PDA

View Full Version : Could Punk be the one to lead a "Holier than thou" stable?

Rollermacka
09-27-2009, 03:12 PM
I was looking over some of the past posts, from the idea of bringing back more stables, to Punk getting some "back up" and I know it has been tried before but do you think that Punk could be the person that can have a "I know what's best for you" heel gimmick and possibly lead a straight edge stable?

Kami Raki
09-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Who can they pair with him though?

GD
09-27-2009, 03:50 PM
He could have so totally added Brock in his stable if he was around cause this one time I was watching this Brock DVD...he was like "I wouldn't be here if I didn't feel like #1" and that's holier as fuck IMO. Just saying.

Rollermacka
09-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Who can they pair with him though?

I was kinda thinking maybe they could look into having Jimmy Wang Yang, and Charlie Hass who are talented wrestlers who are "tired of being jokes", but I cant really think of any decient super heavyweights that could be the muscle that can have that "I dont need steroids to be strong" gimmick going.

Waylander
09-27-2009, 04:14 PM
how about HBK, the holier than thou thing could work in 2 ways ;)

Waylander
09-27-2009, 04:17 PM
I know its pointless saying but if I was picking the team members I'd have Danielson and McGuinness when they eventually join. And maybe Hero if he really has joined.
The team would be sweet for so many reasons, first they all could pass as 'clean' where as people might question if Batista joined the team. Plus they're all fine wrestlers, any one of them good drag a match out of Hornswoggle himself, something Chavo didn't manage to do (who's the retard now?). And finally and obviously, they're all RoH guys, so to see a Ring of Honor invasion would be beyond sweet.

Juan
09-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Another stable thread??

CSL
09-27-2009, 04:52 PM
I told myself when I saw Juan had replied on the main page that if he mentions fantasy booking in his post, I'm gonna post a picture of The Bushwhackers. God dammit.

Juan
09-27-2009, 04:53 PM
I threw you a curve-ball.

CSL
09-27-2009, 04:55 PM
You are very, very sneaky

thedamndest
09-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Is God still on the Raw roster?

Swiss Ultimate
09-27-2009, 05:23 PM
I can see Punk doing a Ravenesque style stable where he kind of collects a hodgepodge of wrestlers and sort of just turns them into weird versions of himself.

C.M. Punk w/ Kane, Ziggler and Benjamin and Haas. It'd be so weird to see but would be great in a Flock/Nest scenario.

Fignuts
09-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Is God still on the Raw roster?

Nah, god is one half of the tag team champions with big show on smackdown.

Swiss Ultimate
09-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Nah, god is one half of the tag team champions with big show on smackdown.

That'd be a demotion for Jericho.

Rollermacka
09-27-2009, 09:19 PM
You know what would be interesting, somebody said that they missed the old asian mercenaries Tenryu and The Great Kabuki (I think it was everybody's old buddy Noid :shifty:) what if they went with Low Ki, then have Cyber Kong and Takeshi Morishima as the muscle (both of them wouldnt be the conventional bodyguards but it would be interesting)? I dont think that it would work because I dont see Cyber Kong going to the WWE, and I think I read somewhere that Vince dosent like Morishima in any way shape or form.

CSL
09-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Morishima looks ridiculous

Fignuts
09-28-2009, 02:17 AM
Rollermacka, that is a terrible terrible idea.

Terrible.

Mr. Nerfect
09-28-2009, 02:29 AM
If I were to give CM Punk a stable, I would probably go with:

Drew McIntyre - Pass him off as a student of The Blue Bloods like CM Punk was. Perhaps McIntyre could have met Punk as Punk was finishing his training, and McIntyre was beginning his? McIntyre could also talk about having an alcoholic father or something, and this could connect him to Punk's "mission."

Nigel "*whatever name the WWE gives him*" McGuinness - He can talk, he can wrestle, but he'd be new. McGuinness could be passed off as a former training partner of Punk.

Kaval - Punk's "hired gun" and close confidant. Punk could claim that he trained with him in the martial arts, and Kaval has the discipline that no other man except for Punk has (in Punk's own mind) -- to be able to block out alcohol and drugs because of his focus.

Festus Dalton - The more I think about it, the more I think that Festus losing his "meds" and becoming loyal to Punk's cause would be pretty cool. He just shouldn't be the focus of the group. This can evolve his character forward, and he can feud with Slam Master J, or something.

Courtney Taylor - She's hot -- Punk should bang her.

I'm also becoming more and more curious of CM Punk sort of leading a "Corporation" type group. Maybe not under that name, but it's being implied that Vince McMahon wants to keep Punk as World Heavyweight Champion because of his reliability. Punk as a "Corporate Champion" could work. What this would do, though, is probably switch the group from being "straight-edge" themed, and make the alliances looser and more based around business.

