PDA

View Full Version : ROH 9/25 in Boston

thecc
09-19-2009, 03:25 AM
Probably going to this. Davey Richards and dragon should be awesome. Also really excited for cheech and cloudy vs the young bucks.

The Show Off
09-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Probably going to this. Davey Richards and dragon should be awesome. Also really excited for cheech and cloudy vs the young bucks.

You go to the 9/25 show... I'm going to the 9/26 show...

Be jealous...

Nah, I'm just messing with you, both cards look good (though I think 9/26 looks better) their are many things I'd love to see at the 9/25 show...

--Danielson/Richards should be awesome

--I was actually looking forward to the McGuinness/Strong for the New York show but they moved it to your show in lew of McGuinness/Danielson, but Nigel and Roddy going at it should be good.

--Generico/Hero/Castagnoli/Petey Williams looks like it should be a really fun match as well.

--Delerious/Dutt sounds really fun, I haven't seen any of their matches against one another but it sounds really good.

All and all the Boston show sounds fun as does the New York show...

On a completely unrelated note thecc I just bought ROH Survival of the Fittest 2007 on ROH's $10 DVD sale. I was looking for a show that would display Chris Hero's talents. Since you seem to have a good knowledge of "indy" wrestling what is your opinion (if any) on that show?

The Gold Standard
09-19-2009, 12:11 PM
When is the last day Danielson and Nigel are scheduled for in ROH?

The Show Off
09-19-2009, 06:23 PM
When is the last day Danielson and Nigel are scheduled for in ROH?

9/26 in New York. They're wrestling against one another.

ron the dial
09-20-2009, 12:11 PM
aries vs. danielson was fucking sick last night. so glad i got to see both guys before they left, although mcguinness not wrestling was a bit of a let down. his speech was great though, talking about eddie edwards nailing a fat japanese ring rat. plus bret hart was there.

thecc
09-24-2009, 12:21 AM
2 days away from this and I'm excited as ever for this show. Davey Richards has been the man all year and this match with Dragon will help cement his status as a main guy in ROH.

On a completely unrelated note thecc I just bought ROH Survival of the Fittest 2007 on ROH's $10 DVD sale. I was looking for a show that would display Chris Hero's talents. Since you seem to have a good knowledge of "indy" wrestling what is your opinion (if any) on that show?It depends if you want uber athletic Hero or his stuff as that young knock out kid. I loved anything involving him teaming with Claudio. CZW's "deja vu 3" has an excellent match with them against Mike Quackenbush and Ruckus. Also his final czw match against Eddie Kingston at "out with the old, in with the new." For more modern matches I'd go with anything from the last few months in PWG.

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/
http://www.smartmarkvideo.com/CZW-DVD-Deja-Vu-3-Aug.-13-2005-Philadelphia-PA/
http://www.smartmarkvideo.com/CZW-DVD-Out-With-The-Old-In-With-The-New-2007-April-7-2007-Philadelphia-PA/

The Show Off
09-24-2009, 12:39 AM
2 days away from this and I'm excited as ever for this show. Davey Richards has been the man all year and this match with Dragon will help cement his status as a main guy in ROH.

It depends if you want uber athletic Hero or his stuff as that young knock out kid. I loved anything involving him teaming with Claudio. CZW's "deja vu 3" has an excellent match with them against Mike Quackenbush and Ruckus. Also his final czw match against Eddie Kingston at "out with the old, in with the new." For more modern matches I'd go with anything from the last few months in PWG.

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/
http://www.smartmarkvideo.com/CZW-DVD-Deja-Vu-3-Aug.-13-2005-Philadelphia-PA/
http://www.smartmarkvideo.com/CZW-DVD-Out-With-The-Old-In-With-The-New-2007-April-7-2007-Philadelphia-PA/

I should be getting Survival of the Fittest 2007 any day now so I'll judge my opinion of Hero off of that.

I've seen his promos and he's very good on the mic, the only match that he's been in that was any good was his match at Glory by Honor V: Night 2 where he teamed with Claudio against Aries and Strong. He held his own in that match, but nothing special. Hopefully I'll see something special at Survival of the Fittest 2007, if not from him it has a Danielson/McGuinness match on it which should be worth the 10 bucks I spent.

thecc
09-26-2009, 01:27 AM
Incredible show tonight. Dragon/Davey was legit motyc. I'll probably do a full write up tomorrow.

Swiss Ultimate
09-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Sorry, who is going to tonight's show for sure?

The Show Off
09-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Sorry, who is going to tonight's show for sure?

I am. And either late tonight or tommorow I'll post results. The results won't be too detailed, but at least you'll know what happened.

thecc
09-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Eddie Edwards broke his elbow so ladder war II is questionable right now.

The Show Off
09-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Eddie Edwards broke his elbow so ladder war II is questionable right now.

It'll happen. They'll either have a replacement or Eddie Edwards will wrestle though the injury. It'd be a disaster if they didn't go through with the match as schedualed.

Besided where did you hear that news?

mike adamle
09-26-2009, 05:58 PM
That was a pretty bad idea to have a street fight the day before ladder war II IMO. It'll be quite a downer if he can't go through with it and they have to have a replacement.

thecc
09-26-2009, 09:24 PM
It'll happen. They'll either have a replacement or Eddie Edwards will wrestle though the injury. It'd be a disaster if they didn't go through with the match as schedualed.

Besided where did you hear that news?roh posted it on their twitter.

mike adamle
09-26-2009, 11:54 PM
He wrestled a ladder war with a broken elbow... insane.

thecc
09-27-2009, 12:32 AM
Yeah, dudes tough as hell.

also
"Sarah Palin will give Barack Obama a lap dance on the steps of the capital before I get behind Vince Russo". Jim Cornette at ROH in NYC