PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart Open To Returning

Calamondin
09-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

For the first time since the infamous “Montreal Screwjob” in 1997, Bret Hart is said to be open to returning to World Wrestling Entertainment as a weekly storyline character.

Hart has had business talks with WWE in recent months, which played a part in the company rehashing “Montreal” at last week’s Breaking Point pay-per-view — in case he agrees to return.

While nothing yet has been agreed upon, nor should one expect anything to happen anytime soon, he is no longer against returning to WWE. In the past he has said he didn’t see himself ever coming back as a character on television because he could no longer wrestle and didn’t want to become some authority figure or manager.

WWE has had talks over the years regarding Hart returning to the company as a character. In fact, Vince McMahon told the creative team in 2006 that he was going to do a street fight with Hart on a pay-per-view. Of course, it never came to be and Hart at the time was saying that he was never going to wrestle again. Apparently, Hart was tentatively penciled in to team up with Shawn Michaels vs. Vince and Shane McMahon at Backlash instead of “God.”

Frankly, I'll believe it when I see it.

Londoner
09-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Bret hart for guest host GM?

Cool King
09-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Bret Hart for Raw Guest Host then?

Londoner
09-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Beat you to it.

Londoner
09-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Ha.

Cool King
09-23-2009, 04:21 PM
:|

Mogadishu
09-23-2009, 04:49 PM
If the WWE made a special trip to Calgary, where Bret would be the guest host for RAW, I wonder if Bret would be able to out-pop Hogan's reaction in Montreal? (the RAW after Wrestlemania 18).

Juan
09-23-2009, 04:51 PM
I would love to see Bret back in some capacity.

Dave Youell
09-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Fuck me, a bit chilly today in hell isn't it?

Swiss Ultimate
09-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Another slow bitter old man with 20-minute long promos. I hope he feuds with HHH!

Kami Raki
09-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Fuck me, a bit chilly today in hell isn't it?
I thought the same thing myself.

Pardeep 619
09-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Believe it when I see it

Johnny Vegas
09-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Another slow bitter old man with 20-minute long promos. I hope he feuds with HHH!

Normally with any other vet who's "slow, bitter, old" that has shown up 23980930932409238 times i would say the same thing.

But because this is Bret "The Hitman" Hart, i am going to ask kindly of you sir to shut the fuck up.

screech
09-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Normally with any other vet who's "slow, bitter, old" that has shown up 23980930932409238 times i would say the same thing.

But because this is Bret "The Hitman" Hart, i am going to ask kindly of you sir to shut the fuck up.

Vegas has it

Zen v.W.o.
09-23-2009, 05:42 PM
oh my goodness...

parkmania
09-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Only reason for him to come back is to manage the Hart Dynasty.

I appreciate what the man has done for the business, but with all his health issues, I really don't want to see him back in the ring wrestling. I'd not be able to enjoy the match because I'd be too worried something bad would happen.

Pardeep 619
09-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Bret Hart will never EVER wrestle again

Londoner
09-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Managing the hart dynasty would be a great idea.

Blue Demon
09-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Believe it when I see it

ron the dial
09-23-2009, 06:12 PM
after watching bret just walk into a ring on saturday i can tell he's too beat up to go anymore, but i wouldn't want him to anyway. but returning to my television in some other capacity? i'm all about it.

Jura
09-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Would love to see a Sharpshooter executed properly for once.

Pardeep 619
09-23-2009, 06:13 PM
I think the occasional appearance to help The Hart Dynasty is fine, but managing them would not be. The Hart Dynasty need to come into their own without Bret Hart if they're gonna make it as big stars.

Londoner
09-23-2009, 06:14 PM
I think the occasional appearance to help The Hart Dynasty is fine, but managing them would not be. The Hart Dynasty need to come into their own without Bret Hart if they're gonna make it as big stars.

Why is that? On their own they might get lost in the shuffle, but with bret guiding them that could help if anything.

Zen v.W.o.
09-23-2009, 06:19 PM
With Bret there it means they'll always have a bigger storyline. From then on, they should get over enough to the point where Bret can come and go.

