PDA

View Full Version : The HHH/Benoit Title Reign Conspiracy

Fox
04-07-2004, 07:51 PM
While watching RAW this Monday night, something dawned on me. Although it's become almost a ritual on RAW in the past couple of years, Triple H was the main focus of the show Monday night. But that led me to the following question:

Why isn't Benoit the focal point of RAW?

After thinking about it for awhile, I realized what was going on. Between WrestleMania XX and Backlash, Triple H has mapped out a conspiracy to make Benoit look bad, and thus, convince his father in law Mr. McMahon to put the title back around the waist of The Game for good.

It's all so simple. McMahon wants a champion who can draw and make for entertaining television. Chris Benoit, while not the most charismatic man on the microphone, is capable of doing this and making for a credible champion. However, this is the last thing that Triple H wants. Triple H is the star on RAW, and he could not have it any other way. So he came up with a plan: Push Shelton Benjamin.

While pushing Benjamin into a short feud with Triple H, that feud would become the main storyline on RAW for the few weeks between WrestleMania XX and Backlash.

Instead of having the newly crowned World Heavyweight Champion defend his title and get invovled in an entertaining storyline, he is instead booked in squash matches and throwaway tag matches that we've seen a hundred times before. Meanwhile, Triple H main events RAW against Eddie Guerrero, then Shelton Benjamin, and then gives himself the opening 20 minutes and another re-match with Benjamin the following week.

RAW isn't a wrestling show, it's the Triple H show. And right now, Triple H is doing everything possible to make people forget about Benoit's career highlight World Heavyweight Title victory, and make people concentrate on his feud against Shelton Benjamin. All so that Benoit is unable to get himself over with the fans more than he already is, and so Benoit looks bad as Champion in the eyes of Vince McMahon.

Come Backlash, Benoit will lose the title (as Triple H has gauranteed us), and because of his crappy one month title run, he will not get it back.

It's a conspiracy, man. It's a ****ing conspiracy. :shifty:

The CyNick
04-07-2004, 07:58 PM
I dont think Hunter is getting the title at Backlash (I'm thinking June), but you are right about Hunter's game.

Its one of those deals where yeah Benoit is the champ and yeah some marks out there will go "HHH is doing a great job" but the reality is he's made the World Champ a curtain jerker while he does other stuff.

The only positives with this whole deal is that thyey are keeping Benoit strong in the ring, unlike previous paper champions, and on top of that Hunter is actually selling, which is new, and refreshing. So at least Benjamin is getting some credibility and Benoit isn't losing his.

However, as long as Hunter can climb into a wrestling ring he will always be the top guy on whatever show he is on. If people dont like that they will just have to learn to accept it, or stop watching the WWE. Its really that simple.

Scarface
04-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Triple H is the only one of the big 4 (Austin, Mick, Rock) that still wrestles on Raw at the main event level. Sure Benoit and Michaels are there, but Triple H is still regarded as the big star. If it's a conspiracy it's a damn well thought out one, but I think it's just the bloody mindedness of McMahon and the booking crew and their thinking that Triple H is the biggest draw. Thusly they book him in the main events and give him the title runs. I still think what you wrote is plausable though and well deduced :y: .

AareDub
04-07-2004, 08:09 PM
I kinda realized something was wrong when I was watching the HHH/Benjamin match (the first one) and kept trying to figure out if they said it was a non-title match or not. It took me a good 5 or 6 minutes into the match to remember that HHH was, in fact, not the champ.

MVP
04-07-2004, 08:10 PM
Let's just be greatful that Benoit actually defends the World Title unlike someone else we all know.

I'll you a hint, his name starts with H and ends with unter Hearst Helmsley.

Fox
04-07-2004, 08:30 PM
However, as long as Hunter can climb into a wrestling ring he will always be the top guy on whatever show he is on. If people dont like that they will just have to learn to accept it, or stop watching the WWE. Its really that simple.

