PDA

View Full Version : RAW Celebrity Host

The Jayman
07-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Just want to get everyone's thoughts on the Celebrity host deal on raw.

If you like the idea then tell us who you would like to host. just for fun.

Dorkchop
07-23-2009, 04:33 PM
I think it sucks and makes me want to tune in less due to lack of story progression.

ZZ Top were terrible and didn't even try to make it look like they were playing their instruments.

Volare
07-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Shaq vs Orton I wanna see it!

thedamndest
07-23-2009, 04:35 PM
They didn't have a drummer.

roach21
07-23-2009, 05:04 PM
I think the celebrity presence definitely takes away from the story lines and even cheapens the show a little. It's like they really are trying to be more of an entertainment/ variety show that just happens to feature wrestling.

#1-norm-fan
07-23-2009, 05:07 PM
It's not so much that I like it or hate it....

It's like I said in another thread, the whole reason for it is because the writers seriously are so bad that they do not know what to do as far as making the show itself better with story lines and such.. Therefore the only idea is to have something gimmicky going on at all times and this is it.

If you absolutely can't write a halfway decent wrestling show and are that dead set against finding people that can, then I guess it works. Not clever or anything but Seth Green was very good in the role. ZZ Top on the other hand sucked hard.

AJHayes
07-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Seth Green was done very well. Even in the match, his role was perfect. His offense was easily shaken off and he went down, not to get up, to 1 kick. That's protecting the business.

Edit: This is from Kareru on this post - RAW Celebrity Host 07-23-2009 08:48 PM kareru cock socket

Cool King
07-23-2009, 05:17 PM
I hate it. The sooner Raw gets an actual GM, the better.

The only reason for these guest hosts is so they can blatantly advertise something they're doing or have coming out soon.

To be honest, since last week, Raw has basically become 2 hours of advertisements with some wrestling thrown inbetween.

ClockShot
07-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Vince is gonna keep doing this until we get tired of it. Only to stop it is to stop watching.

Jeremy Piven is gonna be doing the 8/3 Raw in my neck of the woods. Blew my mind he was a wrestling fan.

#1-norm-fan
07-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Piven is doing it next week with Shaq...

ClockShot
07-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Is he?

Gee. Raw is at Mohegan Sun on 8/3. I sure as hell hope they haven't called Tatanka yet. Nobody big is in the area during that time.

mike adamle
07-23-2009, 05:45 PM
He's not guest hosting with Shaq, he's got 8/3.

ministrychick77
07-23-2009, 06:37 PM
i'm getting tired of the guest hosts.

though if i got the offer, i'd take it.

Nicky Fives
07-23-2009, 06:41 PM
unless The Rock, Bret Hart or another big name legend returns to host for a night (not counting Flair, Dusty, Piper, Snuka, Slaughter etc. who fans see once a couple of months) I would rather have a constant GM... it would be easier to further along storylines.

Juan
07-23-2009, 08:10 PM
It's not so much that I like it or hate it....

It's like I said in another thread, the whole reason for it is because the writers seriously are so bad that they do not know what to do as far as making the show itself better with story lines and such.. Therefore the only idea is to have something gimmicky going on at all times and this is it.

If you absolutely can't write a halfway decent wrestling show and are that dead set against finding people that can, then I guess it works. Not clever or anything but Seth Green was very good in the role. ZZ Top on the other hand sucked hard.

This

Triple Naitch
07-23-2009, 10:12 PM
I'd rather have a full time GM.

Triple Naitch
07-23-2009, 10:12 PM
They didn't <s>have a drummer</s> even play their own instruments.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-23-2009, 10:18 PM
The guests hosts have potential, but... It's not working well.

What they need to do down the line is have a "mystery host." Who does so well, they bring him back the next week, at which point, the mystery hosts books himself in a title match, No DQ style.

Long story short, title match, Orton vs. Masked man, Orton nails an RKO, takes off the mask, and it's some nobody, or a random mid-carder. HBK comes out, blasts Orton with sweet chin music, grabs a mic, announces that HBK is the guest host, and then pins Orton to become the world champ.

Now that would be badass booking.

Kane Knight
07-24-2009, 11:50 AM
I think it sucks and makes me want to tune in less due to lack of story progression.

ZZ Top were terrible and didn't even try to make it look like they were playing their instruments.

Are you stupid? Of course they were playing their instruments! And Santino is Amazing.

kareru
07-24-2009, 12:10 PM
i hope megan fox gets to host one week

Stealth-Icon
07-24-2009, 01:26 PM
If they have the right hosts it can be good. Seth Green was a pretty good show, and I am not a big fan of his, but he was good on the show. On the other hand, I like ZZ Top, but thought that they were absolutely horrible on the show.

Not sure what to think about Shaq on it, but I am sure that they will do some dumb gimmick with Cryme Time with him, maybe trying to get his Championship rings to sell or something. They should try to put the Big Show in the rind with him at the same time to see who the "biggest athlete is.

