PDA

View Full Version : Booker T Yay or Nay?

Rollermacka
07-24-2009, 06:45 PM
<div><object width="480" height="414"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x708dm_big-t-vs-booker-t_sport&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x708dm_big-t-vs-booker-t_sport&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="414" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x708dm_big-t-vs-booker-t_sport">Big T vs Booker T</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/Maffewgregg">Maffewgregg</a>. - <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/us/channel/sport">Discover the latest sports and extreme videos.</a></i></div>

I realized when I saw the Vladimir Yay or Nay post I realized that I havent done one in a long time so lets start it up with one of the bigger names in wrestling Booker T Yay or Nay? The video shows the feud between Booker and Stevie Ray where Booker T unfortunately had to carry a fat Ahmed Johnson in several matches. I also forgot how much of a lisp Stevie Ray had. This was a good idea, poorly done but it did mark the beginning of Booker T's singles run. He was one of my favorite things out of later WCW, and even today he is one of the better members in the MEM. He just kinda has that entertaining quality from his Booker T and Goldust days, and even the "King Booker" gimmick that was bad, he was still able to pull it off. I gotta give Booker T a Yay, so what do you think Booker T Yay or Nay?

The Jayman
07-24-2009, 07:08 PM
I voted Meh

I was a huge fan of the Book in WCW. After that I really lost interest in him. I did enjoy the whole Booker T/Goldust thing

thedamndest
07-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Booker T has always been a great character and a great worker behind that. It goes without saying he was awesome in WCW. He was horribly misused in the WWE, but he made the most of everything he was given. Yay.

jascol0140
07-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Booker T Sucks Dicks

The Optimist
07-25-2009, 05:35 AM
Yay as hell. One of the best all around wrestlers ever.

Ruien
07-25-2009, 05:56 AM
Only white people who hate black people voted "nay".

Dorkchop
07-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Mega yay. Right now he's a nay, but that's due to TNA's terrible booking and writing.

Krimzon7
07-25-2009, 10:04 PM
YAY NIGGA!

RICK FLAIR I'M COMING FOR YOU NIGGA!

CAN YOU DIG THAT SUCKA!

Jannettyzilla
07-26-2009, 11:20 AM
It was really awesome to see that Booker, who was pretty much the only constant in WCW over the final years, at least got a shot and lasted a while after the sale.

He was pretty much the only thing that kept me watching WCW as it wound down.

Volare
07-26-2009, 01:03 PM
YAY NIGGA!

RICK FLAIR I'M COMING FOR YOU NIGGA!

CAN YOU DIG THAT SUCKA!

Sucka!

ministrychick77
07-26-2009, 05:24 PM
voted nay. never really liked him..

XCaliber
07-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Voted meh cuz he was good as a tag team wrestler but not so much solo.

Rammsteinmad
07-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Hell fucking yay!

One of my top ten of all time, possibly even top five. Booker T is awesome. His in-ring skills diminished slightly when he came into WWE, but overall he was still great to watch in the ring, and hugely entertaining outside of it.

He had there rare quality where he could do anything. Face, heel, comedy, serious, technical, brawling. He knew how to be serious, but wasn't afraid of being made a fool of (which has happened a lot, especially being a king for a year).

Booker T. :y:

Nowhere Man
07-27-2009, 04:29 AM
If we're talking Booker from ten years ago, then absolutely. At the top of his game, he was probably the single most under-appreciated wrestler in the business. Now he's nowhere near the level he used to be. Still, judging by his entire career, then yay.

NoRoolz
07-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Yay.

Not a huge fan but he's still a good wrestler/entertainer.

He's a bit stale now but the guy's like in his mid 40's or something. Booker in 2003 should have been pushed to World Champion level, HHH's glass-ceiling held him down. He could have been huge :-\

dablackguy
07-27-2009, 06:11 PM
He had his moments where he was given crap and did what he could with it

As a wrestler, he evolved from tag wrestler to solid singles wrestler. Let's not forget how athletic he was for a guy his size

Yay for the whole body of work

dablackguy
07-27-2009, 06:11 PM
And for calling hulk hogan a nigga on tv

Mr. JL
07-28-2009, 01:25 AM
I voted 'MEH'

The Pope
07-28-2009, 01:41 AM
Can you dig it SUCKAAAAAA!?

Ironballs
07-28-2009, 11:04 PM
HUGE Yay.

Haven't really seen much of his TNA work, but he was fantastic in WCW and made the best with what he had in WWE. Any average performer would have never recovered after being jobbed out to Boogeyman at Wrestlemania, but Booker went on to become a World Champion.

And I enjoyed the King Booker gimmick, dammit.

TheHaunted
07-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Meh..
He was alright a couple of years ago, but he isn't relevant anymore. He's horrible in the ring now