Bret, bring Teddy along with you. Maybe you can guide him to acting in a way that might not ruin his pro career.

Pardeep 619
09-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Why is that? On their own they might get lost in the shuffle, but with bret guiding them that could help if anything.

The occasional appearance here and there could be sufficient in making sure they don't get lost in the shuffle, for example, he could cut a promo about how the Hart Dynasty are the best wrestlers of this generation etc. But to manage them on a weekly basis will eventually prove ineffective if The Hart Dynasty can't back it up. He can't manage them for years on end either realistically as that will get stale and boring. Either way you look at it The Hart Dynasty need to make it on their own at some point and the occasional appearance is more effective than long term managing.

Pardeep 619
09-23-2009, 06:26 PM
From a practical point of view, if he managed The Hart Dynasty then he would need to go on the road full time to do house shows. I personally can't see him doing that.

Londoner
09-23-2009, 06:26 PM
With Bret there it means they'll always have a bigger storyline. From then on, they should get over enough to the point where Bret can come and go.

^ Totally agree.

XL
09-23-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm just thinking out loud here, but with the rehash of Montreal at Breaking Point perhaps Hart could come in and make a play for the SmackDown General Manager's role. They've hinted that Vince was behind the idea already, perhaps Bret could come in and try to "clean up" SD!.

The only problem with that is that The Hart Dynasty are currently heel and Bret would come in as face which could prove an issue.

Nicky Fives
09-23-2009, 06:44 PM
I love this..... I don't want to see him wrestle, but having him come back to TV would be great.... only thing is that if he does comeback, it has to be in Canada and completely unannounced and not spoiled by the internet, sort of like Vince/Cena did at Royal Rumble a few years ago..... I can only imagine the pop..... probably would be bigger than

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B7DOcHRgQMo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B7DOcHRgQMo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FourFifty
09-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Sounds like somebody needs a paycheck.

XL
09-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Perhaps 450, but a return from Hart means a damn sight more to the fans than a return from Hogan or Flair.

Ol Dirty Dastard
09-23-2009, 08:26 PM

parkmania
09-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Perhaps 450, but a return from Hart means a damn sight more to the fans than another return from Hogan or Flair.

Fixed.

Ol Dirty Dastard
09-23-2009, 08:30 PM

Getting a rub from the Bretman would only help.

Droford
09-23-2009, 08:44 PM
I would love to see him come back only to have Vince screw him over again for old time's sake somehow.

Tazz Dan
09-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Yeah, not gunna lie. It would make for great TV. But I agree, I'll believe it when I see it.

Seth82
09-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Yeah, not gunna lie. It would make for great TV. But I agree, I'll believe it when I see it.

agreed

It'd be friggin awesome to see him on a WWE tv program once again

Can you imagine the pop he'd get... Damn

Jura
09-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Sadly, if I recall, the WWE fans suck nowadays. Back then they would constantly be on their feet cheering and making noise and when something big happened they would have orgasms after orgasms after orgasms. Now most of the time you would see them just sitting down and just watching instead of cheering. Would be a big pop but with the combination of Bret being out of the business for a very long time plus the sucky fans it wouldn't be as big as it could be.

Ol Dirty Dastard
09-23-2009, 10:18 PM
If he was re introduced in Canada, wherever it was, the place would go buckshit.

Splaya
09-23-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm just thinking out loud here, but with the rehash of Montreal at Breaking Point perhaps Hart could come in and make a play for the SmackDown General Manager's role. They've hinted that Vince was behind the idea already, perhaps Bret could come in and try to "clean up" SD!.

The only problem with that is that The Hart Dynasty are currently heel and Bret would come in as face which could prove an issue.

Yeah but you can go either route with that. You can either have him have problems with them, "feud" with the Hart Dynasty and then either turn him heel after the nostalgia has worn off (example: Chris Jericho and his 2nd time back in the WWE) or turn them face.

DaVe
09-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Sweeeeet.