I am looking forward to Piven

NeanderCarl
07-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Jeremy Piven... I don't really understand guys who have been bald yet suddenly insist on walking around with a "full head of hair" like nothing happened. Elton John did it. We know he's bald, because we've seen it. In the UK, same goes for Bruce Forsyth.

Piven was seriously thinning in Seinfeld and The Larry Sanders Show... yet 15 years later he's wandering around with hair. Why bother?

NeanderCarl
07-24-2009, 07:54 PM
I don't mind RAW having a Guest Host each week, as long as we get a bit of fan service with old school wrestling guys on a regular basis to counterbalance the shilling celebs. Not that the celebrity guest host is neccessarily a bad thing either... depends who they use and how they book them. The celebs shouldn't be booked as "bigger" than the show, and they shouldn't wheel out Z-list celebrities for the sake of it.

Mr. C
07-25-2009, 03:00 PM
August 10th, 2009:
Monday Night Raw - Pengrowth Saddledome, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Bret Hart needs to be the Guest Host of RAW and make Shawn Michaels’ night a living hell.

#1-norm-fan
07-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Hold your breath for that

CSL
07-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Jeremy Piven... I don't really understand guys who have been bald yet suddenly insist on walking around with a "full head of hair" like nothing happened. Elton John did it. We know he's bald, because we've seen it. In the UK, same goes for Bruce Forsyth.

Piven was seriously thinning in Seinfeld and The Larry Sanders Show... yet 15 years later he's wandering around with hair. Why bother?

I doubt he'd be Ari Gold if he still had his old hair line

NeanderCarl
07-26-2009, 01:06 AM
What kind of a name is "Ari"??

Maybe I should watch Entourage some time.

Xero
07-26-2009, 09:58 AM
RAW's a fucking nightmare all right.

From PWInsider:

On his twitter account, TNA's Jeremy Borash noted that he ran into actor Robert Englund (best known as Freddy Krueger from the Nightmare on Elm Street films and kind alien Willie in "V") at the San Diego Comic-Con. Borash noted that Englund told him he's been offered a WWE Guest Host gig for an upcoming Raw.

ClockShot
07-26-2009, 10:08 AM
So should I double my caffeine intake on that night?

kareru
07-26-2009, 10:18 AM
RAW's a fucking nightmare all right.

From PWInsider:

On his twitter account, TNA's Jeremy Borash noted that he ran into actor Robert Englund (best known as Freddy Krueger from the Nightmare on Elm Street films and kind alien Willie in "V") at the San Diego Comic-Con. Borash noted that Englund told him he's been offered a WWE Guest Host gig for an upcoming Raw.

freddy krueger kills kids and the wwe crowd if full of them, i cant see how this is not a good idea

What Would Kevin Do?
07-26-2009, 11:25 AM
If they have John Cena FU Freddy Kreuger, I will never watch again.

taker707
07-26-2009, 05:36 PM
I don't mind RAW having a Guest Host each week, as long as we get a bit of fan service with old school wrestling guys on a regular basis to counterbalance the shilling celebs. Not that the celebrity guest host is neccessarily a bad thing either... depends who they use and how they book them. The celebs shouldn't be booked as "bigger" than the show, and they shouldn't wheel out Z-list celebrities for the sake of it.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

In regards to ideas for future guest celebrity hosts of WWE Monday Night Raw, when Hulk Hogan’s name was brought up recently that Vince McMahon shot it down immediately. There is heat between Vince and Hogan, but another reason that Vince didn’t like the idea is that he wants to focus on mainstream celebrities for now. When WWE legends are brought in, they will be used to set up Pay-Per-View matches.

As we reported on Thursday, the storyline in WWE of having a special guest celebrity host of Monday Night Raw each week isn’t expected to end anytime soon.

WWE has been contacted by a number of celebrity fans interested in taking part in the show so expect many celebs who are looking to promote an upcoming film or TV project to get involved.

ministrychick77
07-26-2009, 05:45 PM
if they can have freddy target cena's fans i'll be happy.
though i can't look at him without getting freaked out.

FourFifty
07-27-2009, 12:01 AM
They NEED Rick The Sign Guy.

#1-norm-fan
07-27-2009, 08:05 PM
If they have John Cena FU Freddy Kreuger, I will never watch again.

lol. That would be amazing.

Stealth-Icon
07-28-2009, 03:38 AM
Not sure what to think about Shaq on it, but I am sure that they will do some dumb gimmick with Cryme Time with him, maybe trying to get his Championship rings to sell or something. They should try to put the Big Show in the rind with him at the same time to see who the "biggest athlete is.

OK, so I didn't get all the details right, but all of them involved in the first 5 minutes of the show isn't too bad of a call now.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-28-2009, 03:57 AM
Not going to lie, the Shaq/Big Show stuff may have made up for the absolutely shitty ZZ Top hosting. And I guarantee you ESPN will be showing clips of Shaq and Big Show.