PDA

View Full Version : Zack Ryder/ECW

EDWARD
09-23-2009, 10:12 PM
i'm kinda actually dissappointed with last nights ecw result. i was really looking forward to zack ryder winning the ecw title and begin a new rivalry with christian. not that christian isnt a good champion, but, personally, i dont like william regal and i didnt want to see that last night.

on while we're on the subject, i hate it that wwe has destroyed the sanctity of the ecw title!

:nono:
come on now

Juan
09-23-2009, 10:14 PM
*sigh*

thedamndest
09-23-2009, 10:16 PM
No es bueno.

Juan
09-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Next you're gonna tell me you hate John Cena and the PG era.

Oh and that you miss real tag teams in WWE, can't forget that one.

thecc
09-23-2009, 10:18 PM
When are the Briscoes coming back?

Whoops, wrong forum.

thedamndest
09-23-2009, 10:19 PM
There are too many belts.

Juan
There are too many belts.

That's a good one too.

EDWARD
well now that you mention it...

...i kinda like the pg era
...i dont like john cena
...and the tag teams nowadays impress me a whole lot!:yes:

Afterlife
09-23-2009, 10:22 PM
I think the Ryder/Xian match was fantastic.

EDWARD
09-23-2009, 10:23 PM

the match was good, i was just hoping that ryder would win

Kami Raki
09-24-2009, 12:51 AM
i'm kinda actually dissappointed with last nights ecw result. i was really looking forward to zack ryder winning the ecw title and begin a new rivalry with christian. not that christian isnt a good champion, but, personally, i dont like william regal and i didnt want to see that last night.

on while we're on the subject, i hate it that wwe has destroyed the sanctity of the ecw title!

:nono:
come on nowThe fact that you and the WWE calls it the "ECW title" has destroyed it's sanctity. That belt stopped having meaning when Vince bought the remains of ECW.

thecc
09-24-2009, 12:53 AM
The fact that you and the WWE calls it the "ECW title" has destroyed it's sanctity. That belt stopped having meaning when Vince bought the remains of ECW.The belt lost its meaning when Justin Incredible held it.

Kami Raki
09-24-2009, 01:21 AM
The belt lost its meaning when Justin Incredible held it.
He ain't a bad worker.......but I see your point.

The Jayman
09-24-2009, 08:31 AM

XL
09-24-2009, 09:28 AM
There was no way Ryder was gonna win the belt. However, he has shown that he can hang with the champ and hopefully that should put him in good stead to get another shot at the HiaC PPV.

Supreme Olajuwon
09-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Next you're gonna tell me you hate John Cena and the PG era.

Oh and that you miss real tag teams in WWE, can't forget that one.
This ECW is not as good as the other ECW

Gertner
09-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Ryder losing to Shelton and Yoshi in back to back weeks and then winning the ECW title the next would have been stupid. They need to build him up more.

Anybody Thrilla
09-24-2009, 12:43 PM
That match was pretty awesome, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Gertner
09-24-2009, 12:44 PM
The match was pretty friggen sweet. Ryder is tremendous.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Ryder is tremendous. This match was designed to give him a crack at a big match and see how he does. He did well, so I hope to see Ryder's momentum continue. Also, Christian defending the ECW Title is such a good match fleshes out his reign a bit, so that the WWE can eventually switch the belt to Regal without Christian's reign feeling like fluff.

Also, I still believe that William Regal is like the best performer in the WWE. The stuff he does is just brilliant. The man definitely deserves a run with the ECW Title. I'm actually thinking they might do something like Christian, Tommy Dreamer & Goldust vs. William Regal, Vladimir Kozlov & Ezekiel Jackson at the Hell in a Cell PPV, though. Make Zack Ryder the Special Guest Referee.

Triple Naitch
09-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Who's to say maybe it will be a triple threat at Hell in a Cell?

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Who's to say maybe it will be a triple threat at Hell in a Cell?

That could be good. But don't we already have a Triple Threat between Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger and The Miz for the United States Title? I don't think we need too many Triple Threats on one show.

Actually, come to think of it, I can so see a WWE PPV called "WWE Triple Threat" where all the matches are Three-Way variants.

Afterlife
09-24-2009, 04:59 PM
SHUT UP, NOID!

Fignuts
09-24-2009, 05:00 PM
lol

justin incredible

screech
09-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Regal doesn't deserve the ECW title.

screech
09-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Regal stinks.

Leonard Washington
09-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Regal doesn't deserve the ECW title.

Regal stinks.

Why did this have to be two posts?

Ryder will eventually get the belt. You Know It Bro!

EDWARD
09-24-2009, 05:21 PM
leonard washington and screech, i agree with you both!!

regal sux and ryder's time is coming!

WOO! WOO! WOO!

screech
09-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Why did this have to be two posts?

Didn't feel like editing.

