PDA

View Full Version : I wish Edge had another briefcase

thedamndest
10-15-2009, 09:44 PM
I would mark the fuck out if his music hit at the end of a PPV and he pinned the champion for his comeback.

screech
10-15-2009, 09:46 PM
It would be awesome.

Xero
10-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Here's an interesting idea for Mania...

Have Christian win the MITB as a face. Go through the main event, and have him come out. Have him declare that he spoke with someone and that he has handed the contract over. Cue Edge's music and a reunited Edge and Christian. Edge wins the title in Hogan, Mania 9-like fashion, only, you know, people care.

In order for this to work PROPERLY (they have to be heel, I know it goes against what's actually coming) Christian has to win the other title within two months.

Then you have both Edge and Christian appearing on BOTH shows, as world champions.

Mr. Nerfect
10-16-2009, 02:21 AM
Here's an interesting idea for Mania...

Have Christian win the MITB as a face. Go through the main event, and have him come out. Have him declare that he spoke with someone and that he has handed the contract over. Cue Edge's music and a reunited Edge and Christian. Edge wins the title in Hogan, Mania 9-like fashion, only, you know, people care.

In order for this to work PROPERLY (they have to be heel, I know it goes against what's actually coming) Christian has to win the other title within two months.

Then you have both Edge and Christian appearing on BOTH shows, as world champions.

Why would Christian just hand the briefcase he won over to Edge?

Waylander
10-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Wouldn't it make more sense to have Edge come back as the mystery 6th/8th participant in the money in the bank match, have him win it then win the title later in the show without having it handed to him by his bro.

The Jayman
10-16-2009, 08:27 AM
The Peeps would be furious if Christian just handed the briefcase over

Nicky Fives
10-16-2009, 09:16 AM
The Peeps would be furious if Christian just handed the briefcase over

Most Peeps are Edgeheads as well, and may not care about who wins, as it will be guaranteed to reek of awesomeness

The Jayman
10-16-2009, 09:24 AM
You do have a point there Mr. 55555

Nicky Fives
10-16-2009, 10:00 PM
You do have a point there Mr. 55555

Even I hit one out of the park eventually ;)

Xero
10-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Why would Christian just hand the briefcase he won over to Edge?

It brings Edge and Christian back together, that's my point. Maybe there's a "greater plan" for it all. A stable maybe.

I didn't think it all the way through and Noid Post it.

Swiss Ultimate
10-16-2009, 10:09 PM
I want to see someone lose their MITB Cash-in match.

Mr. Nerfect
10-16-2009, 10:30 PM
It brings Edge and Christian back together, that's my point. Maybe there's a "greater plan" for it all. A stable maybe.

I didn't think it all the way through and Noid Post it.

I want Edge & Christian back together, but I dunno why Christian would give away what is essentially a guaranteed World Title.

Mr. Nerfect
10-16-2009, 10:33 PM
I want to see someone lose their MITB Cash-in match.

I don't. What MITB essentially does is that it puts control over the World Title match in the hands of the challenger. There is no reason that a guy should blunder his title opportunity. They should cash it in when they are at their best. If someone is not good enough to win their MITB title shot, then they shouldn't be good enough to win another title shot.

Kane Knight
10-16-2009, 10:39 PM
I wish they had another idea instead of that kind of rehash.

thedamndest
10-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Raw's first half hour should be Edge interrupting/winning matches.

Kane Knight
10-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Raw's first half hour should be Edge interrupting/winning matches.

Aha. I get it now. You're trying to clinch Smackdown as the superior show....

thedamndest
10-17-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm afraid I don't even know what to say to a man who isn't blinded by IWC love for Edge. This is a baffling situation.

Blakeamus
10-17-2009, 01:20 PM
I would like to see Christian win MITB and cash it in for the Unified titles w/ his surprise partner being Edge of course.

redoneja
10-17-2009, 02:55 PM
I think it'd be interesting if whoever won money in the bank became champion through earning a regular title shot. Or if they cashed it in on a tag title match. Or if they cashed it in to join the main event at wrestlemania instead of jumping the winner afterwards. I guess I'd be for something different than the same storyline it has been for the last 4 years.

Sixx
10-17-2009, 02:57 PM
So they get $100,000 in the briefcase?

It would be cool if someone would just say "Fuck the shiny belts, I want a Harley" and would not cash it in, but just spend.

Mr. Nerfect
10-18-2009, 10:04 AM
I would like to see Christian win MITB and cash it in for the Unified titles w/ his surprise partner being Edge of course.

See, that one isn't exactly a bad idea. The MITB winner has been said to be able to challenge for the WWE Championship, World Heavyweight Championship or ECW Championship -- as they are the "World Titles," it makes the most sense for the MITB winner to challenge for them.

If a winner of the match made a case for themselves, though, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to challenge for the Unified WWE Tag Team Championships. Christian could cut a promo about how, to him, the Tag Team Championship is just as important as a singles World Title. Being Tag Team Champion in the WWE means that you are the best in the world at that style of wrestling. You have to share the glory with someone, but when that person is essentially your brother and the greatest ever -- one can make exceptions.

thedamndest
10-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Edge should cash in the Money in the Bank over in New Japan. That would catch them off guard.