PDA

View Full Version : Royal Rumble

Wolfpack423
11-16-2009, 01:08 PM
I was wondering if you guys had a prediction as to who you think will win the Royal Rumble. It is one of my favorite PPVs of the year.

I can't pick just one, since its unpredictable how it might turn out this year.

1. CM Punk- I could see Vince McMahon helping Punk win the match. Nobody expects him to win right now and he would be a great choice to headline Mania. I am a huge fan of Punk, so maybe I am biased but it would be fresh to see him main event the biggest show of the year. If Cena is still champ, him vs. Punk would be awesome. They can use WM22 as cannon fodder.

2. Edge- He can return as the surprise entrant and eliminate Jericho to win the Rumble or if he doesn't win, eliminate himself and Jericho leading to a match at Mania.

3. Christian- He is the best wrestling currently in the entire company in my opinion. he could still be ECW champion, though I see Regal somehow winning it shortly. If so, Christian and if he does return Edge can be the final two in the ring. A lot of fans would like that I think. I would as I have followed their entire careers.

4. Chris Jericho- Adds another title to his impressive resume and challenges whoever is champion.

5. Batista- I know nobody except maybe me would like this. He is a heel now and he can tear through everybody and it leads to Cena vs. Batista for the title and the closest thing WWE can get to the 20th anniversay of Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior. Cena would be Hogan and Batista would be Warrior.

DAMN iNATOR
11-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Edge - throw him in as a 'surprise' participant, have him come in @ #30 and just have him clean house.

Evil Vito
11-16-2009, 01:23 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'd be all for Edge returning and winning, but not at #30. They already did the surprise return/win from #30 once already...and while I'm glad they finally had #30 win the Rumble, they've done it twice now and probably should avoid doing it again for a long time...it doesn't look particularly impressive.</font>

Ermaximus
11-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Kofi Kingston or Edge

The Jayman
11-16-2009, 01:33 PM
#2-4 seems the most logical right now. Having edge return at the rumble would be awesome but not at #30. Jericho is probably the biggest possibility b/c of his role as of late. I also see Christian winning the rumble b/c he is the best worker the company has. I can't really count out Punk but somehow I just don't see him winning the rumble. Another possibility and I know I will catch some heat for this, Kane. Kane is the company man and I think after all these years of dedication to the wwe he deserves a rumble win.

TerranRich
11-16-2009, 01:42 PM
I'd say either Kofi Kingston, Edge, or hell, even Christian.

Thing is, doesn't winning the Rumble now include a title shot against the ECW title? Kinda like how Money in the Bank covered the ECW title as well. Which I think is absolutely horrible.

kareru
11-16-2009, 01:52 PM
why do i get the feeling that it's going to be taker vs cena?

also did anyone see top gear this week?

XCaliber
11-16-2009, 02:07 PM
I highly doubt a heel will win the Rumble again this year so I would have to go with Edge or if not him then perhaps Triple H and my longshot choice would be Ted DiBiase.

D Mac
11-16-2009, 02:10 PM
So you think Edge will return as a babyface?

Dorkchop
11-16-2009, 02:14 PM
I doubt Christian will win. It'll probably be one of the top guys like Batista, Cena, Orton, Edge (if he's ready), HHH or even HBK. I'd love someone not obvious win like Kofi or Christian, but WWE doesn't do that for Rumble winners.

D Mac
11-16-2009, 02:16 PM
R-Truth! WHAT'S UP

Joesgonnakillyou
11-16-2009, 02:25 PM
I thinks it's going to be someone who has won it before. They haven't had a repeat winner since 2001. My 'pick' is Batista or Cena because they'll more than likely do cena batista II at WM. It kind of makes sense now Bats is a heel. I don't know if Edge will be back by the rumble? He could i suppose but i doubt it. He's obviously going to a feud with Jericho and no way it's going to be for the title. I don't know if WWE even thinks a title match without Cena, Orton, Trips, Taker or Batista is possible.

