PDA

View Full Version : TPWW.net 2009 Rookie of the Year

Phenomenal 1
11-17-2009, 11:54 PM
NOTE: THIS WILL BE THE FIRST OF A SERIES OF YEAR END AWARDS THREADS THAT I AM GOING TO BE CREATING FROM NOW UNTIL NEW YEARS. THERE WILL BE ONE OR TWO CATEGORY AWARDS THREADS PER WEEK.

As 2009 comes to a close in the world of professional wrestling, many faces have come, and many faces have gone, and many new faces have appeared.

To be considered a standout new prospect amongst your peers in the world of professional wrestling and as someone to say "keep your eyes on this guy...he's gonna be someone to watch" is considered a high honor.

So make your choices wisely and pick who you believe was the standout talent of pro wrestling and should be given the Honor of "TPPW.net Rookie of the Year 2009."

On a side note here are the rules/criteria for winning this award:

1. VOTE for the Wrestlers listed in the poll or if you choose the write in option, please post a response and submit the name of the person you are nonminating and why you are nominating them. Ridiculous or outlandish votes do not count.

2. To be considered a rookie, it would either be your first year in one of the big two promotions (WWE, TNA) or your first time in the that particular promotion. Gimmicks also count as a rookie, such as someone under a mask like Suicide even though we know its Kazarian.

3. No indy fed guys or lower spotlight promotion wrestlers. Sorry but due to the availability for people to see International Wrestling, ROH, CZW, Dragon Gate, NWA, which is a limited basis, these wrestlers don't have the exposure for everyone to understand the vote. Write ins for indy fed guys will be thrown out.

4. No women wrestlers....sorry but there is just not enough women wrestlers to consider someone to be a main standout and women's wrestling isn't as mainstream with the fans in my opinion.

5. Substantiate your votes. Post a response telling us who you voted for and why you believe they should win. Having the most number of votes doesn't necessarily say that someone will win. I will take into consideration number of votes but also substantiation from user posts. One wrestler could have 50 votes and no substantion and another wrestler could have 20 votes but have 75 posts substantiating why he should win. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE BIG ENOUGH TO VOTE FOR YOUR WRESTLER, STAND BEHIND YOUR WRESTLER AND BACK UP WHY THEY SHOULD WIN!!!

Thats the rules and the criteria folks....Happy voting/discussion...I will post the results at the end of the week and announce the Winner and how that wrestler came to win.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 12:09 AM
I voted for Yoshi Tatsu. This young talent came out with a hot-winning streak earlier this year on ECW and was immediately thrown into the mix of names being thrown around as potential opponents for the ECW Champion. Was able to secure himself as a number one contender for the ECW Championship in only a few short months and had a standing ovation match in a losing effort for the ECW Championship. Has had a solid win-loss ratio record on his time in ECW and has seemed to get over with the fans and has not had a match where the crowd seemed to be out of it/not interested. Was able to defeat Shelton Benjamin in his debut...which says something if the brass puts you over a solid worker like Benjamin if your first match.

Overall, I think Tatsu has made the most impact/solid noise within the ECW brand and within the big TWO promotions to get my nod.

jerichoholicninja
11-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Hard to argue with Swagger. Won both the ECW Championship and U.S. Championship.

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 12:14 AM
Correction: Swagger was NEVER U.S. Champion....he only stole the belt from Kofi Kingston during his reign as a build for a Triple Threat match between Kofi, The Miz and himself.

Swagger has only been ECW Champion.

Nark Order
11-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Voted for Mr. Tatsu as well.

Nark Order
11-18-2009, 12:18 AM
Can't say I wasn't tempted to do a write in vote for Loose Cannon though.

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Juan comes in with the silent vote for Mr Ryder....he's going WOO WOO WOO in silence....lol

Juan
11-18-2009, 12:30 AM
I would have voted The Miz had you included him

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 12:30 AM
And in case it gets brought up.....Drew McIntyre was left out for a reason....being that his debut was so close to the end of the year.....and 5 weeks of him and R-Truth doesn't really constitute as a real debut to me....he was left off on purpose... I think McIntyre has talent but he's done more talking than wrestling....and frankly....I think his talking just reeks like rotting garbage.

mike adamle
11-18-2009, 12:43 AM
And in case it gets brought up.....Drew McIntyre was left out for a reason....being that his debut was so close to the end of the year.....and 5 weeks of him and R-Truth doesn't really constitute as a real debut to me....he was left off on purpose... I think McIntyre has talent but he's done more talking than wrestling....and frankly....I think his talking just reeks like rotting garbage.

And yet you included Vance Archer...

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Hard to argue with Swagger. Won both the ECW Championship and U.S. Championship.

If this were early to late April-May.....I would have to say that one would be hard to argue with Swagger....at that point in time Swagger was steam rolling to be on par as the rookie sensation of WWE at the time. But after his move from ECW to Raw....He has seemed to have lost that steamroll and gotten what I call lost in the fog of the "Pack" ( the Pack meaning the lesser exposure of mid card talent to make room for TV for bigger and more established names in WWE). Up until the last two months Swagger has been quiet and now all of a sudden has been making noise again. I think WWE dropped the ball on moving Swagger just a little too soon to RAW and lost sight of what they had which makes him look inconsistent.

