PDA

View Full Version : Drew McIntyre is coming...

Mr. Nerfect
08-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Here is a leaked video of Drew McIntyre's alleged titantron. Don't know if this has actually happened before. Anyway, feel free to also make this a discussion about Drew McIntyre as a talent.

<embed src="http://www.hellnahman.com/nvplayer.swf?config=http://www.hellnahman.com/nuevo/econfig.php?key=c99f0e662c9177946c62" width="480" height="370" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></embed>

It definitely gives the impression that he will be going to ECW.

Tazz Dan
08-09-2009, 08:12 AM
That video is up there with the one of Braden Walker. :y:

Tazz Dan
08-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Although, that is his alleged titan tron though I guess. VERY repetitive.

Pardeep 619
08-09-2009, 09:00 AM
All titantrons are repetitive

Mr. Nerfect
08-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Although, that is his alleged titan tron though I guess. VERY repetitive.

Considering they've only really taken it from dark matches, I think it is expected to be a little...crappy. :P

I think the most exciting thing about it is that they don't seem to be going with the obvious "I'm Scottish!" character that he had last time. Good for him. My perfect envisionment for how they could bring Drew McIntyre in is to place him on SmackDown! and pass him off as someone trained by The Blue Bloods (Regal, Finlay and Dave Taylor). This is stretching kayfabe a little bit, but when he debuted with the WWE in 2007 (at only 22 years of age...yikes), he was linked as being a protoge to Taylor.

With that, play up a fictional past with Finlay and CM Punk (who also has a loose connection with The Blue Bloods). Basically, have him squash someone like Jimmy Wang Yang, and then have him bump into CM Punk backstage, and imply that they trained together at one point. It gives McIntyre a big rub as a heel, and it sets him up as a potential lackey for Punk when shit hits the fan for him.

The guy sort of reminds me of a bigger Brian Kendrick, visually, and he has a finisher that he calls "Thee Move." I wouldn't mind it if they took the "The Brian Kendrick" character that was so awesome, tweaked it slightly for McIntyre, and gave him that attitude and made him a credible mid-card heel.

Afterlife
08-09-2009, 10:06 AM
I"ve been waiting for Drew's return since his disappeared. I"m excited.

Nicky Fives
08-09-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm starting to wonder if WWE is going to copy TNA with a British stable (Regal/Burchills/McIntyre).... could definately work.... Burchill/Drew could be the young tag team with the wise veteran Regal in their corner, with Regal challenging for a ME spot with Christian/Dreamer/Shelton, etc.

Droford
08-09-2009, 08:13 PM
I saw him at a house show a couple weeks ago vs Jimmy Yang in the opener. He came out to boos and said something like "I've never seen a group of more prejudiced people before in my life, you boo me and you have no idea even who I am, you've never seen me before!" in his scottish accent and it got him some mega heat early on and got Yang way over..it was pretty crazy really. He was pretty decent in the ring and ended up winning..

Mr. Nerfect
08-10-2009, 05:21 AM
I saw him at a house show a couple weeks ago vs Jimmy Yang in the opener. He came out to boos and said something like "I've never seen a group of more prejudiced people before in my life, you boo me and you have no idea even who I am, you've never seen me before!" in his scottish accent and it got him some mega heat early on and got Yang way over..it was pretty crazy really. He was pretty decent in the ring and ended up winning..

Yeah, I've read about him doing that. There was also a heel shtick he worked where he played up his good looks, and talked about how he has to choose which clubs to go to, or something. Weird.

I like the idea of him coming out, and then just calling the fans out on booing him for no reason.