PDA

View Full Version : Heel CM Punk is one dimenional and I'm already bored with it.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 10:38 AM
I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, that makes me better than everyone else.[/Every CM Punk heel rant]

Seriously, does he talk about anything else, ever?

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Shut the fuck up Bald Fatsington.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Jewstead is cranky.

Hanso Amore
08-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Thats kind of his gimmick BDC....not sure what the point of this thread is.

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-20-2009, 10:50 AM
I can smell the butter you're sweating from over here bdc.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm sweating beer.

DaveWadding
08-20-2009, 10:56 AM
CM Punk is sXe and BETTER THAN YOU.

[/thread]

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 10:59 AM
I just don't see how CM Punk is going to remain interesting after this fued... He is worse than Jericho. I mean at least Jericho comes up with something new to say every 3 years. What more will Punk do besides saying he is straight edge?

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2009, 11:04 AM
It's one fucking feud man.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 11:20 AM
What is he going to different against anyone else?

The Jayman
08-20-2009, 11:23 AM
I kinda agree with BDC. I don't see a very long heel run for Punk. granted I like it but for now it is short lived

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 11:28 AM
I mean it is like fighting Kahli, Kahli is always going to do the exact same thing, you have to figure out how to make it entertaining. I mean I could see Shawn Micheals and a CM Punk fued working because Micheals would come off saying he use to do those things but he found religion and CM Punk is just a hollow man who never tested himself and never found his limits or something like that. On account of straight edgers tend to be moral athiests.

I could see someone like Stone Cold reacting funny like admitting to having a few before the segment or whatever and being proud they are drunk.

But when the people who would make it the most interesting are HBK and Stone Cold you have a problem. Because they can make anything interesting.

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Undertaker will be interesting. You haven't even seen what he can do, you are simply saying "I can't come up with anything for him, so there is no way anything good will come from it." If you could come up with everything, you'd never be surprised and that would suck as well.

Londoner
08-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Ah shut up. You barely watch WWE BDC so your judgments are meaningless in this forum. How about you tell us what you expect cm punk to be like?

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Undertaker will be interesting. You haven't even seen what he can do, you are simply saying "I can't come up with anything for him, so there is no way anything good will come from it." If you could come up with everything, you'd never be surprised and that would suck as well.

I'm more clever than the WWE writters. Deadman Undertaker and CM Punk seems like such a wierd program. Their wrestling styles wouldn't gel very well. And character wise, they don't seem to fit well either. I'm just saying on paper, it looks wierd.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Ah shut up. You barely watch WWE BDC so your judgments are meaningless in this forum. How about you tell us what you expect cm punk to be like?

Just because I haven't been watching it lately doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

Londoner
08-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Just because I haven't been watching it lately doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

Yes, it does, unless you've watched highlights from previous shows. Like i said, tell us what he should be like, since you're so clever.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 11:46 AM
I watched a bit of smackdown a week or 2 ago, and been keeping up with it from the best few so I wouldn't have been totally lost when I went to see the taping tuesday.

Plus I've watched wrestling for years, I think I know what to expect from them.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 11:48 AM
As far as CM Punk, what would I like to see out of him...some depth. Maybe explore why he went straight edge. Undertaker could possible do that, what with having powers and playing mind games. He could look into punks past and bring up dark secrets or whatever.

#1-norm-fan
08-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Would you rather he come out and say "I am the best this business has to offer... This Sunday I WILL walk out the NEW World champion... etc."? Punk actually has real, legit reasons to say the things he says about Hardy. It's not heel or face, it's just facts. Unlike some dumb fuck like Randy Orton coming out and cutting a heel promo for the sake of it being a heel promo.

Londoner
08-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Exactly wwf-fan.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Would you rather he come out and say "I am the best this business has to offer... This Sunday I WILL walk out the NEW World champion... etc."? Punk actually has real, legit reasons to say the things he says about Hardy. It's not heel or face, it's just facts. Unlike some dumb fuck like Randy Orton coming out and cutting a heel promo for the sake of it being a heel promo.

He is just justifying why he thinks he is better, because he doesn't do drugs. Orton justifies why he is the best, because he has heritage on his side. HHH justifies because he pushes himself harder than anyone else and ect. It is still just heel for heel sake.

#1-norm-fan
08-20-2009, 12:13 PM
lol. No it's not.

Punk's whole thing is he lives a clean life and somehow gets booed because he ended up in a feud with a man who has a history of being a drug addict and has been given opportunity after opportunity. And the crowd just eats it up and cheers the drug addict. A ridiculously legit gripe.

Orton comes out and basically says "I'm better than you cause I'm the heel and I'm supposed to say these things".

How you can't see the difference in depth between those two characters is beyond me.