CM Punk, Christian or Kofi Kingston are HIGHLY unlikely. Chris Jericho is only a little more probable.

Don't get me wrong. I love Christian, Jericho and CM Punk and really like Kofi. I just don't think the WWE will put them in the main event at Wrestlemania.

Cool King
11-16-2009, 02:30 PM
I can imagine Edge returning at the Royal Rumble but not winning, but eliminating Jericho and Jericho either eliminating him after that or distracting him and making Edge get eliminated when he's in the final four, thus setting up a Jericho/Edge rivalry which could go to WrestleMania.

As for winning the Royal Rumble, my random guesses would have to be Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntryre, Jack Swagger or Ted DiBiase. It'll be one of the young guys anyway.

redoneja
11-16-2009, 02:32 PM
I can see a heel Batista winning and gunning for Cena at Wrestlemania. Cena v Batista II is probably the biggest match up they currently have, in terms of kayfabe.

Of course, who knows what will happen now that they we know both belts will be on the line in Elimination Chamber matches in February.

XCaliber
11-16-2009, 03:06 PM
So you think Edge will return as a babyface?

After his last promo i'd say he is.

Rollermacka
11-16-2009, 03:49 PM
I was wondering if you guys had a prediction as to who you think will win the Royal Rumble. It is one of my favorite PPVs of the year.

I can't pick just one, since its unpredictable how it might turn out this year.

1. CM Punk- I could see Vince McMahon helping Punk win the match. Nobody expects him to win right now and he would be a great choice to headline Mania. I am a huge fan of Punk, so maybe I am biased but it would be fresh to see him main event the biggest show of the year. If Cena is still champ, him vs. Punk would be awesome. They can use WM22 as cannon fodder.

2. Edge- He can return as the surprise entrant and eliminate Jericho to win the Rumble or if he doesn't win, eliminate himself and Jericho leading to a match at Mania.

3. Christian- He is the best wrestling currently in the entire company in my opinion. he could still be ECW champion, though I see Regal somehow winning it shortly. If so, Christian and if he does return Edge can be the final two in the ring. A lot of fans would like that I think. I would as I have followed their entire careers.

4. Chris Jericho- Adds another title to his impressive resume and challenges whoever is champion.

5. Batista- I know nobody except maybe me would like this. He is a heel now and he can tear through everybody and it leads to Cena vs. Batista for the title and the closest thing WWE can get to the 20th anniversay of Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior. Cena would be Hogan and Batista would be Warrior.

I'm actually gonna go out there and say maybe a "Shad" winning or maybe somebody that the WWE is waiting to make a star. It's a good idea for a heel angle with Shad. He can do well, get down to the end and viciously throw out "top face" from behind and fallow up with promos about how he's tired of "being a joke" in the WWE. You can replace Shad with Kofi, Festus, Santino (drop the italian fool gimmick), and plenty of others.

Tb1
11-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Neither Ziggler or Morrison would be a bad choice. I'd love to see either of them win. Kofi would be cool, but perhaps a little premature.

XCaliber
11-16-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm actually gonna go out there and say maybe a "Shad" winning or maybe somebody that the WWE is waiting to make a star. It's a good idea for a heel angle with Shad. He can do well, get down to the end and viciously throw out "top face" from behind and fallow up with promos about how he's tired of "being a joke" in the WWE. You can replace Shad with Kofi, Festus, Santino (drop the italian fool gimmick), and plenty of others.

WWE has never used the RR to push midcard guys though but maybe that trend will end in the future. They tended to use the KOTR tourney as a way of catapulting guys but of course that hasn't always been the case. Which is strange when you think of it especially since an upset seems much more believable with so wrestlers in the ring at once.

D Mac
11-16-2009, 03:57 PM
After his last promo i'd say he is.

What was his last promo?