I still think that Drew McIntyre would make a good member, as Vince has publically endorsed him as a "future World Heavyweight Champion." Kane could also join, and given Punk's feud with Taker it would make sense. For some reason, I think Funaki joining, playing up his loyalty to the WWE would be interesting. He'd be the heel whipping boy, but it'd be a new role for Funaki.

Fignuts
09-28-2009, 02:42 AM
Honestly, what the fuck are they waiting for with lo-ki?

Juan
09-28-2009, 02:47 AM
Last I heard he was injured. That was a few months ago though.

Skippord
09-28-2009, 02:50 AM
I like the name Kaval a lot and I'm not sure why exactly

Fignuts
09-28-2009, 03:44 AM
Maybe because it is like Kabal from mortal kombat. Kabal was awesome.

Skippord
09-28-2009, 04:12 AM
If he debuted with hookswords he'd be the best wrestler ever

Afterlife
09-28-2009, 05:21 AM
Respirator, not so much.

Anybody Thrilla
09-28-2009, 06:46 AM
I was kinda thinking maybe they could look into having Jimmy Wang Yang, and Charlie Hass who are talented wrestlers who are "tired of being jokes", but I cant really think of any decient super heavyweights that could be the muscle that can have that "I dont need steroids to be strong" gimmick going.

Mike Knox isn't doing much of note, and he doesn't look like he's on steroids either.

Londoner
09-28-2009, 07:42 AM
Another stable thread??

Bah gawd, not again! why damnit why!!

Anybody Thrilla
09-28-2009, 08:36 AM
NOT THIS WAY!

screech
09-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Courtney Taylor - She's hot -- Punk should bang her.

lol

Mr. Nerfect
09-28-2009, 09:51 AM
I've been thinking about this some, and I believe this is something that would greatly entertain me, at the very least:

I suggested earlier that CM Punk be the centrepiece of a Vince McMahon sponsored "Corporation" stable. The more I think about this, the more I really want to see it happen. It's already been implied that Vince was the one who was behind Teddy Long, Punk and Scott Armstrong screwing over Taker. Even before Punk fully turned heel, there was that backstage segment where Teddy properly introduced Vince to Punk, and Vince was impressed by Punk's ethics. Vince McMahon has every reason to want Punk to be his World Heavyweight Champion. He's not likely to embarrass the company by getting involved with drugs, he's arguably made Vince a bit of money through merchandise sales, and he's young enough to be considered not only the "present" of the company, but its "future," as well.

On SmackDown!, Vince also introduced us to Drew McIntyre, whom he "personally signed" and declared he would be a future World Heavyweight Champion. Vince has a reason to personally back both guys. Now, throw in Kane as Vince McMahon's "hitman," whose longetivity and credibility make him an obvious choice to be a hired gun for McMahon.

But if Vince really wants this group to work, wouldn't he give them an extra-boost? If Vince loves Punk so much, then I could see him doing something quite interesting for the Bragging Rights PPV: Why stop at Punk being the World Heavyweight Champion? What if Kane helps Punk retain the World Heavyweight Championship at Hell in a Cell in a similar fashion to how he debuted? The next night on RAW, Vince McMahon opens the show and announces that, yes, he is behind screwing The Undertaker, because he has found his permanent star -- CM Punk. But because Punk is the man to not only carry SmackDown!, but the entire WWE, he is going to give Punk the opportunity to become not only the World Heavyweight Champion, but the WWE Champion as well. For Bragging Rights, Vince McMahon announces John Cena vs. CM Punk for the WWE Championship -- and Punk's World Heavyweight Title WILL NOT be on the line. Vince also says that he will give Kane the opportunity to finally end his brother's legacy -- and also confirms Kane vs. The Undertaker for Bragging Rights.

Cena can then cut a promo where he shows a little arrogance, and openly states that he makes Vince McMahon more money than anyone, but if Vince wants to sell him out, that's fine, because ultimately what he truly cares about is the WWE Championship. He will defend his title against anybody, and it doesn't matter who gets in the way of him and his title -- he will knock them down. The Undertaker basically looks for revenge how he can; namely fighting his brother and trying to weaken Vince's forces.

Also at Hell in a Cell, you are likely to have D-Generation X win the Hell in a Cell against Legacy (after Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase put up a vicious fight), which should logically put them in line for a Unified WWE Tag Team Title shot against Chris Jericho & Big Show, who could retain against Batista & Rey Mysterio. After Rey Mysterio spends an ungodly time isolated by Jericho & Show, and ultimately eats the pin in their match, Batista can turn on him with a Batista Bomb, and set up a fourth epic match for Bragging Rights.

Over the weeks, you can have Vince McMahon see "potential" in more guys. Jack Swagger seems like someone that Vince could really get behind. The Miz can eat the pin at Hell in a Cell, and Vince can give Swagger a one-on-one opportunity at the United States Championship. On ECW, Vince can tell Christian that he just doesn't see a star in him, and puts him against someone on ECW that he does like. I'm tempted to say William Regal, overriding Tiffany's order that Regal doesn't get another title shot, but it could be someone else. Even Sheamus, or someone. That match would also take place at Bragging Rights.