Londoner
08-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Ortons promo's are the most boring shit ever. if anyones one dimensional, its him.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 12:15 PM
It is a gimmick, and a rather flat on. Aren't these just the same arguments he has been using for years too? I mean he basically did the same thing again JBL and Raven.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Ortons promo's are the most boring shit ever. if anyones one dimensional, its him.

Never said he wasn't. I'm just saying I don't see where else CM Punk is going to go.

#1-norm-fan
08-20-2009, 12:18 PM
It is a gimmick, and a rather flat on. Aren't these just the same arguments he has been using for years too? I mean he basically did the same thing again JBL and Raven.

I think JBL was his only WWE feud before now that was somewhat based on the "straight edge vs. non straight edge" gimmick.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 12:25 PM
I think JBL was his only WWE feud before now that was somewhat based on the "straight edge vs. non straight edge" gimmick.

Morrison was a straight edge v non straight edge feud.

Londoner
08-20-2009, 12:26 PM
This is the first time i've really seen cm punk like this, having not seen his stuff before wwe, and it has entertained me so far so i don't have a problem with it.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Well that is because this is the first you've seen of it.

Londoner
08-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Yeah, but considering it fits well with his feud v jeff hardy, i still would've liked it.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Well then good for you. I just hope they can do something to fill out punk a bit more. This fued writes itself, druggy vs staight edge asshole. But how many times can they do it and keep it interesting?

Londoner
08-20-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm sure they'll go in another direction soon, but then this is the wwe...one good feud all year and they think they're the best writers in history.

Kane Knight
08-20-2009, 12:34 PM
I just don't see how CM Punk is going to remain interesting after this fued... He is worse than Jericho. I mean at least Jericho comes up with something new to say every 3 years. What more will Punk do besides saying he is straight edge?

Actually, if he threw in a couple of "sycophants" he'd pretty much be Jericho. I'm not sure we can blame Punk for that one, though. If the character he's supposed to play is a drug-free, less verbose Jericho, what the Hell is he really gonna do?

I think a lot of the "boredom" you're coming up with is more about how this idea has not only been done, it's being done, now, on the same show, with another prominent wrestler. And that reeks of poor planning, not something that really comes down to Punk himself.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm sure they'll go in another direction soon, but then this is the wwe...one good feud all year and they think they're the best writers in history.

Now you see what I'm talking about...They will do one good fued, and then repeat the program for a long time. My problem isn't really with Punk, so much as I know how WWE operates.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Actually, if he threw in a couple of "sycophants" he'd pretty much be Jericho. I'm not sure we can blame Punk for that one, though. If the character he's supposed to play is a drug-free, less verbose Jericho, what the Hell is he really gonna do?

I think a lot of the "boredom" you're coming up with is more about how this idea has not only been done, it's being done, now, on the same show, with another prominent wrestler. And that reeks of poor planning, not something that really comes down to Punk himself.

I agree, Punk is high and mighty because he is drug free. Jericho is high and might because...I really don't know why. But it is the same thing over and over again. Jericho tends to find one thing to say that sounds cool, then he repeats it for the next 3 years. Punk doesn't even have the one cool line.

Londoner
08-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Now you see what I'm talking about...They will do one good fued, and then repeat the program for a long time. My problem isn't really with Punk, so much as I know how WWE operates.

You didn't make the very clear, but yes i get you now.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 12:49 PM
You didn't make the very clear, but yes i get you now.

Ah, I assumed everyone knew the limits of WWE.

KIRA
08-20-2009, 05:56 PM
The could actually work a moral angle with Taker as hes so emerssed in the darkside and along comes cm punk moral absolutist concerned that hes leading people down a bad road he basiclly be shawn micheals knocked up several notches nd minus the religious bent.

Or they could go with punk simply running his mouth to much and writing checks hes not prepared to cash theres a few ways to go here,

Juan
08-20-2009, 06:15 PM
I don't care for <s>Swagger</s> Punk...

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 06:18 PM
I don't care for <s>Swagger</s> Punk...

Nice to see you're still a dumb mexican.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 06:18 PM
The could actually work a moral angle with Taker as hes so emerssed in the darkside and along comes cm punk moral absolutist concerned that hes leading people down a bad road he basiclly be shawn micheals knocked up several notches nd minus the religious bent.

Or they could go with punk simply running his mouth to much and writing checks hes not prepared to cash theres a few ways to go here,

I like idea one, idea two is what they always do with little guy v big guy fueds.

Juan
08-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Nice to see you're still a dumb mexican.

Easy, big guy. No need to get defensive.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 06:24 PM
If I was getting defensive I would have called you a spic. Anyhow, if you actually read this thread, you would have seen it is more of a lack of faith in WWE creative than a lack of faith in Punk. I sorta like him...but not really. I flat out don't like Swagger.

Juan
08-20-2009, 06:29 PM
i did read it. I was just poking fun at you. No biggie.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 06:39 PM
No, this is a serious board Juan, either contribute or leave. :mad:

Juan
08-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Eat shit honky.

