PDA

View Full Version : The matches on The Rise and Fall of WCW

Gertner
08-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Disk 2 is probably the best set of matches I've seen in a non ppv dvd release. The 6 man tag of the Horseman vs Luger/Windham and Sting was incredible. Steamboat vs Flair: amazing. Magum TA v Flair: amazing. Midnights vs R&R Express: amazing, even in today's standards it blows any tag match I've seen in years away.

Then you get to disk 3 which is more modern WCW and it's like they stopped caring. Why wouldn't you show Hogan v Sting at Starcade? I know they released the Best of Starcade, but it's probably the most important match in WCW history. Also, they showed the Steiners v Outsiders at Superbrawl 8. There are SO many better Outsider/Steiner matches and they show that? Wished they would have shown Raven v Kanyon v Saturn. Forget which ppv it was, but it was amazing. Last thing, why didn't they put Arquette v Jarrett v Page in the triple deck cage match? I know it's embarassing, but they showed a match where Rodman is clearly drunk off his ass, and the Arquette match is CLEARLY more important in terms of WCW history. One Russo era match doesn't cut it in my book.

St. Jimmy
08-28-2009, 09:24 PM
1980's/1990's WCW > ALL.

Executioner
08-28-2009, 10:42 PM
1980's/1990's WCW > ALL.

Just a side opinion....Great American Bashes 1987-1990 > ALL. Bash 87 and 89 are quite possibly the greatest events released.

Gertner
08-28-2009, 11:56 PM
lol and then 1991 came around

Fignuts
08-29-2009, 01:54 AM
Hogan vs Sting was the most important match in the the nwo angle. But at the same time, they fucked it up, since it wasn't a clean finish. Dunno if I'd call it the most important match in wcw history. Main event of the first starrcade was probably more important.

Also, despite rodman's drunken shennanigans, that match was wy more important, and way more publicized than the arquette shit.

Gertner
08-29-2009, 08:53 AM
The Hogan Sting was very important because it is the start of the decline of WCW.

The Optimist
08-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Like, the most basic root. They could have avoided total death after that for quite a while.

Loose Cannon
08-29-2009, 09:30 AM
The Superbrawl 8 match is the most memorable match of all the Steiners/Outsiders matches, so I am glad they chose that one.

kareru
08-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Hogan vs Sting was the most important match in the the nwo angle. But at the same time, they fucked it up, since it wasn't a clean finish. Dunno if I'd call it the most important match in wcw history. Main event of the first starrcade was probably more important.

Also, despite rodman's drunken shennanigans, that match was wy more important, and way more publicized than the arquette shit.

a lot of the face wrestlers did no shows at that event

johnsmagic
08-29-2009, 12:32 PM
the starcade match between hogan and sting just showed that wcw was never gonna work while hogan was on top and controlling things

JT
08-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Question; was DDP vs. Raven vs. Benoit from Uncencored 98 on the DVD?

Honestly, this was my favorite matches of all time. I got into wrestling in 98 and was really into the DDP/Flock feud going on. I wasn't too fond of the documentory, but I might still consider purchasing for the earlier matches and this one if it was there.

Xero
08-29-2009, 09:22 PM
What the fuck do you think?