PDA

View Full Version : Steve Austin's Damaged

Swiss Ultimate
10-18-2009, 02:01 AM
Grammatically you can take that title either way.

From the opening wooden, emotionless Austin/Parole Board dialogue placed over generic prison scenery to the generic finale with classic 80s inspirational synthesizer music the film was a mess. Oh and did I mention they dubbed in cheering that sounded like it came from a packed arena into a scene where there were clearly only 50-60 people there?

Sub-plots were cliche, dialogue was bad, Austin was okay aside from a few parts but, the movie was in tone somewhere between an episode of Walker: Texas Ranger and the worst scene in The Wrestler. It had 2 fights that were entertaining though. My advice is to watch it online/DVD so you can fast forward the needless talking.

*note: I actually liked The Condemned a lot.

I wanted so bad to like this. I think The Expendables will rock though.

Rammsteinmad
10-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Looks like one of those films that you watch once, kinda forget about it, but then in later references you will claim 'it's not actually that bad'.

Swiss Ultimate
10-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Looks like one of those films that you watch once, kinda forget about it, but then in later references you will claim 'it's not actually that bad'.

I don't think so. I think the Condemned might fall into that category since I can't remember the specifics of any of the fights in that movie but, I will remember my over-all dissatisfaction with this film and the amateurish directing.