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 12:46 AM
Adamle is your sole purpose here on TPWW to showcase your "superior" intellect and humor over others....cause jee golly like anything Mike Adamle and the whole His Name is Jeff Harvey thing is still so fresh and overly funny anymore.

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 12:48 AM
Archer has had more of a packaged Debut and in-ring time than McIntyre has had. That whole 5 week build with R Truth was overdrawn and piss poorly thrown together by WWE. At least Archer has been consistently in the ring and has established the character of less talk more action is his gimmick. Whereas all I keep hearing out of McIntyre is "time to ruin your party" or this "party is over".

Mr. Pierre
11-18-2009, 12:49 AM
I'm gonna vote Swagger.

Swagger's more of a complete package than any other rookie, IMO. His matches are always solid, his mic skills are very good, and he seemed to really capture the entertainment aspect of WWE extremely fast, and not just the athletic/wrestling aspect.

It still confuses me how the two-time two-time All American American hasn't been United States Champion yet. It'll more than likely happen, but wtf.

mike adamle
11-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Just proved my point, you leave McIntyre off because of his "5 weeks" on TV, when Vance Archer has been on for 3. And, you commented on my page laughing your ass off about Jeff Harvey, in turn, making you a hypocrite. And the stuff you said wasn't funny either.

mike adamle
11-18-2009, 12:50 AM
Archer has had more of a packaged Debut and in-ring time than McIntyre has had. That whole 5 week build with R Truth was overdrawn and piss poorly thrown together by WWE. At least Archer has been consistently in the ring and has established the character of less talk more action is his gimmick. Whereas all I keep hearing out of McIntyre is "time to ruin your party" or this "party is over".

... Vance Archer has had 3 squash matches counting tonight. None have lasted over a minute.

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 12:53 AM
Alright....no need to drag this into a CWK or HB Punk knockdown dragout....your entitled to your opinion and I respect it....perhaps, well I should have Included McIntyre in the vote.....there was no disrespect intended but your point is well taken....I just didn't like his 5 weeks on TV in the beginning. The only thing I did like was the VKM endorsement. And BTW....I wasn't trying to act hypoctical or funny.....I just be myself....beyond that I could care less if someone likes or dislikes...but when you lash out....I will defend back....doesn't mean I don't respect you though

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 12:54 AM
I gave you pos REP for having balls at least to call me out on perhaps what was a pispoor choice.

Verbose Minch
11-18-2009, 12:56 AM
Shouldn't Christian count? He came back to WWE...

Indifferent Clox
11-18-2009, 01:00 AM
Desmond Wolfe, comes in and goes after the former world champ, the biggest name on the roster (not including hogan), and KOs the guy in his first match.

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 01:01 AM
QUOTE: Shouldn't Christian count? He came back to WWE...

I thought of that but then I thought at the same time, the man had a 7 year run in WWE then went to TNA for 2 years, and came right back....no real break and everyone knows who he is. Most fans expected him to go over as a mid champion possibly world champion on his return. I just didn't think it be fair to include him as it could have lead to potential landlslide on his part....but you are more than welcome to write in a vote for him....thats why i left that option open

Indifferent Clox
11-18-2009, 01:01 AM
Also this is the internet, ROH is very available to internet people. Just because they don't know where to find it doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered. That being sead

SKULLCRUSHER!!!

Supreme Olajuwon
11-18-2009, 01:05 AM
no one on the corner has swagger like us

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 01:06 AM
I understand that but not enough fans of wrestling go beyond the mainstream enough even on the net to watch ROH. To be honest i've only really caught or seen any ROH in the last year or two..Beyond that I was so pro mainstream TNA and WWE I chose not to view any ROH or anything else. I don't even follow Chikara or CZW, or the other Indies minus NWA because I am a big mark for Scrap Iron/Scrap Daddy Adam Pierce and Brent Albright

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 01:07 AM
The Erotic American casted is vote for the Two Time Two Time, All-American....American

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 01:08 AM
Supreme I think Swagger Gimmick Infringed you bro

Indifferent Clox
11-18-2009, 01:15 AM
HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLFE

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 01:17 AM
Mr. Mangled

Droford
11-18-2009, 01:20 AM
Dolph Ziggler - he had a hot series of matches with Rey over the Summer for the IC belt and is having a similarly good feud with Morrison for the same belt. If they would put the belt on him finally he'd finally break through and be a bigger star.

CWK
11-18-2009, 01:22 AM
Should of put fuckin' Mick Foley in this one too he gets votes everywhere else, why the fuck not

CWK
11-18-2009, 01:23 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YmoJP109T_0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YmoJP109T_0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 01:24 AM
CWK-sorry but your continued "trolling" makes your vote NULL and VOID...