Kami Raki
09-24-2009, 12:53 AM
His return HAS to be in Canada and I doubt Bret would agree to anything else. Either in Calgary or Montreal.

Dave Youell
09-24-2009, 03:06 AM
I'm sorry but Bret managing the Hart Foundation would be a massive step down for what would be a huge comeback (IF it were to happen, I still have my doubts)

Even though he night not EVER WRESTLE AGAIN, I can still see him doing a street fight match or something maybe. You know, something that doesn't requite mass amounts of conditioning etc.

Indifferent Clox
09-24-2009, 04:26 AM
First Pavement now hart. :-)

The MAC
09-24-2009, 06:36 AM
if bret hart comes out in montreal and punches out DX then Vince. The entire wrestling world will MARK THE FUCK OUT!

Londoner
09-24-2009, 06:38 AM
if bret hart comes out in montreal and punches out DX then Vince. The entire wrestling world will MARK THE FUCK OUT!

Vince's reply: Nah, gonna give hornswoggle/chavo more time.

Ok i'll stop the cheap shots now.

Pardeep 619
09-24-2009, 07:22 AM
I'm sorry but Bret managing the Hart Foundation would be a massive step down for what would be a huge comeback (IF it were to happen, I still have my doubts)

Even though he night not EVER WRESTLE AGAIN, I can still see him doing a street fight match or something maybe. You know, something that doesn't requite mass amounts of conditioning etc.

Legally Bret Hart can't wrestle again due to the payout he received from Lloyds of London for the career ending concussion. The only way around it would be if Bret or Vince paid back the money he received, but for a one shot deal I can't see Bret doing that, and on top of what Bret would want to earn, I can't see it being feasable financially for it to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Bret Hart fan and would love to see him return. I'm just not going to get my hopes up unless something concrete happens.

The MAC
09-24-2009, 07:33 AM
bret got $700000 from Lloyds. If vince paid off that then paid Bret 1.3 million. Thats $2million. They would make tons more than 2million with attendance, ppv, and bret merchandise

cenassoldier
09-24-2009, 11:06 AM
i hope not,but if he comes back, fine.but i want to see it first

The MAC
09-24-2009, 11:31 AM
cenasoldier you are now the target of my rage. Im going to hurt you to the point where you piss in your pants when you think of posting.

Indifferent Clox
09-24-2009, 11:53 AM
the MAC =mackem? really?

Londoner
09-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Please don't carry the 'who is the MAC' discussion over to here.

The MAC
09-24-2009, 12:14 PM
does anyone know where bret was actually quoted saying all this? Or is this ryan cunt making shit up?

MrSpikeLee
09-24-2009, 02:08 PM
In all honsty, I really think Bret shouldn't return.

Because at the end of the day, he said
he'd never ever wrestle or even step foot
in that company, Vince screwed him over twice...

Survivor Series, and The Video Footage Library....

But can you imagine Bret Hart vs John Cena as a main event
at a wrestlemania??? I'd pay too see that.

CSL
09-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Please don't carry the 'who is the MAC' discussion over to here.

There is no stopping the epidemic

ARE YOU HAPPY THE MAC?!

Londoner
09-24-2009, 02:18 PM
There is no stopping the epidemic

ARE YOU HAPPY THE MAC?!

I bet its diesel mac.

GD
09-24-2009, 02:20 PM
If the WWE made a special trip to Calgary, where Bret would be the guest host for RAW, I wonder if Bret would be able to out-pop Hogan's reaction in Montreal? (the RAW after Wrestlemania 18).

Hey Man I agree there. :naughty:

ministrychick77
09-24-2009, 02:49 PM
if bret came back, i'd watch.
just to hope he fell off the rampway and re-cracked his head open.

i'd literally be ROFLMAO

cenassoldier
09-24-2009, 02:54 PM
it doesn't matter if he comes back or not.but it's strange.most of the veterans have retired and many years they comes back to the ring.think they all needed money.

Zen v.W.o.
09-24-2009, 03:50 PM
if bret came back, i'd watch.
just to hope he fell off the rampway and re-cracked his head open.

i'd literally be ROFLMAO

wtf?? I should fucking spank you.

