PDA

View Full Version : David Haye (spoiler)

Dave Youell
11-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Not in a million years did I think that would happen!

:D

Londoner
11-07-2009, 07:11 PM
me neither :D :D :D

CSL
11-07-2009, 07:13 PM
You unfaithful bastards, only thing that was gonna stop Haye winning that fight was dodgy judging. He is a big, beautiful man :heart:

Needs a few more fights before going after the Klitschko's though

addy2hotty
11-07-2009, 07:50 PM
He'll take Ruiz easily and Wladimir after him. Vitali may be a different story. He doesn't want to hang around either, wants to be undisputed champion in 2 years time. With Golden Boy behind him, it could possibly happen.

Tonight though, he owned Valuev royally. Great fight.

Fabien Barthez
11-07-2009, 11:56 PM
Thought Valuev was horrendous. He was no better against Holyfield, but it took someone to show the judges that they can avoid damage by great margins and land 2s and 3s. Holyfield just let some punches land, because they are so poor and countered with single shots.

I don't think there is a ranked heavyweight as good as David Haye, and his gameplan was good, he was unlucky to hurt his hand early because he showed in the last round what he can do to anybody when he gets an opening, but he had so many, it allowed him to not damage his hand so badly that he will have have prolonged time off by getting the easiest points decision of his life. And that is a testiment to just how bad Valuev is.

El Capitano Gatisto
11-08-2009, 02:14 AM
Pretty surprised he won it just because he was the challenger and he was in Germany, but definitely the right decision. Feels good to watch a big boxing match and see the right decision being made, really didn't expect it when he went the distance.

That last round was fucking good, if only Haye had turned it on a bit a couple of rounds earlier and rocked the big fucker then. But I can see why he didn't, he obviously trusted in his own head he could win it by out-boxing Valuev and stuck to his plan.

ct2k
11-08-2009, 05:39 AM
Pretty much what ECG said.

I thought at the outset that Haye would be better to just avoid trying to land anything to the head and just be smart. But in the end doing so is what won him the fight, had he been more cautious the decision woulda gone the other day.

Great to see in any event:y:

Rob
11-08-2009, 09:36 AM
I didn't even think it was even that close. Haye threw the cleaner, powerful, sharper shots. Valuev hit air most of the time. I'd love to see the stats for the fight. The guys on Sky are fucking idiots. Doesn't matter if Haye only hit 5 shots in a round. Didn't do enough to win rounds? Fuck right off. He hits 5, Valuev hits none then Haye wins the round. Simples!

The Mackem
11-09-2009, 06:27 AM
Rob the Meerkat

http://www.shopbamboozled.com/MEERKAT_REAL.jpg