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 01:40 AM
holy crap....I can't believe I forgot to include Ziggler...I was trying to make it even 10 guys from TNA and 10 guys from WWE.....man thats a big mess up....though I think Swagger is probably going to run away with this

Indifferent Clox
11-18-2009, 02:08 AM
I forgot about ziggler

Droford
11-18-2009, 02:40 AM
How could I forget (http://www.tpww.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2695751&postcount=9) about Dolph Ziggler?

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 02:41 AM
Swagger leads with 8 votes, with Tatsu in second with 4....be interesting to see who comes out of this as the dark horse.

Droford
11-18-2009, 02:49 AM
More people should write in Dolph Ziggler!

Indifferent Clox
11-18-2009, 03:09 AM
more people should vote for nigel mcguiness wolfe

DAMN iNATOR
11-18-2009, 03:13 AM
more people should vote for nigel mcguiness wolfe

Why? He's had one match in TNA, on a pay-per-view a few nights ago, and other than that, has done nothing but rip promos on Kurt about how he's gonna do this, do that to him, blah, blah, blah.

Sorry, but there are a ton of others on the ballot way more qualified than Mr. Wolfe for RotY '09 honors.

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 03:21 AM
I'm suprised only two people have voted for Zach Ryder....he has made quite a bit of noise this year on ECW and in the ECW Title hunt......and yet Tatsu and Bourne have more votes than him.

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 03:22 AM
Can't vote twice but if I had to do a write-in vote....I would go with EY...Eric Young...his repackage as a singles heel along with forming World Elite has made TNA interesting as far as a up and coming stable....

Dante69
11-18-2009, 06:35 AM
Swagger....whom else on your list has been a world champion in less then 6 months in the ring?

Indifferent Clox
11-18-2009, 06:37 AM
what he's had 3 matches 2 victories, 1 over kurt angle via KO , 1 over deaner via pin, and 1 loss. Plus all the hype about him going to WWE then going to TNA at the last minute. classic.

Dante69
11-18-2009, 06:41 AM
You shouldn't place a person on the rookie of the year if they have been in the business for longer then a year, at least in the pro ranks.

Indifferent Clox
11-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Yeah, I think only people who debuted in WWE or TNA in 2009 and hadn't been in the other before should be considered.

However, I think ROH should be on here. IF you haven't watched it, do it. Dear god.

The Jayman
11-18-2009, 08:19 AM
My vote went for Ryder. He has been impressive since returning as a solo competitor. His ECW title match with Christian was quite possibly ECW's match of the year.

woo woo woo.....you know it

Supreme Olajuwon
11-18-2009, 09:08 AM
The best match of anyone on that list this year was Evan Bourne vs. John Morrison on ECW. But he's become a jobber on Raw so I can't vote for him.

DaveBrawl
11-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Gonna go with Suicide.

Phenomenal 1
11-18-2009, 09:27 AM
for real....I don't think Kazarian/Suicide made the impact that TNA was expecting and his X Division Champion run wasn't that great. I really only included him because I was running out of guys from TNA to include in the list otherwise I would have left him out but that left the options of Cody Deaner, Jessie Neal, and Bashir

DaveBrawl
11-18-2009, 09:51 AM
In retrospect I'm surprised and a bit disappointed in myself that I didn't vote for a Hart.

As for Suicide, he is the guy that I have enjoyed above all the others on the list. I don't think TNA knows what to do with him, but what they have done I have enjoyed so far.

Kiyoshi was going to be next, but he doesn't get enough ring time to get any real consideration.

Haze
11-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Swagger for the win!

Cool King
11-18-2009, 12:06 PM
My vote goes to Jack Swagger.

Though I must be at the wrong forum.

"TPPW.net Rookie of the Year 2009."

:p

The Gold Standard
11-18-2009, 01:31 PM
I think it has to be Swagger

Ruien
11-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Swagger is the complete package already.

XCaliber
11-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Ryder all the way but what about Ziggler?

Phenomenal 1
11-20-2009, 05:17 PM
bumping

thread closes in 2 days...get your votes in guys

Godfather4Life
11-21-2009, 04:27 AM
How bout Sheamus quickly moved from ECW to Raw..gotta tell you something

Nicky Fives
11-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Jack Swagger..... he has the potential to be great in a couple of years....I'm not his biggest supporter, but he is currently the best of the 'rookies' mentioned

Phenomenal 1
11-25-2009, 04:43 PM
and the award goes to:

http://www.tpww.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6220&d=1259097046

Loose Cannon
11-25-2009, 04:52 PM
I don't know who the fuck he is, but Doug Williams.

Phenomenal 1
11-25-2009, 05:06 PM
dude poll closed like 4 days ago

Phenomenal 1
11-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Doug Williams is the other half of the TNA Tag Team Champion with Brutus Magnus, the British Invasion

Loose Cannon
11-25-2009, 06:49 PM
shut the fuck up

Phenomenal 1
11-26-2009, 02:06 AM
oh my...so much hostility....take a vicadin and kick back bro