PDA

View Full Version : WWE SmackDown + Superstars Taping Results

Juan
07-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Dark Match:
* Drew McIntyre b. Slam Master J
- Drew got the win following a double underhook DDT.

SmackDown: (Airing Friday)
* Jim Ross comes out to a huge pop while Todd Grisham receives some heat.

* A replay video package of CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy at Night of Champions is shown.

* The opening pyro hits as the local crowd explodes.

* Jeff Hardy comes out to a massive pop to start the show. He addresses the crowd by saying this is a dream and don't wake him. He thanks everyone who stuck with him and says that CM Punk said some rotten things. Hardy says the only thing he's high on is being your World Champion. He then mentions John Morrison and says he plans to give him a fight because his title reign was too short last time. John Morrison vs. Jeff Hardy is announced as tonight's main event. Cryme Tyme comes out and celebrates with Hardy. As Jeff walks to the back, Cryme Tyme prepares for a match. A replay from last night's Raw is shown.

* Cryme Tyme b. The Hardy Dynasty to face Y2J & Big Show at SummerSlam.
- The winner gets a title shot at SummerSlam. Shad and DH Smith start the match off. The crowd is behind Cryme Tyme. JTG hits a swinging neckbreaker for the win via pinfall. After the match, Big Show and Chris Jericho come out toe major heat. Jericho warns them that things are going down hill. They continue to exchange words back and forth promoting their match at SummerSlam. Finlay & Rey Mysterio vs. Dolph Ziggler & Mike Knox is announced for later.

* Melina & Eve b. Michelle McCool & Layla

* Backstage CM Punk cuts a promo.

* Rey Mysterio & Finlay b. Dolph Ziggler & Mike Knox
- Rey gets the win via pinfall on Ziggler.

* John Morrison cuts a promo backstage.

* The Great Khali vs. Charlie Haas ends in no contest.
- Kane comes out from under the ring. Khali sees him a pursues a chase up the ramp. The match ends in no contest.

* Jeff Hardy b. John Morrison to retain the World Heavyweight Championship
- Morrison is out first. Great back and forth match. Jeff Hardy hits Twist of Fate, a second Swanton and gets the win via pinfall. After the match Punk comes out clapping his hands. He raises Jeff's hand, pretends to cut a promo and then hits Hardy in the head with the mic to end this week's SmackDown.

Juan
07-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Never thought I'd see Jeff Hardy vs. John Morrison for the World Heavyweight Championship. Should be awesome.

Juan
07-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Superstars

Taped on Monday:

*John Morrison defeated Tyson Kidd in a really good match.

*WWE Champion Randy Orton pinned Primo with an RKO. Orton got a babyface reaction from the crowd.

Taped Tuesday:

*William Regal defeated Yoshi Tatsu.

#1-norm-fan
07-29-2009, 03:16 AM
Jericho and Show are great and all and a long title reign seems logical but Cryme Tyme finally winning the tag title would be awesome. Can I hope against hope??

Londoner
07-29-2009, 07:38 AM
Its too early for the titles to switch hands, let someone have a decent run at the tag team titles for once. Then we might be getting more teams.

The Mackem
07-29-2009, 08:06 AM
'Hardy dynasty'

Rammsteinmad
07-29-2009, 08:19 AM
So is Punk a full heel now? (Some people on here have been saying he still hasn't completely turned yet).

Londoner
07-29-2009, 08:30 AM
Punk has been a proper heel for a few weeks now imo, but yes, he 'fully' turned heel.

Theo Dious
07-29-2009, 09:21 AM
So is Punk a full heel now? (Some people on here have been saying he still hasn't completely turned yet).

Some people on here are incredibly stupid.

Mr. Nerfect
07-29-2009, 09:34 AM
He sort of curved into being a heel. He didn't turn, per se. This seems to be the turning point for Punk. The point where bitterness and shame swell up inside him, and cause him to have an illogical hatred for Jeff Hardy. This is where the feud really kicks into gear.

The Jayman
07-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Never thought I'd see Jeff Hardy vs. John Morrison for the World Heavyweight Championship. Should be awesome.

And that is why smackdown is awesome. having the champ defend his title just after winning it against an elite performer like Morrison. I'm hoping at summerslam that it will be hardy/punk/morrison triple threat.

Mr. Nerfect
07-29-2009, 10:17 AM
* Jeff Hardy opening the show is a wise choice. I sort of wish that they had CM Punk come out to congratulate Hardy -- sincerely, but had Hardy rebuke the offer, so that Punk had a reason to really turn, but oh well.

* Cryme Tyme going over The Hart Dynasty makes sense as they are obviously who the WWE wants to challenge Chris Jericho & Big Show at Summerslam. Part of me really wants to see Chris Jericho form a loose allegiance with The Hart Dynasty. But anyway, good for Cryme Tyme, and I've found them both really entertaining on SmackDown!, so hopefully they get places.