XL
08-20-2009, 06:43 PM
The could actually work a moral angle with Taker as hes so emerssed in the darkside and along comes cm punk moral absolutist concerned that hes leading people down a bad road
I likey :yes::y:

Nark Order
08-20-2009, 06:49 PM
BDC is wrong. This is all.

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2009, 06:53 PM
I likey :yes::y:
don't say likey

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Eat shit honky.

Seriously, don't leave so many streaks next time in my lawn. Seriously.

Nark Order
08-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Hey let's call something fresh and exciting not fresh and exciting just to spite the people that like all of the freshness and excitement.

Juan
08-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Hey let's call something fresh and exciting not fresh and exciting just to spite the people that like all of the freshness and excitement.

No, KK said it's been done before and he's never wrong.

Nark Order
08-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Is there a list of things that KK actually likes? How long is it?

Juan
08-20-2009, 07:07 PM
He likes Dolph Ziggler and Scotty Too Hotty

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 07:09 PM
I love it. When you can't dispute the points logically, dispute who said them. So you guys don't have anything really to add to the thread other than bullshit?

Nark Order
08-20-2009, 07:09 PM
In that order?

Nark Order
08-20-2009, 07:13 PM
I love it. When you can't dispute the points logically, dispute who said them. So you guys don't have anything really to add to the thread other than bullshit?

The problem lies solely on the fact that there was no real logic in this thread in the first place. It's fine that you don't like the feud and that you think it's boring but the reasons you are giving don't add up at all. Punk has never really even been heel in WWE up until now and has rarely used the "I'm straight edge" thing to it's full potential in a feud until now. This is where the gimmick is truly shining here. For you to say it's stale and overused is not only a point that lacks thought, but it lacks substance.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 07:23 PM
What lack thought is you putting words in my mouth. I never said I don't like the fued, I bored with where this is going to go. This fued is obivously working, but how different can other people play of CM Punk's gimmick? Especially since WWE never lets anything shine.

Nark Order
08-20-2009, 07:32 PM
I think you're assuming that the only thing Punk is ever going to do is start feuds with people and play it off of his straightedge lifestyle. This hasn't been the case in the past nor do I really think it's going to happen in the future. The possibilities are endless with Punk. His promo skills are some of the best in the company and his in ring style is fun and unique.

Juan
08-20-2009, 07:33 PM
So you guys don't have anything really to add to the thread other than bullshit?

Oh the irony

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 07:35 PM
I think you're assuming that the only thing Punk is ever going to do is start feuds with people and play it off of his straightedge lifestyle. This hasn't been the case in the past nor do I really think it's going to happen in the future. The possibilities are endless with Punk. His promo skills are some of the best in the company and his in ring style is fun and unique.

I don't know...I've been watching WWE for years and I just don't expect the best from them.

Nark Order
08-20-2009, 07:37 PM
So this has nothing to do with CM Punk then?

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Only that I expect they are going to run his gimmick into the ground and I don't think he is nearly as good as everyone says he is. I'm not saying he is crap, I've just haven't seen the glory everyone speaks of. He is no Johnny Nitro.

Juan
08-20-2009, 07:40 PM
So this has nothing to do with CM Punk then?

No, he already said that though.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 07:40 PM
No, he already said that though.

Thank you Juan.

Nark Order
08-20-2009, 07:44 PM
I am strictly against the notion that CM Punk having a successful feud with Jeff Hardy is going to somehow run him into the ground. Good luck on your thread though.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm not saying this singular fued is going to run him into the ground, I just have the feeling they are going to take the fued and redo it with everyone else, not unlike how they redo Orton's fueds, Cena's fueds, Batista's fueds, and so on.

Nark Order
08-20-2009, 07:49 PM
And we've seen how unsuccessful Orton, Cena, and Batista have been... If that's running him into the ground then I'm all for it.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 07:52 PM
I didn't say unsuccessful, I said boring. You aren't going to start telling me you are excited for Cena overcoming the odds part 30 or Batista's 50th title shot in a month are you?

ImpactPlayer365
08-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Usually good heels have a good face to work with, or at least someone who gives a lil something back. Great wrestler hardy is, we all know he's crap on the mic. Gave absolutely nothing besides his past as a fuck up to the storyline, and to the development of a C.M. Punk as a heel.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 08:22 PM
ImpactPalyer...that is my old avatar.

ImpactPlayer365
08-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Is it? I had it as my fantasy football avatar last year haha.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2009, 08:28 PM
I had it a few years back when they were considered a bomb scare.

Mr. Nerfect
08-21-2009, 04:04 AM
Eh, I don't think Punk is one-dimensional. I think he's one of the best characters in the WWE right now. What started as a harmless rivalry with Jeff Hardy turned into a fucking war between two men who now hate each other -- because Punk's "only addiction is competition" and losing to someone who is not as "pure" or "disciplined" as him really ate at the back of his mind.

