PDA

View Full Version : WWE Belt

Mr. JL
08-03-2009, 03:08 AM
I'm watchign the The Bash right now and the current WWE Championship belt has got to go. It`s horrible looking. Only fit for John Cena, and for anybody else its a pile of garbage. Randy Orton looks ridiculous with it.

LoDownM
08-03-2009, 03:22 AM
He's just keeping it warm for Cena, that's why they don't change it.

Mr. JL
08-03-2009, 03:38 AM
Still, it is a mad ugly belt. A far stretch from the Eagle Belt they used to have. Even the ``Attitude`` Era belt and ``Undisputed`` Belt look way more presitigious. It looks like a kids belt. I can`t take it seriously at all. It`s pretty sad when the ``WCW`` style looking belt looks more like a REAL Championship than the WWE Belt.

St. Jimmy
08-03-2009, 03:56 AM
http://www.midwestwrestling.com/images3/wwfwhite.jpg
Even looked less Lampoonish.

owenbrown
08-03-2009, 04:10 AM
Still, it is a mad ugly belt. A far stretch from the Eagle Belt they used to have. Even the ``Attitude`` Era belt and ``Undisputed`` Belt look way more presitigious. It looks like a kids belt. I can`t take it seriously at all. It`s pretty sad when the ``WCW`` style looking belt looks more like a REAL Championship than the WWE Belt.

PG belt for a PG show [/thread]

Mr. JL
08-03-2009, 04:17 AM
Yeah, but its only a PG show when it`s convenient to say so...

Afterlife
08-03-2009, 04:23 AM
If it doesn't spin, it's not pandering to Cena. So why not stylize it to be not hideous?

St. Jimmy
08-03-2009, 04:30 AM
okay, ANY of these look better than the current. Insane:
http://www.kayfabememories.com/BeltGallery/wwwf-wwf/wwwf-wwfbelts.htm

Afterlife
08-03-2009, 04:32 AM
Well...I wouldn't agree with that....

NoRoolz
08-03-2009, 05:56 AM
lol Tag Team belts in '71.

kareru
08-03-2009, 05:56 AM
http://www.kayfabememories.com/BeltGallery/wwwf-wwf/WWFHVY1.jpg
Heavyweight Belt
circa 1988-1998

that one is awesome

but still, bring back the smoking skull belt

http://www.ioffer.com/img/item/562/955/46/o_Belt-StoneColdA3.jpg

NoRoolz
08-03-2009, 05:58 AM
Yeah the current WWE title is absolutely ridiculous. Can't wait for someone to destroy it, could see someone like Jericho doing it (if he's ever in the title picture again).

Nicky Fives
08-03-2009, 06:05 AM
at least the fucking thing doesn't spin any more.....

kareru
08-03-2009, 06:05 AM
does anyone else think that the 'cena' belt kind of looks like a morpher from the original power rangers?

Cool King
08-03-2009, 06:35 AM
I remember reading somewhere that the reason the WWE Championship looks the way is does is because it's suppose to reflect "Pop Culture" so to speak.

Like it has all it's "Bling" and it's square-ish design to it, so it looks all modern-ish and whatnot and "Champ" on the front of the belt instead of "Championship" and the left side plate previously had "Mon Nite" instead of "Monday Night" on it due to shortening of words and text speak that have grown more popular and more widely accepted in society and all that crap.

But I personally hate the design of the current WWE Championship. I've said it since the design was unveiled but it just looks like 50 Cent threw up on a strap of leather.

But I doubt the design is going to change anytime soon. I think we might have to put up with the current design for about another 5 years or so. Purely guessing.

Skippord
08-03-2009, 06:52 AM
http://www.kayfabememories.com/BeltGallery/wwwf-wwf/wwwfushvy.jpg
best title belt...ever

kareru
08-03-2009, 06:55 AM
do you remember the wwf hardcore title, i always used to worry when the wrestlers would get hit in the face with that, the corners are pretty sharp

NoRoolz
08-03-2009, 07:21 AM
Why would you worry? Thought you'd have liked it?

kareru
08-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Why would you worry? Thought you'd have liked it?

why would i like it?, i dont want anyone eye to pop out

NoRoolz
08-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Too extreme?

Pardeep 619
08-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Little random fact: The current WWE Championship belt has been around longer than the Attitude era style WWE Championship.

kareru
08-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Too extreme?

i'd say so

Theo Dious
08-03-2009, 09:43 AM
He's just keeping it warm for Cena, that's why they don't change it.

I am so sick to fucking death of hearing this. A) Cena is a top man in the company, so of course he will be champion again one day, but more importantly B) He hasn't even worn that belt in almost THREE GOD DAMN YEARS. So shut the bloody hell up about it already.