Juan
09-24-2009, 06:36 PM
I can understand not being a fan of Regal's, but to say he "sucks" is completely incorrect.

screech
09-24-2009, 06:46 PM
To clarify my earlier post: I find William Regal to be incredibly boring as a wrestler. I would, however, like him if he went back to being General Manager.

Juan
09-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Not a fan of technical wrestling?

screech
09-24-2009, 06:48 PM
I am a fan of technical wrestling. For some reason, though, I have never been a fan of Regal as a wrestler.

It's probably more his character than anything, really.

Afterlife
09-24-2009, 07:26 PM
I like Regal. Therefor, Screech is wrong.

Afterlife
09-24-2009, 07:27 PM
:wave:

screech
09-24-2009, 07:30 PM
I did not appreciate that, Afterlife.

EDWARD
09-24-2009, 08:45 PM
I can understand not being a fan of Regal's, but to say he "sucks" is completely incorrect.

OK i admit saying he sux was wrong, i really do dislike regal

DAMN iNATOR
09-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Ryder is tremendous. This match was designed to give him a crack at a big match and see how he does. He did well, so I hope to see Ryder's momentum continue. Also, Christian defending the ECW Title is such a good match fleshes out his reign a bit, so that the WWE can eventually switch the belt to Regal without Christian's reign feeling like fluff.

Also, I still believe that William Regal is like the best performer in the WWE. The stuff he does is just brilliant. The man definitely deserves a run with the ECW Title. I'm actually thinking they might do something like Christian, Tommy Dreamer & Goldust vs. William Regal, Vladimir Kozlov & Ezekiel Jackson at the Hell in a Cell PPV, though. Make Zack Ryder the Special Guest Referee.

Probably won't happen, but I thought of the possiblity of an Armageddon Hell In A Cell match--Christian © v. Shelton v. Regal v. Tatsu v. Sheamus v. Ryder or something. But that's just my "dream match-up", since there are so many guys other than Ryder, Regal and Dreamer in ECW who are just as deserving of a title shot as anyone else.

FourFifty
09-25-2009, 11:16 PM
I am a fan of technical wrestling. For some reason, though, I have never been a fan of Regal as a wrestler.

It's probably more his character than anything, really.

To clarify my earlier post: I find William Regal to be incredibly boring as a wrestler. I would, however, like him if he went back to being General Manager.

Wait, What?
You would like him as a General Manager, in a non-wrestling role, however you do not like his character?
:wtf:

Mogadishu
09-26-2009, 03:08 AM

It's just too bad that some of the WWE's greatest matches and best feuds, are now on shows that hardly ANYONE watches.

When will the WWE wake up?....or atleast attempt to get rid of the backstage politics?

The WWE will NEVER get better as long as promising young talents from ECW and Smackdown are shipped to RAW, only to get ultimately buried. As a result of these inevitable turnovers of young talent, both ECW and Smackdown are destined to be continuous "works in progress"...and as result, will never progress beyond that. RAW on the other hand, will inevitably remain stale due to the main-event bottleneck consisting of 3 of the following 4: Cena, HHH, Batista, Orton.

Mr. Nerfect
09-26-2009, 03:19 AM
Probably won't happen, but I thought of the possiblity of an Armageddon Hell In A Cell match--Christian © v. Shelton v. Regal v. Tatsu v. Sheamus v. Ryder or something. But that's just my "dream match-up", since there are so many guys other than Ryder, Regal and Dreamer in ECW who are just as deserving of a title shot as anyone else.

This would be a very cool match. If I were to pick six guys for it, though, I'd have to go with the following:

Christian - Obvious choice, the ECW Champion. Duh.
William Regal - He still seems like Christian's primary challenger.
Zack Ryder - He has passed all the tests, I think. Ryder would make a great challenger for the ECW Title.
Tommy Dreamer - He's a former ECW Champion, and "The Heart and Soul of ECW."
Goldust - Just listen to the fans. This guy is over, and the fans want to see him make a run at the ECW Title.
Yoshi Tatsu - He is very new to the WWE, but it would make sense including him. He has been winning most of his matches, and defeated Zack Ryder on the night he became the #1 Contender.

Let William Regal win the ECW Title when he pins Tommy Dreamer amidst the chaos of the match.

Afterlife
09-26-2009, 03:43 AM
Is it just me, or does ECW seem to be splitting into two very high-octane stables?

Skippord
09-26-2009, 06:05 AM
Goldust for ECW champion

that would look silly with the big silver belt on a gold man

Mr. Nerfect
09-27-2009, 03:15 AM
Goldust for ECW champion

that would look silly with the big silver belt on a gold man

I also love the idea of "The Gold Standard," a man obsessed with "winning gold" being a possible ECW Champion.

Afterlife
09-27-2009, 04:19 AM
I also love the idea of "The Gold Standard," a man obsessed with "winning gold" being a possible ECW Champion.

I don't.