PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hardy is officially a face now

GD
08-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Matt Hardy posted the following blog on the WWE Universe website this morning:

There's much more to this story than you'll ever know.. for now. I know several people are doubting my sincerity, and some people are ecstatic that Jeff and I seem to be back on good terms. I know I have a lot of explaining and convincing to do in the very near future. And I will be happy to open up and tell everyone the "REAL" story behind our sibling rivalry. The last year of my life is movie-worthy. Buckle up and get ready for the ride, because as of yesterday, The Hardys are back in business!

Matt Hardy

I really hope he enters the Heavyweight title scenario.

<object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fB_zvQYRYIs&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fB_zvQYRYIs&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>

The Show Off
08-15-2009, 02:51 PM
I really hope he enters the Heavyweight title scenario.

Seems like a big swerve is in the making.

CSL
08-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Jeff Hardy - Completely out of his tree

Pardeep 619
08-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Yeah I'm not totally convinced by this yet. Makes no sense to suddenly have Matt Hardy turn face (of course Smackdown is lacking in the faces department but still)

Anybody Thrilla
08-15-2009, 02:58 PM
BOOOOOO

screech
08-15-2009, 02:59 PM
lame

GD
08-15-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm actually happy that he is a face now. He will get a fair chance in this PG environment. Cheers!
http://nodq.com/images/mattedge.jpg

Londoner
08-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Can't see Matt being face for long, am sure he'll turn against jeff soon.

Droford
08-15-2009, 04:04 PM
They have to stay together until Edge comes back so we can have Hardys vs E&C at least once more.

Londoner
08-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Christian wont be joining edge anytiome soon, not until next years draft atleast. And that match wouldn't be as great anymore.

GD
08-15-2009, 05:23 PM
I guess they can totally challenge the Tag Team Champs since there is no brand restriction for the Tag Team Division. I would mark the fuck out if they came out to their old "You think you know me" theme.

Gertner
08-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Ugh, Matt winning the world championship would be awful.

#1-norm-fan
08-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Ugh, Matt winning the world championship would be awful.

Proper booking can easily make it work. If they were to book him like they were booking him around the time of the amazing MVP feud over the US Title where he would just come out every week on Smackdown and constantly get W's in the match of the night, kinda what Morrison does now, it could work.

Gertner
08-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Don't get me wrong. Matt's good, but he's not world championship material.

#1-norm-fan
08-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Do you mean skill-wise or look/realistic-wise?

Like... Great Khali "not world championship material" or Rey Mysterio "not world championship material"?

Gertner
08-15-2009, 05:50 PM
lol nobody said Khali was a good choice for the world championship and I doubt Rey will ever get a 2nd reign. Matt's just not that interesting. Solid performer, but Matt as world champ I don't think would make people want to watch. He's always been looked at as "Jeff's less exciting brother".

XCaliber
08-15-2009, 06:27 PM
I've never felt Matt was really that good and quite frankly he is even more terrible than Jeff on the mic on top of that he comes accross way to phony. Heck was shocked that he even became ECW champion as I think the only time he was actually a little entertaining was when he was V1 around the time he was feuding with Rey. I'm sure this whole thing is a swerve and he will end up laughing in Jeff's face when he screws him over at Summerslam cuz we all know he wants Jeff for himself.

#1-norm-fan
08-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Matt during the MVP feud was a million times more entertaining and fun to watch promo-wise than Jeff has ever been.

#1-norm-fan
08-15-2009, 07:31 PM
lol nobody said Khali was a good choice for the world championship and I doubt Rey will ever get a 2nd reign. Matt's just not that interesting. Solid performer, but Matt as world champ I don't think would make people want to watch. He's always been looked at as "Jeff's less exciting brother".

I feel like Matt as world champ (Again, assuming he is booked correctly) would have a nice old school face as champ feel to it.

Gertner
08-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Matt during the MVP feud was a million times more entertaining and fun to watch promo-wise than Jeff has ever been.

To the IWC yes, but to the 8 year old kids in the audience, I doubt it.

#1-norm-fan
08-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Meh. It's not like the 8-year olds just HATE Matt or anything.

Indifferent Clox
08-15-2009, 10:06 PM
No one is worse than jeff hardy on the mic.

Seriously. Did you see that video? it reminds me of me when I was like 12 trying to record myself

Indifferent Clox
08-15-2009, 10:06 PM
I love jeff hardy, just saying the man has no promo skills,

kareru
08-15-2009, 10:59 PM
I love jeff hardy, just saying the man has no promo skills,

are you saying that jeff haRDY HAS no proMO SKILLS

Verbose Minch
08-15-2009, 11:11 PM
To the IWC yes, but to the 8 year old kids in the audience, I doubt it.

Really, is that why he was getting the biggest, or close to the biggest pop of the night consistantly against MVP?

Mr. Nerfect
08-16-2009, 01:35 AM
I'm glad Matt Hardy is a face again. He can play a heel character well, but he got so run off the rails on RAW. He should have moved up to the main event after WrestleMania, but instead they put him in the US Title scene, despite Hardy already having won the US Title and ECW Championship before. Why was the dude afraid to ask for more? Especially as a heel.