The Jayman
08-03-2009, 10:50 AM
bring back the "Rated R" belt

Xero
08-03-2009, 12:17 PM
The belt sucks. It's fine for Cena, but almost anyone else it just doesn't work. It only looks good on one person other than Cena.

Hi MC. :wave:

Sixx
08-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Aww, fuck the belt. Let'em roll with smiley-face stickers and diplommas.

DAMN iNATOR
08-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Anybody remember THIS eyesore?:
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/WrestlingCentral/Belt-WWERatedR2.jpg
And I think that was back in the days when the centerpiece still spun, too. UGH! :n::n: to that design.

Xero
08-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Aww, fuck the belt. Let'em roll with smiley-face stickers and diplommas.

I call first ever shifty champion!

===0==:shifty:==0===

LoDownM
08-03-2009, 01:13 PM
I am so sick to fucking death of hearing this. A) Cena is a top man in the company, so of course he will be champion again one day, but more importantly B) He hasn't even worn that belt in almost THREE GOD DAMN YEARS. So shut the bloody hell up about it already.

Spaz.

Xero
08-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Anybody remember THIS eyesore?:
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/WrestlingCentral/Belt-WWERatedR2.jpg
And I think that was back in the days when the centerpiece still spun, too. UGH! :n::n: to that design.

At least it was customized. If they did that for all the title holders they would not only make more sense but they'd sell a shit load more merch, too. Really don't understand why they haven't really. It can't be harder than modifying the belt itself so it's easily interchangeable with plates. I'm assuming that the Rated R belt was a separate belt.

DAMN iNATOR
08-03-2009, 04:53 PM
At least it was customized. If they did that for all the title holders they would not only make more sense but they'd sell a shit load more merch, too. Really don't understand why they haven't really. It can't be harder than modifying the belt itself so it's easily interchangeable with plates. I'm assuming that the Rated R belt was a separate belt.

Well, I'm assuming that what you mean by a "separate belt" you mean a different centerpiece for the existing spinner belt in use, did I get that right?

But I kind of disagree with the fact of having a different, customized belt for each new champion that comes along, especially with how quickly the main belts have been changing recently...A.) You'd have to think of a design that conveys the person's persona to a "T", and B.) Doing such for every new superstar, I can only imagine, would cost a shitload of money, that I'm not sure Vince's cheap self would be willing to shell out every 3 weeks or 2 months or whatever.

Xero
08-03-2009, 05:17 PM
No, I meant I'm assuming they made a completely new belt instead of switching out the center plate.

Every wrestler at the top level has a logo. There you go. And yeah, it would cost a shitload, but they'd also be able to sell every design they make. At the very least all faces should get a custom center piece.

Anybody Thrilla
08-03-2009, 06:01 PM
I think a unique belt for each champion would be sweet as shit. It's entirely ridiculous that everybody's wearing Cena's flare.

James Steele
08-03-2009, 06:58 PM
The Rated R belt fit Edge's character though.

Anybody Thrilla
08-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Yeah DAMN iNATOR, what the fuck is wrong with you, you fucking prick???

Mr. Nerfect
08-04-2009, 10:20 AM
This thread is making me pretty sad. Facts like the current design being around for like four years, and Cena not having held it for two are depressing. Well, I'd rather not see Cena with the title, but it makes me feel a little old.

I'd love to see a new design for the WWE Championship. I think WrestleMania XXV would have been a great place to debut it. Why not Summerslam now?

The Jayman
08-04-2009, 01:06 PM
This thread is making me pretty sad. Facts like the current design being around for like four years, and Cena not having held it for two are depressing. Well, I'd rather not see Cena with the title, but it makes me feel a little old.

I'd love to see a new design for the WWE Championship. I think WrestleMania XXV would have been a great place to debut it. Why not Summerslam now?

After Orton drops Cena at Summerslam he comes out on Raw the next night and debuts and new belt

XCaliber
08-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Think they're afraid that if it were a heel escpecially were to somehow banish it they would make them even more over with the non kiddie Cena fans. Personally i'd like to see the previous belt simply replace it again and pretend the Spinner belt never existed quite frankly. Jeff Hardy was probably the only other person than Cena that looked right with it for some reason and even then it was a stretch.

The Jayman
08-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Just like the US Title spinner belt. gone and forgotten

DAMN iNATOR
08-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Just like the US Title spinner belt. gone and forgotten

Yeah, see, now that design I actually liked, as I believe it was fitting for Cena...I understand how some people will say Edge's Rated R Championship was fitting for him as well, but I just thought they didn't really put a whole ton of originality into the centerpiece design. I mean, yeah, granted they didn't do that with Cena's custom U.S. belt design either, but I would probably have kept it around, just scrub the "Word Life" from the design, and it would be awesome looking.

