PDA

View Full Version : Vince and Bruno

taker707
11-13-2009, 02:03 AM
I heard vince hates Bruno Sanmartino. why exactly

KayfabeMan
11-13-2009, 04:28 AM
He hates Bruno because unlike the majority of people that have worked with WWWF/WWF/WWE throughout it's history, Bruno will NOT kiss his ass.

Sammartino was shorted money by McMahon, excessively lied to by McMahon, and coaxed into coming out of retirement to help his son's career - as well as to get money back that McMahon already owed him.

Since then, Sammartino has rightfully cost McMahon millions of dollars in potential revenue by not being involved in anything associated with the WWE. Bruno is very disapproving of their product, of McMahon, and of the way they run their business; and his refusal to be involved with them is admirable. Sammartino had also been very vocal years back about the major steroid and drug problem in the business. Vince doesn't take kindly to people not responding well to his financial advances, and that's why he hates Bruno - not to mention the fact that Bruno went on to do appearances for a number of competitors of Vince's and work on their projects.

I personally believe McMahon is also VERY upset that despite his attempts to blackball Bruno and also make him a forgotten part of WWE, that Bruno has remained VERY successful and is financially secure as well.

On a sidenote, I have met both men before on a number of occasions, and can honestly say that while McMahon is an arrogant prick, Sammartino is EXTREMELY genuine, humble, gracious and a true gentleman.

Danny Electric
11-13-2009, 04:29 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Sammartino

Read that, should tell you why.

KayfabeMan
11-13-2009, 05:11 AM
Yeah.

Just to add to it; Bruno has more recently stated that he is indeed involved in David's life, and they have put their past behind them. They are not as close as they'd like to be, but are close enough - and Bruno is involved in his grandchildren's lives.

Emperor Smeat
11-15-2009, 01:09 AM
I think he also didn't like how edgy WWF/WWE became during the Attitude Era and Post Monday Night War era similar to Sting's reason on not wanting to be with WWF/WWE.

LuigiD
11-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Kinda off topic..but a while back my girlfriend had a gathering and her uncle was there. We were talking about random stuff like TV, games, etc and wrestling came up. He is a real state agent in PA and told me he sold a property for Bruno Sammartino once that sold in the millions. He said his dad was freaking out asking if he got his autograph and he was like "well, I got a bunch of release forms and checks from him, does that count?" :lol:
He ended up showing me the stuff later on. Said he was probably the nicest guy ever. Had a good spirit and with a sense of humor also.