Fill out of the rest of the card with an IC Title match. Ziggler can still be challenging, while Drew McIntyre gets given a title shot, but Theodore Long adds R-Truth who is feuding with Drew. Because Legacy will likely be somewhere, put them in a six-man tag team match against MVP, Mark Henry and another face. Evan Bourne could develop heat with them and end up on the face side?

Imagine the following card:

WWE Championship
John Cena (c) vs. World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk

Unified WWE Tag Team Championship
Chris Jericho & Big Show (c) vs. D-Generation X

The Undertaker vs. Kane

Batista vs. Rey Mysterio

Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase vs. MVP, Mark Henry & Evan Bourne

ECW Championship
Christian (c) vs. William Regal or Sheamus

WWE United States Championship
Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Jack Swagger

WWE Intercontinental Championship
John Morrison (c) vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. R-Truth

It'd freshen things up a fair bit. It at least looks good from a "sports entertainment" perspective, and truthfully, the matches would be pretty good.

If you want to know how I'd book it: Dolph Ziggler wins the IC Title when he pins R-Truth, which allows Morrison to chase the title. Swagger defeats Kingston to become the new US Champion. Christian proves that he does have star potential, and he defeats whoever he is defending against (I think Regal would be the better choice). The faces look good against Legacy, but Brett DiBiase shows up and costs them the match, which allows Ted to get the pin, and we get some drama as to whether or not Brett will be allowed into Legacy, and we potentially see the rifts start between the group. Batista defeats Rey Mysterio cleanly, to get his heel push off to a good start. Kane manages to beat The Undertaker when Drew McIntyre redeems himself for not winning hte IC Title earlier, and hits Taker with a steel chair or something, allowing Kane to get a few Tombstones in on Taker. DX win the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship, and are set up as potentially being the biggest thorn in Vince McMahon's side. The Undertaker shows up during the main event to make sure that Punk doesn't become Vince's "Corporate Champion," and costs Punk the match against Cena.

Triple Naitch
09-28-2009, 12:10 PM
That's probably the best/most realistic PPV idea Noid has posted. I hope it turns out like that.

Dave Youell
09-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Who should be in the stable, that would make an impact, who doesn't have anything from creative through fear currently?

Matt Hardy.

Have him shoot on his Brother and become a straight edge guy, thus distancing himself from the current issues with Jeff and elevating himself

Is it ANOTHER turn for him? Yes, would it/could it work? Possibly

I'd also be all for Morrison joining up

Miz is a good shout as well IMO

We need more pricks in the business dammit

screech
09-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Noid has been on a roll lately.

screech
09-28-2009, 02:37 PM
We need more pricks in the business dammit

:y:

J Dogg Funk
09-28-2009, 05:27 PM
I've been thinking about this some, and I believe this is something that would greatly entertain me, at the very least:

If you want to know how I'd book it: Dolph Ziggler wins the IC Title when he pins R-Truth, which allows Morrison to chase the title. Swagger defeats Kingston to become the new US Champion. Christian proves that he does have star potential, and he defeats whoever he is defending against (I think Regal would be the better choice). The faces look good against Legacy, but Brett DiBiase shows up and costs them the match, which allows Ted to get the pin, and we get some drama as to whether or not Brett will be allowed into Legacy, and we potentially see the rifts start between the group. Batista defeats Rey Mysterio cleanly, to get his heel push off to a good start. Kane manages to beat The Undertaker when Drew McIntyre redeems himself for not winning hte IC Title earlier, and hits Taker with a steel chair or something, allowing Kane to get a few Tombstones in on Taker. DX win the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship, and are set up as potentially being the biggest thorn in Vince McMahon's side. The Undertaker shows up during the main event to make sure that Punk doesn't become Vince's "Corporate Champion," and costs Punk the match against Cena.

A fantistic idea and PPV it would be. But his is the WWE so it probably won't happen. Very unfortunate how the WWE just comes up with crappy story after crappy story. What was the last story line that you actually went out of your way to watch and follow. I mean really, if you did not watch the WWE for the last 6 months and turned on Raw tonight, have your missed anything? or not understood what is happening?

parkmania
09-28-2009, 07:49 PM
I really don't wanna see Ray Mastrio at Bragging Rights.

I'm sorry, I just don't. It'll ruin my entire night at the Arena.

Juan
09-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Even if he has an awesome match like he did with Jericho or Ziggler or Morrison?

CSL
09-28-2009, 08:35 PM
I really don't wanna see Ray Mastrio at Bragging Rights.

I'm sorry, I just don't. It'll ruin my entire night at the Arena.

If I could insert a huge rolling eyes emoticon here, I would. Can't find one big enough though.

Gertner
09-28-2009, 10:48 PM
This thread gives me a headache.