Michael Hayes loves The Hardys, so Matt is more likely to be booked to his optimum use on SmackDown! (as every talent seems to). With Jeff likely leaving the company, the WWE is wise to turn Matt face, and really keep the "Hardy Party" going -- if just for merchandise sales. Matthew Moore has a great connection to the crowds, either as a face or a heel, but the only reason he really turned heel was to feud with Jeff, and because he had no where to really serve as a face. Now it looks like he may get a main event face run, which is really cool for a man I've always considered the better Hardy brother.

What intrigues me about The Hardys, is the way they seem to jockey for "most valuable" position. Jeff Hardy was the more insane one, and then became more over. Then Matt won the European Title and hooked up with Lita, and it seemed the spotlight was more on him. Then Jeff defeated Triple H for the IC Championship and then there was the brand split, where Jeff got to challenge The Undertaker for the Undisputed Title in that Ladder Match. Then there was Mattitude and Jeff left the company. Then Jeff came back and Edge slept with Lita and Matt was fired. Then Matt came back as the most over thing ever that the WWE never capitalised on. Then Jeff started his upwards momentum and won the WWE Championship. Then Matt turned heel and Jeff won the World Heavyweight Title two times. Now Matt is back as a face, and Jeff is leaving the company.

That paragraph is sort of a mess, and I can't be fucked making things more clear, but I've found myself often saying "Wow, Jeff is so far ahead of Matt right now in storylines," and then Matt will do something that makes me care about him more (like saving Jeff's ass on SmackDown! and looking like a beast). Then I wonder "How will Jeff catch up to Matt?" and he goes and wins a World Championship or something.

I've learned you can't count either Hardy out. I also think that turning Matt heel on Jeff again would be a mistake. Ride this face run out, and sell some Hardy merchandise after Jeffrey leaves. CM Punk is plenty heel enough for SmackDown! right now, and Chris Jericho is always there. Plus Dolph Ziggler and The Hart Dynasty are flirting with the main event scene. And there's Mike Knox and Kane, who are both doing some good work now.

If they want to turn someone heel, I'd consider Finlay or R-Truth before Matt Hardy.

Mr. Nerfect
08-16-2009, 01:53 AM
I'm hoping that The Hart Dynasty face John Morrison & Matt Hardy at Summerslam. It would be thrown together, but the crowd would be into Morrison & Matt, and the match itself would be pretty fucking good.

Not Booked
08-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Obvious booking 101:

The hardy boys reunite, E&C reunite.

Great tag team actions happens for a period of time with the aformentioned teams, jericho/big show and the hart dynasty (getting them over)

Jeff turns heel, hardys break up, jeff leaves the company leaving matt a face.

Feud between matt/edge/christian/jericho for WHC.

easy? :cool:

Mr. Nerfect
08-16-2009, 11:36 AM
I am still hoping for Edge & Christian defending the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship against The Hardys at WrestleMania 26, even if Jeff is only back for the occasion. Add that to a possible card of the following:

World Heavyweight Championship
CM Punk vs. John Cena

WWE Championship
Randy Orton vs. Batista

Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels

The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho

Scramble Match for the ECW Championship
William Regal vs. Tommy Dreamer vs. The Hurricane vs. Vladimir Kozlov vs. Goldust

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Big Show vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. John Morrison vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Zack Ryder vs. Mike Knox vs. Evan Bourne

There you have a pretty shapely WrestleMania card. And while I wouldn't be the biggest fan of some of the matches, that's probably a sign that it is fairly realistic.

Gertner
08-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Really, is that why he was getting the biggest, or close to the biggest pop of the night consistantly against MVP?

Hornswoggle gets a huge pop. Should he be world champ?

Mr. Nerfect
08-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Hornswoggle gets a huge pop. Should he be world champ?

Are you honestly comparing Hornswoggle to Matt Hardy? :p

Gertner
08-16-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm just saying, Matt is just not that interesting. I'll make this comparison. In terms of the appeal and popularity Matt Hardy is the Owen Hart to Jeff Hardy's Bret Hart. Owen was a very solid wrestler and pretty popular, but never world champ popularity. Matt would be a terrible choice as world champ.

#1-norm-fan
08-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Agree to disagree.

As a heel during the V.1 era and as a face during the MVP feud, Matt entertained me like crazy. He was getting some good heat during both times too.

DAMN iNATOR
08-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Matt is definitely going to swerve Jeff out of the title come next Sunday at SummerSlam.

#1-norm-fan
08-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Matt is definitely going to swerve Jeff out of the title come next Sunday at SummerSlam.

I'm thinking the same thing.

WWE has a way of not doing things lately just because it seems so obvious though. I don't know.

DAMN iNATOR
08-16-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm thinking the same thing.

WWE has a way of not doing things lately just because it seems so obvious though. I don't know.

Well, I mean, how many face guys do you see making saves 2 weeks in a row and showing zero expression? Matt had kind of a weary / hidden angered look on his face when he made the save on Jeff Friday on SmackDown!...not once did I recall him smiling during that whole segment, which is a big part of what I think is the tip-off of him going back to being a heel.

