PDA

View Full Version : WWE Will be the next WCW

CWK
10-16-2009, 03:04 PM
You can already see it. The booking of the product has steadily been getting worse, they aren't making the new stars like they should.

Also, 2 of the 4 McMahon family members have quit in less than one month. With Stephanie being a mother of 2, and Vince 64 years old, what will the future hold?

I predict you will see more and more people that have no knowledge of professional wrestling, people who used to run banking companies, retail companies, etc. come in to run this big corporate wrestling company, they won't know anything about it, won't understand talent or anything else.

WWE will eventually become the next WCW and fail.

BigDaddyCool
10-16-2009, 03:06 PM
No...WWE will never be WCW, and TNA is the new WCW, with crappy booking.

Londoner
10-16-2009, 03:06 PM
I don't think it will fail, just will drag on and on for years doing the same old boring shit.

CWK
10-16-2009, 03:08 PM
I kind of get the feeling that people from the board of directors are beginning to force members of the McMahon familly out of the company. 2 McMahons in a month? Thats unreal. It would be hard to force out Vince since he is the company's largest individual shareholder. I believe he owns over 90% of the Class B stock.

BigDaddyCool
10-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Also Linda quiting doesn't mean anything. She never had anything to do with the product. And Shane had little to do with the product from my knowledge, he was more of getting contracts and tours and whatever. He was the logistics guy. So, there.

CWK
10-16-2009, 03:11 PM

Booking is crappy in TNA, very WCW like I will agree with you. But What I meant was that WCW was owned by AOL-Time Warner, so they were under this huge corporate banner, a publicly traded company, and WWE is a publicly owned company as well. TNA is not public, they don't have a board of directors who votes on people like the Chairman, The CEO, The CFO and others but WWE does. If the McMahons are forced out, and non-wrestling people start running the company, they will eventually fail.

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-16-2009, 03:12 PM
WWE is not going out of business any time soon lol.

Londoner
10-16-2009, 03:13 PM
How the fuck are the mcmahons being forced out? Its Vince's goddamn company.

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-16-2009, 03:14 PM
but as I've discussed before it's pretty obvious that their biggest competition is the ufc.

CWK
10-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Also Linda quiting doesn't mean anything. She never had anything to do with the product. And Shane had little to do with the product from my knowledge, he was more of getting contracts and tours and whatever. He was the logistics guy. So, there.

Linda was the Chief Executive Officer. That is the highest ranking position in any corporate company. She had everything to do with the product and the day to day running of the company. Are you saying that Linda had nothing to do with things like negotiations on MyNetworkTV, or SyFy, or WGN America? What about the product being PG rated? She has major involvement.

Londoner
10-16-2009, 03:19 PM
I do know its cause of Linda they went PG, she is a fucking bitch just for that.

CWK
10-16-2009, 03:20 PM
How the fuck are the mcmahons being forced out? Its Vince's goddamn company.

Its not Vince's company anymore. It truly hasn't been since they went public in the fall of 1999. Since it is publicly traded company on the stock market, there are many people that own a piece of WWE. The board of directors and other executives within the company always get company stock as part of their pay package, the more stock one has, the more powerful they are, and yes Vince has the most stock, but he is one person.

Londoner
10-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Its not Vince's company anymore. It truly hasn't been since they went public in the fall of 1999. Since it is publicly traded company on the stock market, there are many people that own a piece of WWE. The board of directors and other executives within the company always get company stock as part of their pay package, the more stock one has, the more powerful they are, and yes Vince has the most stock, but he is one person.

The mcmahons are not being 'forced out' though, some are choosing to move on from the sounds of it.

GD
10-16-2009, 03:24 PM
I agree with you but there is no way the WWE is going out business any soon.

CWK
10-16-2009, 03:25 PM
The mcmahons are not being 'forced out' though, some are choosing to move on from the sounds of it.

Yeah but I think you would agree with me that both Linda and Shane resigning in the span of one month is very, very, odd and fishy. Considering their amount of time with the company, and that they are both executives, its very weird.