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/WrestlingCentral/Belt_Cena_US.JPG
I mean look at it...it seriously puts the classic WWE U.S. Championship desing to shame with all the (can't tell if it's real or fake, but whatever) bling, and the centerpiece design with the U.S. Flags on either side...I don't know about anyone else, but to me that right there just SCREAMS "pizzazz".:cool:

parkmania
08-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Whatever happened to the rumor a year or so ago that the WWE was doing away with nameplates on the belts? We've had enough title changes since that was out that they easily could have done a redesign on all the belts by now.

Londoner
08-05-2009, 11:09 AM
I just wish they would go back to how it was in the attitude era. It would bring back a good feeling especially to raw i think.

Evolution
08-05-2009, 08:33 PM
So, if they did away with the Cena belt, would you have a brand new belt, bring back the old undisputed belt, Attitude era belt or eagle belt a la Bret and Shawn?

Personally, I never liked the look of the undisputed belt. Prefer to see the Attitude era belt back. It would just fit, especially if Triple H were to win it again.

Londoner
08-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Bring back the attitude era belt, it actually means something and has proper hsitory attached to it. You start killing titles when you create new ones all the time imo, kills the history/meaning.

Mr. Nerfect
08-06-2009, 07:37 AM
I would like to see a new WWE Title, if they could do it properly. I like the eagle as a symbol for the title. It should be featured somewhere. Perhaps give it blockish-shape to represent the Undisputed Title and the current WWE Championship belt. And for the love of God, please put "WWE World Heavyweight Wrestling Champion" on it. Like the good ol' days.

Mr. Nerfect
08-06-2009, 07:38 AM
And I have to say, I don't really mind the pure design of John Cena's US Title. The jewels themselves don't annoy me, it's just that the belt used to spin. Something like the WCW United States Title belt would be awesome, though.

I wouldn't be opposed to the WWE introducing a series of new title belts for all their championships at Summerslam, or something, just to freshen things up. Most of the titles could use a little work, anyway.

AJHayes
08-06-2009, 11:14 AM
I think that the WWE title shouldn't look like something that you buy from a stand at a carnival. It looks like a piece of "Fake Bling that a carney who forgot what soap is sold to me.)

It should never be something that is a passing fad. The title should be something that can withstand the test of time and maintain its prestige.

Londoner
08-06-2009, 11:19 AM
I think that the WWE title shouldn't look like something that you buy from a stand at a carnival. It looks like a piece of "Fake Bling that a carney who forgot what soap is sold to me.)

It should never be something that is a passing fad. The title should be something that can withstand the test of time and maintain its prestige.

But it fits the product when they're blatantly trying to make raw look like a circus...

RatedGSuperstar
08-06-2009, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to the WWE introducing a series of new title belts for all their championships at Summerslam, or something, just to freshen things up. Most of the titles could use a little work, anyway.

Even though we're past the point in the WWE calendar to do it this year, something like that could work for the Night of Champions PPV. Keep the current designs until next year's event, and have some kind of tacky ceremony where the current champions bring in their belts and "trade" them for the new designs.

Alternatively, you could change some designs in time for Royal Rumble 2010. New decade, new design. Maybe we can actually get an "undisputed tag champs" belt for Christmas.

Theo Dious
08-07-2009, 10:55 AM

I doubt they would change the ECW or Divas titles, they're too new. I'd like to see a new IC title design reminiscent of the classic 80s/early 90s design. The US title is fine, but we could use a single, new design for the tag titles. I think they're probably holding off on that though until they decide if they're going to keep the "one set of tag champs" concept. I think both the WWE and WHC belts could use redesigning, but the WWE belt has been discussed enough in this thread, and I don't see them changing the WHC belt, which is odd seeing as how they don't seem to give a rat's ass about it's historical connections.

Theo Dious
08-07-2009, 10:56 AM
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/WrestlingCentral/Belt_Cena_US.JPG

I never minded this belt at all, the only thing tha ever struck me about it was how much it looks more like a boxing belt than a wrestling belt.

Theo Dious
08-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Even though we're past the point in the WWE calendar to do it this year, something like that could work for the Night of Champions PPV. Keep the current designs until next year's event, and have some kind of tacky ceremony where the current champions bring in their belts and "trade" them for the new designs.

Given their current attitude towards PPVs, I wouldn't be surprised if they have an all ladder match PPV and do it then...