PDA

View Full Version : WTF??

Blue Demon
04-06-2004, 08:04 AM
Why is WWE changing everyone's homw town now?? Gail Kim is from Korea now, Jericho is from New York and Benoit is from Atlanta?? What's going on?

Mister Sinister
04-06-2004, 08:11 AM
Why is WWE changing everyone's homw town now?? Gail Kim is from Korea now, Jericho is from New York and Benoit is from Atlanta?? What's going on?

I guess they are ultimately, trying to make all the Canadians, non Canadians?

blueskies
04-06-2004, 08:16 AM
lol.. funny..
but really, is it that big a deal?

Mister Sinister
04-06-2004, 09:31 AM
I wonder when they actually start announcing where Edge is from, if it will be Toronto, or Tampa now....BTW, has Test, Christians and Trish's hometown changed yet?

The Mackem
04-06-2004, 09:38 AM
The Mountie is from Minnesota.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-06-2004, 09:58 AM
Christian's hometown is announced as Tampa I believe.

SuperSlim
04-06-2004, 10:07 AM
I guess they're tryin to kick Canada out of the WWE

Shaggy
04-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Yea I noticed that last night about Jericho and Beniot. That was the first time noticed it about beniot. It sucks they must be trying to keep Canada down.

Elements
04-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Or maybe it is leading to another "Team Canada" angle.

Mister Sinister
04-06-2004, 12:40 PM
As much as I love a possible Team Canada thing, and I love it, because I am canadian and all, but hasn't it been played out a little too much, Oh God, You know Hell is going to freeze over when they announce Lance Storm from a place, other then...Calgary...

Alberta, Canada

El Santo
04-06-2004, 12:50 PM
Don't forget that La Resistance is now from Quebec.

Dammit. At this rate, we're going to find out Eugene is from Hamilton, Ontario.

KingofOldSchool
04-06-2004, 01:37 PM
Hahahaha all the jobbers will start being billed from Canada.

Hailing from Calgary, Alberta, Canada....SPIKE DUDLEY!

Bazooka
04-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Yea I noticed that last night about Jericho and Beniot. That was the first time noticed it about beniot. It sucks they must be trying to keep Canada down.
Benoit's hometown changed at wrestlemania, which sucked.

PoisonIvy
04-06-2004, 01:55 PM
Lance Storm will soon be from Birmingham, Alabama

The CyNick
04-06-2004, 01:58 PM
I guess if you are Canadian, it means you are evil.

I guess the WWE is trying to kill off their most loyal market outside NYC

Kane Knight
04-06-2004, 02:04 PM
I guess if you are Canadian, it means you are evil.
Just like real life...:shifty:

Blue Demon
04-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Damn, I guess I'm Evil...I guess being French is ok...oh wait, that means I'm evil too according to WWE. I'm also part German, so I'm safe...oh wait...Karl Von Hess was in WWE too....damn :nono:

tucsonspeed6
04-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Last night they said Rob Conway was from Quebec City, Quebec. I don't know if they said that was where he's from before or if it's part of his character (Can't be French so he becomes French-Canadian....?) But they were always hyping him up to be a US citizen who was a french sympathizer.

BTW, the crowd was chanting "USA" again last night durring the match between Rob Conway and Chris Benoit. (confusing?). I'm just going to assume that it's a taunt against La Resistance to irritate them, rather than a cheer for the face they are booked with, because this has happened a couple times before now too.

Kane Knight
04-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Damn, I guess I'm Evil...I guess being French is ok...oh wait, that means I'm evil too according to WWE. I'm also part German, so I'm safe...oh wait...Karl Von Hess was in WWE too....damn :nono:
Well, the French and German were both against going into Iraq, making them evil...

The Show Off
04-06-2004, 07:27 PM
They're all changing there hometowns because Jericho & Benoit don't live in Canada anymore. The WWE superstars are announced from where ever they want to be announced from. Ric Flair about twenty years ago decided that he wanted to be announced as from Greensborough North Carolina, yet he's from Minnesota. I'm guessing the fact that Jericho lives in New York now has gotten him some loyalty for his new hometown. If they announced "Born in Atlanta, Georgia, Chris Benoit!" then I think it'd be stupid, but saying that he's from Georgia is correct because he lives there.

Hardkore Kidd J
04-06-2004, 07:28 PM
I guess they are ultimately, trying to make all the Canadians, non Canadians?

I would have agreed with you but Christian and Trish were both announced as being from Canada. :wtf:

Blue Demon
04-06-2004, 09:28 PM
I just remembered...they also announced Nidia as being from Puerto Rico

Hardkore Kidd J
04-06-2004, 09:43 PM
I wonder when they actually start announcing where Edge is from, if it will be Toronto, or Tampa now....BTW, has Test, Christians and Trish's hometown changed yet?

DOn't think Christian or Test. Because I heard Edmonton Alberta Canada last night I swear for them.

Mister Sinister
04-06-2004, 10:37 PM
DOn't think Christian or Test. Because I heard Edmonton Alberta Canada last night I swear for them.

Great, if that is the case, now they are just getting them wrong....

Also, As far as Conway being announced from Quebec, He's not consider french, since he was a French Sympother (Whatever the Hell that is) I guess if he is that, Quebec would be the next best place to announce him from, besides French, or Mustardville

Hired Hitman
04-07-2004, 09:33 AM
It's apart of the 'shake-up' Wrestlers not only change shows, but hometowns as well... :shifty: