PDA

View Full Version : House Show Notes

True Brit Grit
11-12-2009, 08:02 PM
For those that care...

WWE House Show: Raw featuring ECW.
Thursday, 12 November 2009
LG Arena, Birmingham.

Battle Royal – Winner receives WWE Title shot in the Main event.
Featuring, Legacy, Kofi Kingston, Big Show, Randy Orton, Mark Henry, Chris Masters & More.

Final two are Big Show and Santino Marella. Good few comedy moments from Santino before Show eventually gets the win.

ECW Match
Hurricane over Paul Birchall by pinfall.

United States Title Match:
The Miz over MVP by pinfall

Gail Kim & Melina over Jillian Hall & Alicia Fox by pinfall

Chris Jericho over Evan Bourne by pinfall

Six man tag team match:
DX & Kofi Kingston over Legacy & Randy Orton via pinfall

WWE Title Match
John Cena over Big Show via pinfall

Show notes:
LG Arena was fuller than last year's house show, crowd looked to be around the 10k mark. Really disappointed in the early efforts, a sloppy battle royal and an awful match between the Miz and MVP, the efforts were really phoned in. Oddly, Divas tag match was excellent.

Chris Jericho started the second half and worked the crowd superbly – he v Evan Bourne was probably match of the night. Really strong effort from both, Bourne actually looked set to pick up the upset at one point.

The six-man was as you'd expect all about star power but the crowd was red hot and very much into all the participants. The finish saw Hornswoggle distract the heels with his version of Sweet Chin Music – the faces all then hit their finishes simultaneously for the win.

Main event was nothing to write home about – the kids just seemed happy to see Cena, though I admit I was, too, after waiting about four years.

One note of amusement: Kelly Kelly was up in the crowd and asked a quiz question to a little girl which she got right, winning front row tickets to the night's show (they were up in the nosebleeds at that point). The crowd booed the crap out of it, and her. I don't know why I found that funny...

Top, top efforts from Jericho and the other main eventers – just a pity some of those lower down could have looked a little more bothered about being there.

May be worth mentioning that Jack Swagger did not work this show. Not sure if he is injured but he didn't have a match and didn't even feature in the battle royal...