GD
09-24-2009, 04:15 PM
I would so totally pee in my pants.

FourFifty
09-24-2009, 04:34 PM
He should return with a Kerwin White gimmick. His theme could be "Ain't That A Kick In The Head."

Johnny Vegas
09-24-2009, 07:04 PM
If Bret were to do just one return, whether in Montreal or in the States, i would love it. I really don't want him to manage because if people are saying that he's in bad shape, i don't want to see TOO much of him. Idk, idk what i want. All i know is tbh i always imagine that one guitar string going off and the crowd going fucking nuts.

Anybody Thrilla
09-25-2009, 01:23 AM
That same 'guitar string' goes off every time The Hart Dynasty has a match on SmackDOWN!, so I bet it would take a second for people to realize that it was actually Bret.

Also, this NEEDS to happen. He's the best ever and I'll mark out like a four year old for Cena.

DaveBrawl
09-25-2009, 09:26 AM
As will I Thrilla. As will I.

The MAC
09-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Again, can anyone give actual reference for this article or is it just a rumour started by Ryan Clark? This "bret at wm" or "undertaker retiring" articles are sensational without a credible source.

Gertner
09-25-2009, 11:01 AM
it doesn't matter if he comes back or not.but it's strange.most of the veterans have retired and many years they comes back to the ring.think they all needed money.

Nobody cares what you think you fat ugly hog.

Savio
09-25-2009, 11:39 AM
I hope they pencil in bret to beat vince in a street fight then screw him again

blake639raw
09-25-2009, 02:27 PM
In a perfect world, Bret & Shawn could have one last match against each other at WrestleMania 26. It would be both of their last matches. I would have Bret finally get the clean win by submission. After the match, they would shake hands and hug to close the show, finally adding closure to the issue, and a fitting end to both of their careers....

However, this is the real world, and with Bret having a stroke, there is practically no chance of him wrestling again. I would love to see him back again, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Testicle
09-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Bret can't wrestle anymore, its been 10 years since he has retired (man, doesn't seem that long) and he has had a stroke.

He could be a GM type or a manager, and I don't think the manager role does him justice. Unless he is going to have a major role he shouldn't get involved.

The MAC
09-25-2009, 04:20 PM
lol..bret just called hogan a SHITBAG..SHITBAG.ROTFLMFAO

Mogadishu
09-26-2009, 02:40 AM
Bret is in absolutely no condition to wrestle. However - I think it would be awesome if he guest hosted RAW in the not-so-distant future. Have him guest host RAW the next time the WWE goes to Calgary. I think the pop that Bret would receive in Calgary, would rival that of Hogan's pop the night after Wrestlemania in Montreal.

Maybe it's crazy thinking on my part, but I actually do wonder if some crazed fan would attack HBK if Bret/Shawn had a kayfabe'd confrontation in Calgary. It would be unfortunate, but I could definitely see it happening.

The MAC
09-26-2009, 09:14 AM
they needs to create thel situation to warrant bret showing up.perhaps if shawn/dx turned heel and started to decimate the hart dynasty beating all of them into a bloody mess over and over. Then bret could show up with anvil and give shawn and hunter a beatdown of their lives.

Jura
09-26-2009, 11:37 PM
they needs to create thel situation to warrant bret showing up.perhaps if shawn/dx turned heel and started to decimate the hart dynasty beating all of them into a bloody mess over and over. Then bret could show up with anvil and give shawn and hunter a beatdown of their lives.

No, they're gonna keep selling DX shit to the kiddies.

Mr. Nerfect
09-28-2009, 08:57 AM
This would be awesome, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

If Bret were to return, the only logical thing for him to do is to interact with The Hart Dynasty in some fashion. In my ideal world, Bret would return as a Guest Host of RAW, and then book D-Generation X vs. The Hart Dynasty as the main event. Triple H, however, is found beaten and bloody in the back, and Hart then walks up to HBK with a sly smile on his face and says that HBK will face to face David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd alone.