* The Women's Title scene needs some help. I really don't think that moving Gail Kim to RAW was the best idea. They should move Beth Phoenix over, as a face, or something. Get Katie Lea Burchill over? I don't know, but the division is just spinning its wheels. Eve and Layla need more work, so this is just a way of running Melina vs. Michelle McCool without actually doing Melina vs. Michelle McCool.

* I kind of get the impression that Dolph Ziggler & Mike Knox could have used a win over Rey Mysterio & Finlay more so than the faces needed to go over. Knox is pretty much just filler right now, and a win here and there could help him remain somewhat relevant for more than his size (which will help him on SmackDown!, regardless of if he wins or loses). But I don't know -- a Ziggler win here would have been nice.

* I love it that Charlie Haas is not only getting booked on SmackDown!, but is getting booked in matches where he doesn't look like a fool. At least he survives with Khali. On RAW, he'd never get that chance.

* Jeff Hardy retaining the World Heavyweight Title in the main event via disqualification would have made sense, but I don't think the clean loss with hurt Morrison any. It just could have had the perfect explanation, with Punk running in and attacking Hardy, causing problems between all three men -- leading straight to Summerslam.

wehavebensavedy2j
07-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Hardy vs Punk vs Morrison in a Triple Threat at Summerslam would have been amazing

Londoner
07-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Hardy vs Punk vs Morrison in a Triple Threat at Summerslam would have been amazing

And what a way that would be to shove raws orton/hhh/cena main event from NOC up their arses.

Cuzziebro
08-01-2009, 02:48 AM
Video of Jeff Hardy vs John Morrison anybody?

#BROKEN Hasney
08-01-2009, 02:55 AM
I've seen Punks beatdown 4 times now, it doesn't get old

Dave Youell
08-01-2009, 03:19 AM
I LOVE the guy who's making the vids for WWE right now, the opening re-cap of the NOC was amazing

thecc
08-01-2009, 10:57 AM
I've seen Punks beatdown 4 times now, it doesn't get oldIt was incredible. Honestly The Morrison/ Hardy match and the Punk turn was some of the best stuff to air in a long time.

Mr. Nerfect
08-01-2009, 11:08 AM
CM Punk's heel turn was absolutely glorious. And yes, this was a turn. Punk went from being a good guy that you just had doubts about, to revealing himself to be a totally self-obsessed asshole after the gold. It worked out so well, and Punk is right at home playing the character.

I think there is more money in the fans paying to see CM Punk get his ass kicked than there is in the fans paying to see CM Punk right now. With other strong faces on the show (Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, The Undertaker, John Morrison, etc.) there is no reason to keep CM Punk as a babyface when he can do so much creatively as a heel. I am glad the WWE didn't hold back on the turn.

Mr. Nerfect
08-01-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm just going to say this: There is no logical reason for him to switch brands, and RAW really fucking needs this guy -- but I would love to see Shawn Michaels surprise everyone by returning to SmackDown!. Thereis just far too much potential in an HBK run on the blue brand, alongside heels like CM Punk and faces like Rey Mysterio and The Undertaker.

Evil Vito
08-01-2009, 11:16 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I wonder if Slam Master J will get a televised match on SmackDown at some point...he's only been seen in the Word Up segments so far but I can see him teaming with Cryme Tyme in a 6 man against Jericho and the Hart Dynasty or something.

He's got the exact same gimmick as Cryme Tyme though so he probably can't do anything BUT be associated with them.</font>

Gertner
08-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Knox is friggen tremendous. Best worker amoung the big men in the wwe

#1-norm-fan
08-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Cryme Tyme won a number one contenders match.

So I guess this means they will be future endevored within the week...

Mr. Nerfect
08-01-2009, 10:47 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I wonder if Slam Master J will get a televised match on SmackDown at some point...he's only been seen in the Word Up segments so far but I can see him teaming with Cryme Tyme in a 6 man against Jericho and the Hart Dynasty or something.

He's got the exact same gimmick as Cryme Tyme though so he probably can't do anything BUT be associated with them.</font>

It hasn't quite been seven years, but following the rule of Cornette, Ray Gordy could use this gimmick to become the top guy in the WWE. :shifty:

I'm truthfully looking forward to Slam Master J getting in the ring. He has been working dark matches under the name, and they seem to be as a face, so he'll likely be a bit of a comedy face, although I doubt he will officially become a member of Cryme Tyme. He'll probably try to join, but is declared as being far too white for the group. I'd love to see a Chris Jericho vs. Slam Master J match to build up for Summerslam, though.

Team Sheep
08-01-2009, 11:42 PM
I'm just going to say this: There is no logical reason for him to switch brands, and RAW really fucking needs this guy -- but I would love to see Shawn Michaels surprise everyone by returning to SmackDown!. Thereis just far too much potential in an HBK run on the blue brand, alongside heels like CM Punk and faces like Rey Mysterio and The Undertaker.

HBK on Smackdown would make me cream myself. Shame it'll never happen though, something about church on Wednesday mornings? :|

Mr. Nerfect
08-02-2009, 12:58 AM
The WWE should just swap the SmackDown! crew (wrestlers, commentators, writers, everything) with the RAW crew, and leave Shawn Michaels on Mondays.