XL
08-16-2009, 05:52 PM
I can see Matt costing Jeff the title and kinda echoing what Punk has been saying about Hardy. Whilst Jeff got sacked for his drug problems, Matt got sacked cos his girlfriend fucked his friend. Jeff returns to great fanfare, whilst Matt should consider himself lucky he was re-employed. Jeff is a 2 time World Champ who the fans love, whilst Matt's career has to play second fiddle.

addy2hotty
08-16-2009, 06:09 PM
World Heavyweight Championship
CM Punk vs. John Cena

WWE Championship
Randy Orton vs. Batista

Good lord, even though Punk has seriously improved, that is one AWFUL set of title matches.

DAMN iNATOR
08-16-2009, 09:07 PM
I can see Matt costing Jeff the title and kinda echoing what Punk has been saying about Hardy. Whilst Jeff got sacked for his drug problems, Matt got sacked cos his girlfriend fucked his friend. Jeff returns to great fanfare, whilst Matt should consider himself lucky he was re-employed. Jeff is a 2 time World Champ who the fans love, whilst Matt's career has to play second fiddle.

Not to play semantics, but Jeff could be considered a 3 time world champ if you count his WWE Championship reign from Armageddon '08-Royal Rumble '09...

Dave Youell
08-17-2009, 08:11 AM
I don't think that Matt will screw Jeff, unless jeff signs a new contract.

If Matt did screw Jeff that would mean the only upper card face is John Morrison, and he's only been there for 8 weeks.

Unless we get a quick return for Taker, Matt will have to be bumped up to that level as well, unless they transfer someone else over.

Personally, for the sake of ratings, this may be a good time to switch John Cena over. He's done pretty much all he can now on Raw.

Xero
08-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Dave, I want to slap you for even considering moving Cena over. If he's the same gimmick as on RAW he would destroy what little good we have left in the WWE.

Mr. Nerfect
08-17-2009, 10:01 AM
His matches would be longer, and CM Punk would rip into him for steroids and such. It'd be hilarious.

Dave Youell
08-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Dave, I want to slap you for even considering moving Cena over. If he's the same gimmick as on RAW he would destroy what little good we have left in the WWE.

I understand what you are saying, but a Punk/Cena feud interests me, but then I don’t hate Cena, at least he tries and has had some good matches with the right opponent

The ideal person would of course be Michaels, but that’s just not going to happen, as he doesn’t want it.

One thing I did notice is how they are kind of trying to turn Benjamin face again, but even if they did move him over, again, he’s not established enough.

Vince’s worries about the lack of depth in his roster are starting to unfold, how in the hell this happened to a man who has 4 TV shows and hundreds of wrestlers on the books is beyond me, it’s his own stupid fault.

The best thing they could do is just throw money at Jeff Hardy to the point where he signs on till at least Mania and just see how things go.

The other thing I could see happening is Rey dropping the IC belt and moving up the card, but he’s not a legit threat to the title anymore IMO

Mr. Nerfect
08-18-2009, 01:16 AM
I understand what you are saying, but a Punk/Cena feud interests me, but then I don’t hate Cena, at least he tries and has had some good matches with the right opponent

The ideal person would of course be Michaels, but that’s just not going to happen, as he doesn’t want it.

One thing I did notice is how they are kind of trying to turn Benjamin face again, but even if they did move him over, again, he’s not established enough.

Vince’s worries about the lack of depth in his roster are starting to unfold, how in the hell this happened to a man who has 4 TV shows and hundreds of wrestlers on the books is beyond me, it’s his own stupid fault.

The best thing they could do is just throw money at Jeff Hardy to the point where he signs on till at least Mania and just see how things go.

The other thing I could see happening is Rey dropping the IC belt and moving up the card, but he’s not a legit threat to the title anymore IMO

I pretty much agree with you 100%, Dave. Punk/HBK would be the best idea, but it's not going to happen. Punk/Cena has got a better chance, and could actually be kind of good. Jeff Hardy is unlikely to stay until WrestleMania, and I don't know how much longer his feud with Punk can last, anyway. I would like to see the WWE throw some money at Jeff to lock him up for Breaking Point, though.

On SmackDown! this past week, I got the idea that the WWE were trying to set up Punk hurting Jeff at Summerslam, and writing him out of stories. Fair enough. But with Breaking Point being a submission-themed PPV, I would not mind seeing Punk vs. Jeff Hardy one last time, in an I Quit Match. Punk's World Title against Jeff Hardy's career. When Jeff begs Punk off, and then says "I quit," it would be a huge moment.

As for Rey Mysterio, I've thought about that one, too. Dolph Ziggler seems likely to take the IC Title at Summerslam, so what then for Rey Rey? Many would hate this idea, but I could see Punk cutting a promo about the drugs, and such, and bringing up the wellness policy, and how it came about because Eddie Guerrero put the company in a bad position because of his prior drug use. People don't like Eddie coming up in storylines, but it would be a heat fucking machine, and if done right, they could present it as Punk reciting history, and not trying overtly to get emotional reactions out of people. The emotional reactions would of course flow, though. And that could be the trigger to getting Rey and Punk involved in a feud with one another.