PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION - Should Kane win MITB this year at Mania and then cash in and win?

Heyman
11-21-2009, 02:22 PM
QUESTION - Should Kane win MITB this year at Mania and then cash in and win?

I was thinking about this last night, and figured that NOW would be a good time to give props to a guy that his been a team player since Day 1. Make no mistake about it. Glenn Jacobs (Kane) is right up there with the likes of Mick Foley and Owen Hart (RIP) in terms of being a 'company first' guy.

Kane probably doesn't have a lot of time left, and I think NOW would be a great time to give him one last temporary World/WWE Title run....where he actually wins at Mania.

Here are some of the matches that I had in mind for Mania:

-RAW World Title: Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H
-Smackdown World Title: Edge vs. Batista
-Match: John Cena vs. The Rock (or Batista)
-Match: Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho
-Match: Rey Mysterio vs. Evan Bourne
-Match: CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy (returns before Mania)
-MITB: Big Show vs. Christian vs. Matt Hardy vs. Kofi vs. MVP vs. Kane

etc.

Anyway - in my scenario, Kane would win MITB and then "cash in" right after a Shawn Michaels/Triple H match (a match that Triple H would win). Kane then cleanly and convincingly defeats a tired Triple H to win the World Title.

Kane's world title run would be short and transitional in nature (i.e. maybe similar to Eddie Guerrero's from 2004), but it would be the WWE's way of giving their respects to a guy that clearly deserves it based on merit.

GD
11-21-2009, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't mind Kane winning the Heavyweight title. After all he has been loyal to the company for so long.

But I would like to see him get into a solid storyline before he can actually do it.

No comments on your card.

kareru
11-21-2009, 02:26 PM
MITB is where danielson should make his debut as a mystery entrant
then cash it in that night and almost win the title, it would be a great way to debut the best wrestler in teh world

Waylander
11-21-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm not personally a fan of Kane as a wrestler so I wouldn't like to see it although it would make for exciting TV at least.

Your Wrestlemania looks good, although you forgot the divas :D

Heyman
11-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Your Wrestlemania looks good, although you forgot the divas :D

Hey,

I didn't post my full Wrestlemania card....just a few matches that came to mind. Obviously, there will be more matches than the ones I listed. :p

CSL
11-21-2009, 02:29 PM
http://davidbix.byethost32.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/CM-Punk.jpg

Hat-trick

CSL
11-21-2009, 02:31 PM
then cash it in that night and almost win the title, it would be a great way to debut the best wrestler in teh world

Great way for him to debut if that match was in ROH, sure. If that happened at Mania, you'd be able to hear some guy in the nosebleeds fart with how quiet it would be

Heyman
11-21-2009, 02:31 PM

It's an interesting idea but there's no way that the WWE will let a 'complete stranger' (in there eyes) do that. In the WWE's eyes, it would undermine the WWE if an average/below average sized guy came in and did that.

I do like the idea of Danielson being a surprise entrant however. :y:

XCaliber
11-21-2009, 03:27 PM
If there gonna put a belt on him it should be the WHC and they should have him hold it for a decent amount of time none of this transitional crap.

#1-norm-fan
11-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Kane winning the world title at WM just doesn't work for me at all as it stands now. It would take a lot of work character-wise for that to be in any way good.

Swiss Ultimate
11-21-2009, 05:52 PM

waaaaay too big a push for a guy nobody outside of the indie scene has ever seen.

Heyman
11-21-2009, 05:55 PM
If there gonna put a belt on him it should be the WHC and they should have him hold it for a decent amount of time none of this transitional crap.

By 'transition', I meant atleast a 3 month title reign.

The WWE will never make Kane their #1 guy in the company, or position him as such. At this point his career, they probably shouldn't do that anyways...nor do I think they would.

Hence - my proposal for a slightly more realistic scenario....where Kane has a title run, drops the title, and then returns back to the mid-cards a la Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, etc.

Swiss Ultimate
11-21-2009, 05:57 PM
I think we're going to see a Kane heel turn this Wrestlemania, his alliance with his brother Undertaker being just an excuse for Vince McMahon to maneuver for an Undertaker last stand.

With Undertaker's streak ended, he'll be understandably pissed off. Have him mow down those who betrayed him until next Survivor Series where he'll retire. It'd be fitting to end it where it all began. Maybe have it either be Vince VS. Undertaker and have Undertaker just destroy him for a nice fan pay-off or against Kane to end it all.

GD
11-21-2009, 05:58 PM

Dude he has already won both the WWE & ECW Heavyweight titles. That would be epic in one sense. Kane a former WWE, ECW & World Heavyweight Champion.

Kane Knight
11-22-2009, 12:17 PM
http://davidbix.byethost32.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/CM-Punk.jpg

Hat-trick
Pikachu 4 WHC.

The Show Off
11-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Great way for him to debut if that match was in ROH, sure. If that happened at Mania, you'd be able to hear some guy in the nosebleeds fart with how quiet it would be

Not at Wrestlemania. At Wrestlemania is where the smarks come our in droves...

I'm not saying he's get a big pop or anything but he'd get at least a luke warm reception at from half the crowd which would be smarks.

thegoat10
11-22-2009, 07:22 PM
i like the idea but kane needs somewhat of a push

Nark Order
11-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Pikachu 4 WHC.

That's clearly Elekid, you pokenoob!

FourFifty
11-22-2009, 10:23 PM
I think Cole-slaw may have said it best.... Not like this, not this way.
Yea, I'd like to see The Big Red Machine get one more major push, and I'd cream my pants if he got a major title run, but I'd rather see him hold onto MITB for a while instead of cashing it in that night.

screech
11-22-2009, 11:28 PM
He should have had it last year.

On the ECW before Mania (or maybe a few weeks before), he cleared the ring and ascended the ladder to pose with the briefcase. I joked that he stole the contract and signed his match for after the WM main event.

He should totally do that this year.

screech
11-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Seriously though, I do think he should win the case and torment the champions until he decides and goes after one of them. As I have said in other related threads, he deserves a run with the big gold belt (be nice to have him hold all three "major" belts) before he retires.

Mr. Nerfect
11-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Seriously though, I do think he should win the case and torment the champions until he decides and goes after one of them. As I have said in other related threads, he deserves a run with the big gold belt (be nice to have him hold all three "major" belts) before he retires.

I don't think Kane should win Money in the Bank, but if he did win it, that is how I would like to see his MITB run handled. He shows up on all three shows, stepping out of the shadows while the champion is doing interviews, just cackling maniacally.

I want to see Kane achieve something legendary in his career. I don't think MITB suits him, though. I would like to see him win the World Heavyweight Title -- making him the first person to have officially been WWE Champion, ECW Champion and World Heavyweight Champion.

XCaliber
11-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Come to think of it i'd rather see him win The Rumble and break his own record that would be a great push setup but I doubt that will ever happen.

Kane Knight
11-23-2009, 10:33 AM
That's clearly Elekid, you pokenoob!
Please tell me you're taking the piss.

Mr. Nerfect
11-24-2009, 06:31 AM
Come to think of it i'd rather see him win The Rumble and break his own record that would be a great push setup but I doubt that will ever happen.

Could be very cool, though. Would surprise people, and if all the other guys are locked for big main event-level matches, what's the harm in trying to get Kane over as a monster who is the best he has ever been?