PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys Stadium

BCWWF
09-18-2009, 02:26 PM
What does everyone think of this thing? It looks incredibly fancy, and I'm sure it would be great to be in one of its priority sections, but the stadium itself falls really flat for me. For one the scoreboard is too big and would just take away from the experience. There's no character to the stadium in general though; it's like the equivilent of the giant cookie cutter house you would see in a suburb. I guess that's fitting for Dallas though.

Why don't we use this thread also as a place to share opinions on other NFL stadiums. To get the ball rolling:

In terms of NFL stadiums, something about Philadelphia's new park, Lincoln Financial Field, has always been awesome. It's new and has all of the great amenities, but it still has an edge to it that makes it feel more intimidating.

I've always loved Qwest Field in Seattle, too. It's got great arcitecture and is just different than anything else you've ever seen.

Not a huge fan of the new Soldier Field in Chicago. It just looks confusing, almost.

The Superdome in New Orleans has always been unimpressive to me as well. I understand that it's huge, but the stadium itself seems more fitting in Indianapolis or something. The design looks like it was supposed to be futuristic like 30 years ago.

Most NFL stadiums are pretty straight forward, but that's a little of my opinion to start things off.

Kris P Lettus
09-18-2009, 02:34 PM
The Superdome was designed in the late 60's.. $60 Million is coming from the state and it should be completely remodeled by 2013 (when NOLA hosts the Super Bowl) as part of the deal that the state signed to keep the Saints in NOLA until 2025..

Kris P Lettus
09-18-2009, 02:35 PM
The reason there is a dome in NOLA, is because almost half the NFL season is during hurricane/rainy season.. All but makes sense..

BCWWF
09-18-2009, 02:37 PM
I figured/kind of hoped you would have some insight on that. Good stuff.

Kris P Lettus
09-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Also, about the Jerry Tron (jeritron lol), TGI Fridays is giving out orders of "green been fries" to anyone sitting at the bar during the game, every time a punt hits the screen..

Pretty lol..

Ogen
09-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Thats quite genius the teams forcing states to pay a load of money to keep them, er on that note while I'm assuming most of you support your local team like Krispy with the New Orleans Saints. If they did move somewhere else do you still support them or do you support the next team from your area or what?

Kris P Lettus
09-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Not about paying the teams money directly.. It's about updating and giving teams modern facilities.. Tom Benson (Saints owner) is pulling alot of his own money into revamping the buildings surrounding the Dome, like an office park and a downtown mall.. Think about it, why would The Saints want to keep playing in a 40 year old stadium when another state wants to spent hundreds of millions of dollars to build a brand new stadium.. You have to think of the revenue that the Saints bring into not only NOLA but the entire state in tourism, etc..

I really don't know what I would do if the Saints left..

DrA
09-18-2009, 02:59 PM
From what I've heard the speakers are so loud and distorted that you can't hear anything.

RoXer
09-18-2009, 03:20 PM
The Cowboys Stadium looks like it's all concrete on the field walls too. (I've only seen pics) Like if theres an aggressive play and the players keep running, they could run smack into that thing. Then again. I couldn't really tell if there was cushion or not.

The new Jets Stadium looks really magnificent. I would totally want season tickets to whatever team was playing there just to see the stadium itself.

ClockShot
09-18-2009, 03:25 PM
I heard you can cram 105,000 people in there. Be great for concerts and big time events.

But sooner or later, when one too many punts hit that screen, I'll bet the league is gonna force Jerry to raise it up a bit.

Droford
09-18-2009, 04:27 PM
M&T Bank is nice but they need to rip out the end zone video monitors and install something thats actually high def.

Emperor Smeat
09-18-2009, 05:20 PM
The Cowboys Stadium looks like it's all concrete on the field walls too. (I've only seen pics) Like if theres an aggressive play and the players keep running, they could run smack into that thing. Then again. I couldn't really tell if there was cushion or not.

Didn't Gus Frerotte once knocked himself out with a concussion by smacking his head on an end zone wall during a taunt? Might have been at Washington's stadium.

Edit: LOL he did.
"Frerotte was selected to the 1997 Pro Bowl, but he may be better remembered for injuring himself by ramming his head into a padded cement wall in celebration of a touchdown in a 7–7 tie against the New York Giants on Sunday Night Football, spraining his neck."

Skippord
09-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Invesco is very nice

and they moved Bucky The Horse from Mile High over to it which I always thought was cool

DaveWadding
09-19-2009, 02:30 AM
University of Phoenix Stadium looks like a spaceship.

Kris P Lettus
09-19-2009, 11:56 AM
It's a coiled rattlesnake..

RoXer
09-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Oh yeah. I keep forgetting we have a state of the art stadium here.

Ironically, next year there will be an empty building nextdoor.

Evil Vito
09-19-2009, 05:15 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm excited to see the new Giants Stadium. I've got no problems with the current one as far as view or anything is concerned...hoping the new place has better amenities and more bathrooms tho. As it is, you basically need to leave at the 2 minute warning in the 2nd quarter to ensure you can piss before the 2nd half starts, ridiculous lines.</font>

DaveWadding
09-19-2009, 05:21 PM
Oh yeah. I keep forgetting we have a state of the art stadium here.

Ironically, next year there will be an empty building nextdoor.

LAWL HOCKEY