PDA

View Full Version : I don't know about anyone else

Mr. Nerfect
10-16-2009, 09:13 AM
But I'd actually look forward to a Chris Jericho & Big Show vs. D-Generation X match for the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship. It feels like a big match, and Chris Jericho + Shawn Michaels = gold. Plus, I like the idea of Big Show tossing around HBK in a match.

DX would probably win the Tag Team Titles if they did challenge, but that actually wouldn't bother me too much. They could add star power to the other shows, and Shawn Michaels on the SmackDown! brand is something I've wanted to see for the longest time.

Am I alone?

Afterlife
10-16-2009, 09:33 AM
No.

But I'd also rather DX get schooled by Jerishow to make the E&C titles win at Mania that much bigger.

Lock Jaw
10-16-2009, 09:52 AM
I'd actually look forward to it as well, and I think it might be where we are headed.

Their match on Monday two weeks ago was actually pretty entertaining and felt like a "bigtime" match, if you know what I mean.

Innovator
10-16-2009, 09:57 AM
I'd be happy to see it. Just have Jericho and HBK go at it while Show and HHH stay outside the ring and thumbwar

The Jayman
10-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Yeah I agree with Innovator about seeing the Jericho/HBK side of this tag match

Waylander
10-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Aren't DX the only other high-profile tag team left? So yes I think it's a viable and workable option.

Their match on Raw last week was good, so stick it on a big stage like WrestleMania or Survivor Series (maybe not eh?) and you've got a money match.

Either way I'd much prefer to see it than a team like MVP/Henry challenging.

The F.B.I.
10-16-2009, 11:18 AM
I was looking forward to the Legacy and DX HIAC match just because I thought it could showcase and tell how much Rhodes and Dibiase have come to this point in their careers but that match really disappointed me and mostly stunk up the join in my opinion.

I agree that Jericho and HBK can steal the show one on one but when you add Hunter and Big Show to the match who don't have the greatest in ring skills and ability to pull the best spots in a match....I think you're left with just a mediocre match due to 2 good workers being paired with 2 medium workers...

I think it also depends on how the work up to the match is built and how much they can sell Jericho/Show being dominant to this point and showing how hungry DX can be to take the belts off of them...I think the build up has to be back and forth and not too onesided...

The build up to Legacy vs DX was horribly and made DX look weak in my opinion....but i'm not a big HHH mark so i guess we'll just have to sit back, watch, and see what happens.

If i had to guess we'll end up getting maybe a 2.5/3 star out of 5 star match between these teams and knowing WWE, they'll book DX over them even though I think Jericho could build more heat if they kept the belts.

The F.B.I.
10-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Also having only one set of tag team champions is a great blessing that WWE could use but they don't book it right....the champions are spending way too much time just to get over exposure on Raw in my opinion and I think there are teams on other brands that could be getting over and getting exposure by working with the champs...I wouldn't mind seeing a Christian/Yoshi Tatsu vs Jerishow or Hart Dynasty vs Jerishow for the titles.

Afterlife
10-16-2009, 11:28 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about this "The F.B.I." character.

Mr. Nerfect
10-16-2009, 11:43 AM
I like F.B.I. Got some thoughts in his head.

Maybe I'm the only one who is intrigued by this, but I think Big Show vs. Shawn Michaels is an interesting dynamic the WWE has not yet overused. Triple H vs. Jericho and Triple H vs. Show are a lot less interesting, but so is anything Triple H really does these days. I still think that there is potential there, though.

The way I hope things go: Big Show turns on Team RAW, and gives Team SmackDown! the big win at Bragging Rights. Show can Chokeslam Shawn Michaels, which allows Chris Jericho to get the pin, or something. I feel like Jericho has sort of regressed in relevance a bit, and is a bit of a "coward" and not the credible force he was last year when he became "Superstar of the Year." Winning this match for SmackDown! would give Jericho another feather in his cap to brag about.

DX of course get pissed, remind JeriShow that they beat them a few weeks back, and we get a match at Survivor Series. Now that I think about it, as I would like to see Shawn Michaels win the WWE Title at "TLC" (ew, I hate that name), DX should probably lose to JeriShow. Maybe a spot where HBK and Big Show hit the Sweet Chin Music/Knockout Punch at the same time, and Jericho then crawls on top of Michaels for the cover?

Triple H can be pissy that HBK is losing all their matches for them, which sows the tension for a potential WrestleMania match between the two. Jericho can get two more huge pins over HBK, which refreshes his credibility, and JeriShow can keep on going as the Unified WWE Tag Team Champions.

DX winning the Tag Titles wouldn't be so bad, though, because they'd eventually have to drop the belts to someone. The Hart Dynasty seems like a good pick right now.

Nicky Fives
10-16-2009, 04:10 PM
No.

But I'd also rather DX get schooled by Jerishow to make the E&C titles win at Mania that much bigger.

THIS!

Supreme Olajuwon
10-16-2009, 04:16 PM
I think I'd rather see Jericho and Edge have a singles feud than a tag team feud. Yeah E&C are great and I'd love to see them back together, but why rush to rehash old ideas when you have a perfectly good new idea just waiting to be had?