Londoner
10-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Yeah but I think you would agree with me that both Linda and Shane resigning in the span of one month is very, very, odd and fishy. Considering their amount of time with the company, and that they are both executives, its very weird.

They've probably been discussing things as a family...dunno. It is abit odd though.

BigDaddyCool
10-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Besides for the G-TV, Linda had nothing to do with booking and the actual product.

Ermaximus
10-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Dude, the McMahons will never be forced out and even if they are, remember that the Levesque clan is right there behind them. You honestly think HHH would let that happen with as much pull as he has? Same goes for Taker. Either way, I don't see it going the WCW route in that sense. The shit booking however, yes I'll give you that, but TNA's booking is 100 times worse than the WWE booking.

CWK
10-16-2009, 03:31 PM
It could be very dangerous if the wrong people get involved in running that company. By numbers, WWE is not a very large company. They only did just over 500 million dollars in revenue in 2008 with profits of 45 million I believe. That is not alot of breathing room. Think of all the people that they travel in the company and all of the equipment, production costs, etc. Now think if the wrong people get involved in running the company, it can go to shit real fast.

WCW was on top of the world in 1998, and even part of 1999, and they were sold in 2001 for pretty much nothing. Thats how quick that company fell off the map. Non-wrestling people and wrestling people with no common sense (Vince Russo) is what killed it. Could be WWE someday

BigDaddyCool
10-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Shut up. You are retarded.

CWK
10-16-2009, 03:33 PM
They've probably been discussing things as a family...dunno. It is abit odd though.

Yeah now Vince and Stephanie are left, and Stephanie has a 1 year old, and a three year old, and her husband is a 40 year old broken down wrestler. Chances are excellent that she would leave. Vince is 64, he can't live forever.

Who's to say that the McMahons wouldn't just cash in their stock and run?

Ermaximus
10-16-2009, 03:34 PM
:shifty::shifty::shifty:

BigDaddyCool
10-16-2009, 03:35 PM
CWK....you realize there are plenty of women in the world that have children and work, right?

CWK
10-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Dude, the McMahons will never be forced out and even if they are, remember that the Levesque clan is right there behind them. You honestly think HHH would let that happen with as much pull as he has? Same goes for Taker. Either way, I don't see it going the WCW route in that sense. The shit booking however, yes I'll give you that, but TNA's booking is 100 times worse than the WWE booking.

I can assure you that people like Triple H and Undertaker have absolutely zero pull with people who vote on who their executives are going to be, which is what matters. The board of directors chooses who runs the company in the important executive positions. I would be willing to bet that there are some of the Board people that Triple H and Undertaker haven't even met.

CWK
10-16-2009, 03:38 PM
CWK....you realize there are plenty of women in the world that have children and work, right?

Of course, but you can't compare the average working woman with Stephanie McMahon, who has a 24/7 job. She is in charge of the creative writing part of the shows, so she directs all of the writers. She works all of the time.

Ermaximus
10-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Of course, but you can't compare the average working woman with Stephanie McMahon, who has a 24/7 job. She is in charge of the creative writing part of the shows, so she directs all of the writers. She works all of the time.

So you're saying that's why the writing sucks ass?

BigDaddyCool
10-16-2009, 03:41 PM

Like the McMahon's can't afford a nanny. You are retarded. Children have never stopped females from holding jobs like that.

Juan
This can't be a serious question...

CWK
So you're saying that's why the writing sucks ass?

Well she is in charge of all of the writers and next to Vince has the most pull on what gets shown on TV. You have to blame someone.

Haze
10-16-2009, 03:42 PM
It could be very dangerous if the wrong people get involved in running that company. By numbers, WWE is not a very large company. They only did just over 500 million dollars in revenue in 2008 with profits of 45 million I believe. That is not alot of breathing room. Think of all the people that they travel in the company and all of the equipment, production costs, etc. Now think if the wrong people get involved in running the company, it can go to shit real fast.