When Punk rids the WWE of Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy is going to have a legitimate gripe with Punk:

"You pretty much killed my brother, Punk."
"I showed him the tough love you never gave him. But don't worry, Matt, he's going to get all the prescription medication he needs now, and he doesn't have to worry about being suspended and letting his fans down."
*Matt punches Punk*

And, if you haven't been noticing, the WWE have been very subtlely building up a CM Punk vs. John Morrison feud, with Johnny Nitro owning two falls over Punk, and now getting another win on SmackDown!; with Punk having beaten Morrison once. Punk still has a lot to prove to Morrison.

Then there is The Undertaker, who can try to intimidate Punk with his lights and shit, only for Punk to call him on it. "These smoke and mirror illusions are your addiction, Taker. You buy into your own myth like these people buy paracetamol." Taker can then do a sit-down confrontation with Punk, where Taker reveals details about Punk's father being an alcoholic -- and really using that to get into Punk's head. Punk can then go off on the fans: "You cheer this man?!? He stalks people, he flirts with the satanic, and you cheer him?!?"

Maybe he can start boning Maria again and Dolph Ziggler can get jealous? There's also the "Who is a better poster boy" feud with John Cena, the "condemnding the man for his past" program with Shawn Michaels, and maybe even one where Punk complains about Triple H taking the easy way to the top.

I don't see how Punk is any more limited than anyone else.

Mr. Nerfect
08-21-2009, 04:05 AM
Oh, and Punk and Edge have got tension still remaining that they can play up. Edge can surely rip into Punk when he gets back from his injury, and there's a feud with there.

BigDaddyCool
08-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Shut up, noid.

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Yeah bdc is too cool for you noid.

USAUSA1
08-23-2009, 07:46 PM
What do HHH,Punk and Orton all have in common? They boring

Even Vince McMAHON said it. He frustrated with the WWE product,plain and simple.

Mr. Nerfect
08-24-2009, 07:06 AM
Yeah bdc is too cool for you noid.

Kool with a "k."

#1-norm-fan
08-25-2009, 05:25 PM
I just realized something after reading Paul Heyman's thoughts on Punk winning the title...

People's (Mainly BDC's) problem with Punk vs. Taker is that Punk's whole straight edge thing he's been using as a heel against Hardy doesn't really fit a Taker feud and there's nothing he can play off of.

The Punk-Hardy feud initially started with Punk cashing in against Hardy after a hard fought ladder match with Edge left Hardy unable to defend himself. Punk's original beef was that he was planning on cashing in anyway and the fans were so angry at him simply because the "good guy" won the match and ended up being the one he cashed in on as opposed to Edge.

Now, Punk beats Hardy fair and square, no cheating, he did nothing unfair. He did what he says he is all about... he took no shortcuts and proved himself as the better man. And what happens? He gets attacked by Taker for no reason other than Taker wanting the world title... EXACTLY the same thing that happened to Jeff Hardy that got Punk alienated by the fans. Yet unlike Punk when he did it, Taker gets cheered for it.

And there you have a very valid point that Punk can hang his hat on for the duration of the feud. At least I hope he does. It makes too much sense for him to ignore.

thedamndest
08-25-2009, 07:01 PM
I don't even think CM Punk and Undertaker should be feuding. In fact, I think they have a lot in common:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A_qiy5xFMsc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A_qiy5xFMsc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Juan
08-25-2009, 07:14 PM
I just realized something after reading Paul Heyman's thoughts on Punk winning the title...

People's (Mainly BDC's) problem with Punk vs. Taker is that Punk's whole straight edge thing he's been using as a heel against Hardy doesn't really fit a Taker feud and there's nothing he can play off of.

The Punk-Hardy feud initially started with Punk cashing in against Hardy after a hard fought ladder match with Edge left Hardy unable to defend himself. Punk's original beef was that he was planning on cashing in anyway and the fans were so angry at him simply because the "good guy" won the match and ended up being the one he cashed in on as opposed to Edge.

Now, Punk beats Hardy fair and square, no cheating, he did nothing unfair. He did what he says he is all about... he took no shortcuts and proved himself as the better man. And what happens? He gets attacked by Taker for no reason other than Taker wanting the world title... EXACTLY the same thing that happened to Jeff Hardy that got Punk alienated by the fans. Yet unlike Punk when he did it, Taker gets cheered for it.

And there you have a very valid point that Punk can hang his hat on for the duration of the feud. At least I hope he does. It makes too much sense for him to ignore.

I like it.

Nark Order
08-25-2009, 08:46 PM
I love it. When you can't dispute the points logically, dispute who said them.

And by the way, don't you do this every time Noid says anything at all?