that's the exact same version as what I listen to and hear on Raw.

I think it was said in the Raw thread today by Hanso, Henry definitely has the best theme music around. A proper wrestling theme.

And yeah, I've been a Henry fan since he got onto ECW.

Hanso Amore
07-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Hm, I think it's just you, that's the exact same version as what I listen to and hear on Raw.

I think it was said in the Raw thread today by Hanso, Henry definitely has the best theme music around. A proper wrestling theme.

And yeah, I've been a Henry fan since he got onto ECW.

I dont think he has gotten any better, but I think they finally learned his limitations andhave booked around them, and done a good job of booking him for awhile now

abec
07-21-2009, 09:30 AM
He needs dlo brown and i would mark out

Hanso Amore
07-21-2009, 10:52 AM
They need Henry to be the New Meng/Scott Norton.

Dont do alot with him, but have him show up to kick ass at times.

Nothing was better than the days when people would go tell Norton a lie to get him to kick someones ass.

"Scott, Ernesty Miller is talking about your mama!"

"What?"

*Goes to the ring and kicks his ass*

Gertner
07-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Yeah, Norton was fucking bad ass

Hanso Amore
07-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Think about Henry sitting in the back, eating at the buffet, then like Santino Runs over

" World's Most Strongest man, the Miz is a talking about your mama, he says she looks-a like a man!"

*Henry kills the Miz*

What Would Kevin Do?
07-21-2009, 02:25 PM
The counter to Jericho's code breaker was badass.

RGWhat316
07-21-2009, 02:34 PM
I honestly cant believe the crowd reactions he was getting last night, especially at the end. Him getting the entire arena to raise their arms up is something I thought I would never see.

The Pope
07-21-2009, 02:36 PM
There I said it.

I don't know why, and I don't know when, but Mark Henry is REALLY growing on me.

:eek:Maybe he's getting fatter:lol:

#1-norm-fan
07-21-2009, 03:23 PM
I honestly cant believe the crowd reactions he was getting last night, especially at the end. Him getting the entire arena to raise their arms up is something I thought I would never see.

It was better last week. I think the crowd was just hotter but the loud cheering and then dead silence back and forth as he was raising and lowering his arms was great.

#1-norm-fan
07-21-2009, 03:26 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/evCbhJ4VJIA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/evCbhJ4VJIA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Starts at 7:49. Epic. lol

Dorkchop
07-21-2009, 03:26 PM
WWE's been booking him well since he returned from his latest injury. I prefer him as a heel though. He just looks so god damn bad ass. Hopefully he can go longer without injuring someone or himself. It's gotta be pretty damn hard being that large and trying to avoid injuries.

#1-norm-fan
07-21-2009, 03:30 PM
It's been too long since WWE has had a good, fun, badass monster face. It's too typical for him to be a heel. He's a good fit for this surprisingly.

Dorkchop
07-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Since he's so god damn strong he should be the anti bully. Without going overboard on the "you did something wrong to someone and now I'm going to punish you" he should... well basically do that, but in light form. If they ever want him to turn heel he can cut a promo saying helping people gave him nothing in return and from now on he only helps himself. It's pretty lame... I know.

I've heard he's a super nice guy in real life.

#1-norm-fan
07-21-2009, 03:47 PM
No, that's about what they need to do. Just the whole "use his power for good rather than evil" logic. It's not complicated but it doesn't have to be.

Jannettyzilla
07-21-2009, 05:25 PM
It's nice to see WWE letting a face get over and actually interact with the crowd. It's what the top faces (Hogan and Austin) did best. Cena's always tried to hard, and HHH has never even seemed to try. The fact that Henry's pulling it off is a pleasant surprise.

(Then again, playing to the crowd also got the likes of The Godfather, Rikishi, Scotty 2 Hotty, and Al Snow over, and look how far it got them.

Hanso Amore
07-21-2009, 05:37 PM
It's nice to see WWE letting a face get over and actually interact with the crowd. It's what the top faces (Hogan and Austin) did best. Cena's always tried to hard, and HHH has never even seemed to try. The fact that Henry's pulling it off is a pleasant surprise.

(Then again, playing to the crowd also got the likes of The Godfather, Rikishi, Scotty 2 Hotty, and Al Snow over, and look how far it got them.

Are you kidding me, those dudes had better runs than 95 percent of pro wrestlers.

Godfather was a major face during the best era ever. Same for the others. They all got better reactions than cena

#1-norm-fan
07-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Are you kidding me, those dudes had better runs than 95 percent of pro wrestlers.

Godfather was a major face during the best era ever. Same for the others. They all got better reactions than cena

Godfather was only a "major" face reaction-wise. He was never anywhere near where Cena is on the card. I think that's what he's saying.

Jannettyzilla
07-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Godfather was only a "major" face reaction-wise. He was never anywhere near where Cena is on the card. I think that's what he's saying.

Exactly. He's getting over and getting TV time, but the question in my mind is if it will do anything for him in moving up the card.

Plus, who's he gonna feud with? A dethroned Orton? Swagger?

They gotta find a way too keep him involved at the top of the show while he's over.

#1-norm-fan
07-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Title run! Title run! Title run!

Xero
07-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Actually, it would be of a title walk.

Droford
07-22-2009, 05:03 AM
Im surprised they havent neutered the theme music given its PG and all on RAW.

Somebody gonna get their butt kicked!

I could honestly see him getting a title match at a throw away PPV vs Orton.

Optimus Bone 69
07-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Up until his latest draft to Raw ive always thought he sucked, so why now is it i like him just because he lifts his arms and smiles! I'm either starting to like massive black guys or the rest of the roster is just plain shitty balls

Hanso Amore
07-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Up until his latest draft to Raw ive always thought he sucked, so why now is it i like him just because he lifts his arms and smiles! I'm either starting to like massive black guys or the rest of the roster is just plain shitty balls

Are you BDC lite?

Optimus Bone 69
07-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Say what?

Hanso Amore
07-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Say what?

You are a Diet Big Daddy Cool

Mr. Nerfect
07-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Yeah, Mark Henry has been pretty cool. His current face run is refreshing. I think they need to capitalise on it now, though. I think if Henry is allowed to stagnate, he will just end up stuck in a rut like he was with Sexual Chocolate. He's got heat with Legacy right now. Put him and MVP in a feud against them, or something.

Mr. C
07-23-2009, 04:00 PM
I read somewhere that someone thought Mark Henry’s face turn is likely leading to a feud with The Big Show. I honestly would really like to see that feud. It would top anything Kane and The Great Khali are doing on SmackDown right now. However, if Henry can’t pull off those moves on Show, it could get real ugly fast. There was a battle royal at some point where Henry picked up Show, I just can’t remember the specifics of their interaction.

Hanso Amore
07-23-2009, 04:11 PM
If Cena can lift Show, Henry can.