PDA

View Full Version : Okay, since Google sucks....

Kane Knight
08-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Or I don't know what I'm looking for.

I bought a set of Bluetooth headphones for my iPod, since I hate wires. So I figured I'd try setting it up to also play media at home, since I have a bluetooth transmitter from my old keyboard. I set it up fine, and it's connected, but the only way I can find to play music from iTunes is to set everything to pipe through my headphones. Even the pop-up I get when it synchs says a media player should start playing through my headphones, so what gives? Is there any way to get iTunes through my headphones without getting everything else?

Windows XP, if it's important.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Not sure with XP... Vista completley changed the sound stack so you can have independant volume control per application per output.

Try running some music in Windows media Player and see if it mutes the rest of the Windows audio. Other than than, set your PC speakers as the primary audio output and see if iTunes still comes through the headphones regardless.

Kane Knight
08-23-2009, 09:05 PM
If my PC speakers are the primary output, sound ALWAYS goes through the speakers, even though I unticked the box saying "always use the primary device." I'll have to check the audio in another player and see. Wouldn't shock me if maybe iTunes is the problem, though.

Vietnamese Crippler
08-23-2009, 11:09 PM
iTunes cannot, from what I've found, output to a different audio device other than the primary sound device.

I think your only choices are getting ALL the sound to the headphones or switch to another audio player which does have the ability to output to a separate device.