Shawn Michaels then wrestles them to the best of his ability (in what would no doubt be one of the more entertaining Handicap Matches in recent memory), but they set the pace, dominate Shawn, and then hit a stream of finishing moves, before finishing him off with a Hart Attack. After the match, DH Smith, TJ Kidd and Natalya all start kicking the crap out of HBK. Bret Hart then walks down to the ring, and puts HBK in a Sharpshooter for old time's sake.

Bret can then tell us all to watch SmackDown!, because The Hart Dynasty is taking over there. Then if Bret does want a weekly job, while I wouldn't call him The Hart Dynasty's "manager," he can appear on-air in an associated role with them. He'd be their "trainer" and "coach."

Maybe DX could even win the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship, and then The Hart Dynasty could challenge them and even win the belts? The WWE are pretty desperate to create new stars, and David Hart Smith is 22 years old and already very good; while Tyson Kidd is also young and very talented. Why not go with them?

The MAC
09-28-2009, 11:16 AM
noid thats a dumb idea cus it would turn bret heel. It would be a waste of the biggest comeback since lazarus rose from the dead

CSL
09-28-2009, 11:23 AM

As much as I love Bret Hart, that would be the funniest thing of all time. I can picture Trips and Vince almost crying laughing whilst planning it.

Loose Cannon
09-28-2009, 03:17 PM

LOL. Tremendous.

only if Buff Bagwell appears on camera and goes "WE GOT HIM AGAIN" like he did after the Finger poke of doom to Goldberg :lol:

The MAC
09-28-2009, 03:35 PM
if that were to happen in canada the riot that ensues will end the lives of vince, shawn and hhh.

thedamndest
09-28-2009, 03:40 PM
8-year-olds tend to tucker out pretty quickly in a riot.

Loose Cannon
09-28-2009, 03:46 PM
they should do it in Calgary

Gerard
09-28-2009, 03:59 PM
It actually sounds convincing to an extent especially when they mentioned the mcmahon vs god thing, i remember wwe.com had some last minute update of mcmahon having an "ephinany" and things being changed for the match.

The Mackem
09-29-2009, 10:26 AM
I think you have a Michaels/Hart altercation that results in the near death of both. The Undertaker comes down and says they are both dead in his eyes and makes a Legacy (representing Michaels) versus Hart Dynasty (Bret Hart) tag match at the PPV. This of course leads to Hardcore Holly returning costing Cody Rhodes the match and infuriating Shawn Michaels. Hart says something like he didn't care about the Montreal Screwjob and it was all an elaborate plot to help Holly's career. He leaves but not before giving Holly his glasses in the ultimate sign of respect. This of course leads to Michaels retirement at WM match with Holly against an Undertaker sanctioned to fight Shawn Michaels. Holly wins but Michaels shows respect and effectively passes the torch. Michaels uses half of the following Raw to put over how much of an influence Holly was on his life.

That's the logical angle anyway but you know how the crazy WWE works.

Loose Cannon
09-29-2009, 11:50 AM
LOL the glasses

The MAC
09-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Then shannon moore comes out and end the undertakers wm streak :shifty:

The MAC
10-01-2009, 12:21 PM
jR keeps blogging about bret and its not this "bret and wwe will probably never happen" type comments anymore. I have a feeling we could see a short program where bret gets his revenge and apology from WWe. Also a proper farewell speech

Xero
10-01-2009, 12:27 PM
In reality, I can't see him doing anything related to the screw job or Michaels. Anything else is fair game, though.

Sixx
10-01-2009, 03:36 PM
It'd be funny if it turned out he only wants to get back to get revenge. Like coming to a live show and ruining it by shooting on Vince and maybe legitly attacking HBK.

Sixx
10-01-2009, 03:37 PM
And judging how psycho he is these days, that is a possibility.

Xero
10-01-2009, 04:59 PM
It'd be hilarious if he cut a promo about how everything was a work and that everyone who believed it were a bunch of marks.

This would have been amazing in Montreal.