But it doesn't have to be that way. There are so many other guys that could take that spot as "top guy" and make it shine so much brighter than Triple H. That's why this whole conspiracy theory pisses me off. There is no reason why Triple H should constantly be on top. He isn't the best in the ring, he isn't the best on the mic, and he doesn't even draw or appeal to the general audience. It's because of his underhanded tactics that his reign on top will go on, and if Vince and company continue to let him get away with it, then a lot of people are going to take your advice and stop watching the WWE.

Mr. JL
04-07-2004, 08:42 PM
But it doesn't have to be that way. There are so many other guys that could take that spot as "top guy" and make it shine so much brighter than Triple H. That's why this whole conspiracy theory pisses me off. There is no reason why Triple H should constantly be on top. He isn't the best in the ring, he isn't the best on the mic, and he doesn't even draw or appeal to the general audience. It's because of his underhanded tactics that his reign on top will go on, and if Vince and company continue to let him get away with it, then a lot of people are going to take your advice and stop watching the WWE.
Trust me when I say, we all know that it doesn't have to be that way.

Here are the facts:

Triple H is good in bed and nothing else matters!

Fox
04-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Then it is decided.

We hunt down Triple H and cut off his penis.

Hired Hitman
04-07-2004, 08:54 PM
yes, Because you know Him SO Well.

Fox
04-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Who was that directed at?

Mikey
04-07-2004, 09:17 PM
I dont think HHH will get the title around his waist until he is done filming his movie which I have heard he is leaving to make after Backlash

KingofOldSchool
04-07-2004, 11:22 PM
*hands Mr Sunday Night a baby bottle*

c:\MyComputer\MyMusic\crymeariver.mp3

Kane Knight
04-08-2004, 12:55 AM
Then it is decided.

We hunt down Triple H and cut off his penis.
:y: sounds good.

We need a scalpel, a microscope, and duct tape...

Fox
04-08-2004, 01:02 AM
*hands Mr Sunday Night a baby bottle*

c:\MyComputer\MyMusic\crymeariver.mp3

"Those who try extra hard to be different are usually the ones who would garner no attention if they didn't."

I love how you try to make fun of everyone that hates Triple H. It's highly amusing.

KingofOldSchool
04-08-2004, 01:24 AM
I love how everyone bitches and moans about Triple H.

Oh just like you.

El Santo
04-08-2004, 01:34 AM
I think if Brock hadn't left, we'd have the same problem over on Smackdown. Brock would still the spotlight, and we'd be wondering if his matches were title matches, while Eddie the Champion would be feuding with someone undeserving like, say, Bradshaw. Oh wait...

The point is that Benoit is relatively new on the title scene, and he's not a guy who cuts memorable promos. Hence, it will take us a while to get used to him as champion. Also, while Trips is indeed the focal point of Raw, it does help serve in building up the Triple Threat match. After Backlash, I see Trips feuding with Edge, and Benoit feuding with possibly HBK, so the spolight will eventually move from the Backlash main event to the championship belt.

I don't see Benoit dropping the title at Backlash or any time soon. Hell, even Goldberg got to hold the title for more than a month, and I think Benoit has a better relationship with Vince McMahon.

Kane Knight
04-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Up next: Mulder and Scully unravel the mystery of the greatest conspiracy of all...

...On the HHH files.

SeanMC
04-08-2004, 08:32 AM
I totally agree with this theory. I always thought something was up with benjamin being pushed, though he deserves it it does seem abit odd that it comes at a time when someone else(not hhh) is the champ.I can't remember the last main event Benoit or HBK were in since benoit became champ...can you? Don't think so. Some way to hype up the main event at Backlash. Oh yeah' Evolution screwed benoit and hbk out of the tag titles in a match ending weve seen a hundred times before' f-uck that i aint buying the ppv for that. And yes we have to buy Backlash cos of setanta f-uckin sport.