PDA

View Full Version : WWE SmackDown Taping Results (08/14) *Spoilers*

Juan
08-12-2009, 12:16 AM
SmackDown (Airing Friday night on MyNetworkTV):
* SmackDown opens with the pyros going off. Big Show vs. Shad is on the card. They show a recap of Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk from last week.

* CM Punk comes out for a promo. He shoots on Jeff Hardy before Theodore Long is able to come out and interrupt. CM Punk vs. John Morrison is announced.

* Jeff Hardy's music hits and he comes to the ring. Hardy sells the entire time at ringside and can barely left the title before leaving.

* Dolph Ziggler b. Finlay. Mike Knox comes out and interferes and hits Finlay with his shelleigh. After the match, Knox beats down Finlay.

* Kane has Ranjin Singh held captive backstage. He does a 24-style hostage video.

* They do a Maria/Melina promo. It is announced Michelle McCool will return to SmackDown next week.

* CM Punk b. John Morrison via pinfall.

* Melina b. Layla

* Cryme Tyme comes out for an in-ring promo. Huge chants for Chris Jericho.

* Big Show w/Chris Jericho b. JTG w/Shad

* The Great Khali is shown saving Ranjin Singh from Kane. Kane attacks him with a lead pipe.

* Jeff Hardy vs. DH Smith & Tyson Kidd w/Natalya. The Hart Dynasty gets the biggest pop of the night.

* Tyson Kidd & DH Smith w/Natalya b. Jeff Hardy when Tyson Kidd pins Hardy after a springboard clothesline. I'm told there was a massive pop for The Hart Dynasty. CM Punk comes out as does John Morrison. Morrison cleans house as Matt Hardy comes out and takes out CM Punk. Matt picks up Jeff as the Hardys celebrate with John Morrison to end the show.

Juan
08-12-2009, 12:16 AM
So I guess Matt is face now.

Evil Vito
08-12-2009, 12:28 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Not happy about Matt going face again at all...but if Jeff does indeed leave he'll be right in the hunt at least. Matt's never gonna be heel though, 2 failed attempts at it.</font>

Splaya
08-12-2009, 12:35 AM
They could go either way with this.

A) Have Matt Hardy end up costing Jeff again at SummerSlam.

B) Jeff loses at Summerslam but Matt enters into a feud with CM Punk as soon as he is full time again.

Juan
08-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Can't wait to hear the Hart Dynasty pop.

thedamndest
08-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Isn't Matt on Raw? I guess you can do whatever the fuck when you're injured.

Juan
08-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Isn't Matt on Raw? I guess you can do whatever the fuck when you're injured.

Nah, he got traded to Smackdown during that whole Donal Trump fiasco.

RGWhat316
08-12-2009, 12:48 AM

If it doesnt get edited by Friday.

thedamndest
08-12-2009, 12:49 AM
I do not remember that trade at all.

Juan
08-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Raw got:
Gail Kim
Alicia Fox
Jack Swagger
Evan Bourne
Mark Henry

SmackDown got:
Matt Hardy
Finlay
The Hart Dynasty

ECW got:
Shelton Benjamin
Goldust
William Regal
Brie & Nikki Bella

thedamndest
08-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Oh. I do remember that. I guess I just forgot Matt was a part of it.

Verbose Minch
08-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Just got back from the taping.

CM Punk and Morrison was a tremendous match, as was the pop for the Dynasty.

Mr. Nerfect
08-12-2009, 02:18 AM
Hopefully this convinces the WWE to do Shawn Michaels vs. David Hart Smith in Montreal. :y: Okay, they won't do that, but still.

Sounds like a really good show. The main event is a Handicap Match that sort of makes sense. Jeff Hardy is a three-time World Champion and like a seven-time Tag Team Champion. The Hart Dynasty got the win, so they look good, but Hardy has no reason to be ashamed by losing.

I predicted Big Show vs. Shad Gaspard and Dolph Ziggler vs. Finlay after last week's SmackDown!. That's what I love about the blue brand -- it actually follows a logical thread sometimes.

CM Punk and John Morrison will no doubt have another great match.

Dave Youell
08-12-2009, 02:59 AM
Again, sounds like another solid show, for what? The 30th week in a row now?

Good work freebird!

Verbose Minch
08-12-2009, 04:52 AM
Oh, and make sure you watch the brawl at the end. It's really good.

Nicky Fives
08-12-2009, 06:00 AM

Mr. Nerfect
08-12-2009, 08:35 AM
If it doesnt get edited by Friday.

I don't think they will edit it, actually. They didn't pipe in stupid cheers of Slam Master J last week, and Todd Grisham just made a remark about SMJ still working on connecting with the WWE fans.

My guess is that The Hart Dynasty get cheered huge, and JR and Grish just pass it off as Canada being proud of its heroes.

wehavebensavedy2j
08-12-2009, 11:10 AM
now this just makes sense but maybe in the next 2 weeks we will see the hardys and morrison vs cm punk and the hart dynasty... not sure when matt will be ready to come back full time

Mr. Nerfect
08-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Matt should be nowhere near cleared to wrestle. The six-man proposed does make ideal sense, though.

Londoner
08-12-2009, 12:49 PM
So matt is a face after all, wtf? Sounds a good show.

RGWhat316
08-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Unless something big happens on our show, I'm going to RAW at the end of the month in Detroit. But with the way SD keeps being solid every week, so far I wish we had that instead.

Verbose Minch
08-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Matt should be nowhere near cleared to wrestle. The six-man proposed does make ideal sense, though.

He just got cleared to start training.

Volare
08-13-2009, 09:00 AM

Yeah, I was all WTF about it too.

Mr. Nerfect
08-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Am I the only one who sort of think that Matt Hardy's face turn makes sense? I mean, I did love Mattitude, and he played his part well against Jeff, but besides that, heel Matt Hardy is just a bad idea. Especially when he has such a natural connection to crowds. They really want to cheer Matt, so why not let them? Especially when Hardy merchandise can continue to fly off the shelf through him.

The only downside is that SmackDown! needs heels, but if the plan is to have CM Punk at the top, then you kind of need top faces to battle against him.

DAMN iNATOR
08-14-2009, 02:13 PM

Great. Leave it to WWE Logic to ruin a good thing...just hope that Matt can get over enough as a face to win at least one of the "big ones" (WWE or World Championships) by the end of his career whenever that may come. I honestly felt like they could have built something tremendous off his heel run and would have been interested to see what would have gone down. But I guess we'll just have to see how things play out with face Matthew Moore Hardy for now...*SIGH*

DAMN iNATOR
08-14-2009, 02:15 PM
They could go either way with this.

A) Have Matt Hardy end up costing Jeff again at SummerSlam.

B) Jeff loses at Summerslam but Matt enters into a feud with CM Punk as soon as he is full time again.

Actually, Splaya, no offense here, but I feel like that is a 2-step plan and that both of those events will occur in pretty rapid succession...