XCaliber
11-16-2009, 04:12 PM
What was his last promo?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/igl96VTqQ1M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/igl96VTqQ1M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Emperor Smeat
11-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Even though Royal Rumble traditionally has the heavyweight championship match before the Rumble, I'd like to see one year where a current heavyweight champion enters the Rumble itself as a way to eliminate any potential competition for Wrestlemania.

It could work now that there are multiple heavyweight belts and make it seem like a champion wants to take Wrestlemania as a night off in storyline terms. Of course someone else would still win the Rumble and foil those plans and start the wrestlemania feud in a new or fresh way.

Probably going to end up between Orton, Edge, Jericho, and Punk as the logical choices for winner this year with maybe Batista and Triple H as wildcard picks based on who the champion is by the Rumble.

Corporate CockSnogger
11-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah it won't be a new rising star winning. So some good guesses as others have mentioned are probably

* Edge - returns either at the rumble as a surprise or beforehand similar to Triple H's MSG return.

* Batista - goes on a big winning spree as a monster heel

* CM Punk - already a somewhat established main eventer now so wouldn't be too surprising.

I'm much more interested in who will be given the MitB this year with Kofi, Swagger, Morrison and Christian all very possible winners of it.

Rammsteinmad
11-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Best choice for me would be CM Punk.

Emperor Smeat
11-16-2009, 05:10 PM
I think they changed the focus on using the Rumble for new rising stars and instead have the Money in the Bank replace that role. It gives the rising star a test feud for the title and if its good enough, then start the main event push or at least stay in the running for a spot at winning the Rumble.

Theo Dious
11-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Even though Royal Rumble traditionally has the heavyweight championship match before the Rumble, I'd like to see one year where a current heavyweight champion enters the Rumble itself as a way to eliminate any potential competition for Wrestlemania.

I'd love to see that. Would be awesome for a guy to enter as the champion with the sole intention of keeping one guy out of the Mania ME.

Theo Dious
11-16-2009, 05:50 PM
I think they changed the focus on using the Rumble for new rising stars

When has the Rumble ever been used that way? Over the years it's ben used less for that and more to propel established stars to a firm spot at the top. The only "new rising stars" I can think of who ever won the Rumble were Yokozuna and Lesnar, and even Lesnar had already been champion at that point.

Theo Dious
11-16-2009, 05:50 PM
MAYBE Batista as well.

Nicky Fives
11-16-2009, 06:47 PM
I say Ted DiBiase..... he'll be turning face eventually when his new movie is being released..... plus he's talented, so it only makes sense for him to win.... he'll eliminate Orton last after he fakes eliminating himself as per Orton request, then sneaks in from behind and dumps Orton over the top

XCaliber
11-16-2009, 06:49 PM
I say Ted DiBiase..... he'll be turning face eventually when his new movie is being released..... plus he's talented, so it only makes sense for him to win.... he'll eliminate Orton last after he fakes eliminating himself as per Orton request, then sneaks in from behind and dumps Orton over the top

You have no idea how much i'd mark out for this heck I went absolutely ballistic when he rolled up Orton a few weeks back lol now that was Priceless.

Jannettyzilla
11-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Edge, Batista, Punk, Michaels, or Cena. I don't think there are any other options.

(Would love to see Kane win it finally, though.)

HBPunk
11-16-2009, 08:03 PM
top gear is dire,cars are blah

HBPunk
11-16-2009, 08:03 PM
michaels to win the rumble cos hes the best wrestler to ever live

TerranRich
11-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Don't get me wrong. I love Christian, Jericho and CM Punk and really like Kofi. I just don't think the WWE will put them in the main event at Wrestlemania.

The winner of the Rumble is not guaranteed to main event WrestleMania, they are simply guaranteed a title shot at WrestleMania. For all we know, Ted DiBiase could win it and he goes after the ECW title. Never know.

Jannettyzilla
11-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Nah, pretty sure lately they've said a "main event world title match" every year.