WCW was on top of the world in 1998, and even part of 1999, and they were sold in 2001 for pretty much nothing. Thats how quick that company fell off the map. Non-wrestling people and wrestling people with no common sense (Vince Russo) is what killed it. Could be WWE someday

What exactly is your definition of "pretty much nothing"?

Ermaximus
10-16-2009, 03:42 PM
This can't be a serious question...
I'm certain it is. Your thoughts sir?

BigDaddyCool
10-16-2009, 03:43 PM
CWK, eat a dick.

CWK
10-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Like the McMahon's can't afford a nanny. You are retarded. Children have never stopped females from holding jobs like that.

They have probably multiple nanny's now, what I am saying is that just maybe either Triple H or Stephanie may get bored with being away from their children all of the time and may want to step away from wrestling at some point to be more involved in their children's lives.

BigDaddyCool
10-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Nope.

Ermaximus
10-16-2009, 03:47 PM
They have probably multiple nanny's now, what I am saying is that just maybe either Triple H or Stephanie may get bored with being away from their children all of the time and may want to step away from wrestling at some point to be more involved in their children's lives.
Yeah, and Orton gets bored fucking Kelly Kelly. :roll:

CWK
What exactly is your definition of "pretty much nothing"?

I have heard 2.5 million dollars. Thats for everything, the video library, everything. Look at the Rise and Fall of WCW DVD, even Jericho said "when I heard what WWE paid for WCW, I wish I would have known because I would have tried to buy it because I could have afforded it."

It couldn't possibly been that much money that WWE paid to buy WCW.

Triple Naitch

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And wrestling goes through its ups and downs. It will right the ship eventually.

BigDaddyCool
Yeah, and Orton gets bored fucking Kelly Kelly. :roll:

I better she isn't very good in bed. But I get what you are saying.

CWK
10-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Nope.

You obviously don't have children.

Triple Naitch
10-16-2009, 03:49 PM
I have heard 2.5 million dollars. Thats for everything, the video library, everything. Look at the Rise and Fall of WCW DVD, even Jericho said "when I heard what WWE paid for WCW, I wish I would have known because I would have tried to buy it because I could have afforded it."

It couldn't possibly been that much money that WWE paid to buy WCW.

That's for the video library and stuff, but they also had to absorb wrestler and employee salaries. It probably wound up costing closer to 10 million.

BigDaddyCool
10-16-2009, 03:49 PM
If anything, I think once Vince is found dead in a hotel room (I can guarentee that is what will happen, he'll fall over dead still working) the WWE will slowly improve. The wrestling will get better, the storylines will be most conistant instead of just changing on his whims.

Ermaximus
10-16-2009, 03:51 PM
I better she isn't very good in bed. But I get what you are saying.

Glad someone does. I mean if you truly love doing something so much, why just up and say fuck it? I don't get it.

BigDaddyCool
10-16-2009, 03:51 PM
You obviously don't have children.

You obviously aren't a workaholic that wants money and power over time with you own family.

CWK
10-16-2009, 03:52 PM
If anything, I think once Vince is found dead in a hotel room (I can guarentee that is what will happen, he'll fall over dead still working) the WWE will slowly improve. The wrestling will get better, the storylines will be most conistant instead of just changing on his whims.

It will get worse. Nobody will be as dedicated to the product as Vince was. It would be nearly impossible to find someone who understands marketing, television, cable stations, the demanding lifestyle, and wrestling talent like he did to run the company all the while that person gives up their life like he has to run his business.

CWK
10-16-2009, 03:53 PM
You obviously aren't a workaholic that wants money and power over time with you own family.

Money isn't everything. Money can't replace bonding with your children. And I work plenty thank you.

CWK
10-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Glad someone does. I mean if you truly love doing something so much, why just up and say fuck it? I don't get it.

Talk about people in bed..... I bet Melina is an animal! Velvet Sky too. Gawd.

BigDaddyCool
10-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Money isn't everything. Money can't replace bonding with your children. And I work plenty thank you.