TerranRich
11-17-2009, 10:51 PM
At the 2009 Royal Rumble, when Justin Roberts was explaining it, he (and the graphics that came up) said, "The last remaining Superstar is guaranteed a championship match at WrestleMania". Whatever the commentators claim isn't valid, IMHO.

Jannettyzilla
11-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Is what Lillian Garcia usually said wrong valid, then?

Skippord
11-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Slam Master J

TerranRich
11-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Is what Lillian Garcia usually said wrong valid, then?

Is that sentence not does make the any sense here then?

Jannettyzilla
11-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Is that sentence not does make the any sense here then?

I was going to point out multiple references to the winner of the Royal Rumble getting a main event match from WWE.com, but if you can't read it's not really worth it.

Indifferent Clox
11-18-2009, 01:03 AM
Bryan Danielson

Mr. Nerfect
11-18-2009, 05:41 AM
I was going to point out multiple references to the winner of the Royal Rumble getting a main event match from WWE.com, but if you can't read it's not really worth it.

A main event doesn't mean last match anymore to the WWE, though.

Mr. Nerfect
11-18-2009, 05:43 AM
Watching RAW, I actually thought Kofi Kingston would make a good choice. He's on fire, he's pretty much done everything in the mid-card, and he's now feuding with a top heel in Randy Orton. The fans are behind him, and he's actually one of the few entertaining aspects of the RAW brand. I don't know who he would face, but Kofi winning the Rumble is not completely out of the realm of possibility, in my opinion.

For the longest time, however, I have been saying John Cena. I was initially anticipating CM Punk vs. Cena at Mania, but now they seem to be teasing Taker vs. Cena. That doesn't really need the World Heavyweight Title, but I can see the WWE having it in there, anyway.

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm still going with either a Randy Orton repeat or my four Darkhorses in successive order of potential: Christian, John Morrison, The Miz, and Jack Swagger...

WWE needs to start building more established, younger talent and these guys have shown the most consistent potential as being able to pick up and carry the ball as a main eventer in the years to come down the road. Christian does have some years under his belt but is solid to take over for a 3-5 year period.

I would include Kofi Kingston in this list but I haven't seen enough of his break out push that he is currently getting against Randy Orton to solidly say that Kingston could be a main eventer. I want to sit back and see how his fued with Randy goes and if he can get over enough to hold that position.

Cool King
11-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Call me crazy, but I had a weird dream last night.

I had a dream where Chris Jericho was scheduled to win the Royal Rumble, and then he went on to do just that.

So come January at the Royal Rumble, if Jericho wins, I'm going to be freaked out. :|

Cool King
11-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Also, I'm adding him to my list of potential winners, just incase. :shifty:

TerranRich
11-18-2009, 02:38 PM

Dude, I can read. Can you type?

"Is what Lillian Garcia usually said wrong valid, then?"

Please explain how the above sentence even makes any sense. How can something be "wrong valid"? I can't even guess what you meant, other than the clue you provided just now.

EDIT:
I think I finally decrypted it. The answer is yes.

thegoat10
11-18-2009, 04:36 PM
I say Batista an Rey win the title at No Way Out and Batista vs Mysterio at Mania

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 07:12 PM
I say Batista an Rey win the title at No Way Out and Batista vs Mysterio at Mania

what does that have to do the Royal Rumble...are you saying Batista wins the Royal Rumble and then ray wins the belt at Elimination Chamber to have Batista challenge him at Mania, cause I couldn't pick that up from your clusterfucked message.

thegoat10
11-18-2009, 08:55 PM
what does that have to do the Royal Rumble...are you saying Batista wins the Royal Rumble and then ray wins the belt at Elimination Chamber to have Batista challenge him at Mania, cause I couldn't pick that up from your clusterfucked message.

Someone having there period?

Nark Order
11-18-2009, 09:12 PM
*their