Stephany has proven to be a workaholic, not a mom. Quit trying to make her into something she isn't.

Ermaximus
10-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Talk about people in bed..... I bet Melina is an animal! Velvet Sky too. Gawd.

Ask Batista about Melina. Ask Hurricane about Velvet Sky.

CWK
10-16-2009, 04:02 PM
I wouln't bet against Vince getting less involved in the company in the coming years. He simply he won't be able to put in the hours as a 70 and 80 year old man. He is human like anyone else.

CWK
10-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Stephany has proven to be a workaholic, not a mom. Quit trying to make her into something she isn't.

I think you are wrong with that one, but ok, your opinion.

Steveviscious89
10-16-2009, 04:41 PM
The circumstances within the old WCW and the current WWE are different right now, but I do see what you are saying. WCW was, as I understand it, rather disorganized in terms of management and direction. WWE doesn't really have that problem. Their problem is the product, and selling it. WWE probably won't crash and burn like WCW, but it is possible that the company could face closing if the downward trend continues in the years to come. Crappy booking or not, TNA better do something fast because competition is the only thing that will keep the business alive any longer.

Kane Knight
10-16-2009, 05:04 PM
WWE should have already been the next WCW. I'm starting to think if it can survive all its prior follies, the only way the company will go down is if they start blowing little boys live on air while shooting steroids and heroin into their toes.

Sadly, they'd still get the "Smark" demographic.

CWK
10-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Linda and Shane leaving is a huge blow to the company.

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-16-2009, 06:18 PM
WWE should have already been the next WCW. I'm starting to think if it can survive all its prior follies, the only way the company will go down is if they start blowing little boys live on air while shooting steroids and heroin into their toes.

Sadly, they'd still get the "Smark" demographic.

As negative as you are, you are completely correct on all fronts. I don't know how the necrophilia story line didn't completely finish them.

Sovereigntywillpr
10-17-2009, 12:32 AM

Didn't vince only put something like 19% of the company on the public market, while it was at it's peek (and walked away with a lot of money and still had the control)

Who ever said that if they sell their stock and walk away could be on to something, what happens if there is another boom priod and vince decides to sell more of the stock to the point where HE CAN be forced out.

I think he could be forced out as is if they prove in court he isn't doing what's best for the holders but other than that happening or them selling more stock they mcmahon-levesque bloodline will rule.

I think Vince see's some of him self in Triple H... Affter seeing that youtube Triple H Tough Enough speech (which he clearly had rehearsed) I can see him in a leader ship role once he isn't wrestling and see's the tallent for their work rate as apposed to pushing the kiss ass's and friends.

By the way, I'm supprised Hogan or someone didn't buy WCW for the price (I'm pretty sure he got to collect that much money from his Turner contract affter vince got WCW till his turner contract expired)

I heard for most of the trademarks and name it was less than a million...It would be kinda cool if TNA or ROH had those trademarks, I think they'd be able to do something better with them if it fell in their hands as apposed to the E.

redoneja
10-17-2009, 03:06 PM
I think the change that WWE experiences when Vince stops being involved/dies will be roughly analogous to All Japan Pro Wrestling after Baba's death or, as time will tell, NOAH after Misawa's death.

Sixx
10-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Children have never stopped females from holding jobs like that.

Totally untrue.

Emperor Smeat
10-17-2009, 08:24 PM
That's for the video library and stuff, but they also had to absorb wrestler and employee salaries. It probably wound up costing closer to 10 million.

Depends since Vince really didn't need to hire any employees from WCW or wrestlers and most decided to stay out of wrestling to finish their higher paying contract than what they would have gotten anywhere else (ex. Flair, Goldberg).

All Vince really bought was the trademarks, names, and video library. Someone like Jericho might just want to own the "WCW" name and then sell it off to Bischoff since he wanted to continue WCW.

Sixx
10-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Money isn't everything. Money can't replace bonding with your children.

Tou should be a sitcom star.

A lame one, like Everybody Loves Raymond.