PDA

View Full Version : Most Deserving Wrestlers Who are NOT in the WWE Hall of Fame

CWK
11-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Singles Wrestlers:

Bruno Sammartino
"Macho Man" Randy Savage
Bob Backlund
Sting
"Ravishing" Rick Rude
"Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Owen Hart
Honky Tonk Man
Lou Thesz
Mr. Wrestling II
Brian Pillman
"Gorgeous" George Wagner
Barry Windham

Tag Teams:

The Road Warriors
Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard
The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, Buddy Jack Roberts)

Managers:

Slick
Paul Bearer/Percy Pringle

Celebrity Wing:

Bob Uecker
Donald Trump

Promoters:

Stu Hart & Helen Hart
Paul Bosch
Sam Muschnick

Announcers:

Lance Russell

Gertner
11-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Add two very under-rated wrestlers to that mix; Rick Martel and Barry Windham.

CWK
11-23-2009, 12:10 PM
You know I was thinking of Barry Windham

CSL
11-23-2009, 12:11 PM
http://themixtapemonster.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/vader.jpg

CWK
11-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Fixed

DAMN iNATOR
11-23-2009, 12:14 PM
You forgot one obvious guy who should stick out like a sore thumb on your singles list (put in *SPOILER* tag due to size):

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Rock-Bull-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-775398_1178_1319.jpg

CWK
11-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Ehhh,

It should be a few more years on The Rock, I have a feeling we are going to see more memorable stuff with him. It will be that much more special when he does go in, he is worthy of the HOF now I think, but it should be a couple of more years, he's only 37.

CWK
11-23-2009, 12:19 PM
You know for every singles wrestler I listed, its a travesty that Koko B. Ware got in before all of those guys.

Gertner
11-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Yokozuna should get some consideration. He moved extremely well for a guy his size and was the top heel in the WWF for a few years.

Gertner
11-23-2009, 12:21 PM
You mention Lance Russell but no mention of Gordon Solie?

CSL
11-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Isn't Solie already in? JR loves him big time

CWK
11-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Gordon Solie went into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2008, alongside Ric Flair and others.

kareru
11-23-2009, 12:40 PM
sting was never in wwf was he?

CWK
11-23-2009, 12:41 PM
sting was never in wwf was he?

Yeah but that doesn't mean anything now, there are tons of people who never worked for WWE that went into their Hall of Fame.

TGR
11-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Sting needs to be in there. Paul Heyman should probably be up there as well.

I'd like to see Goldust recognized, although the HoF status may be debatable, as he's never been a world champion or anything more than a really solid midcarder.

Paul Bearer would also be a great addition.

kareru
11-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Yeah but that doesn't mean anything now, there are tons of people who never worked for WWE that went into their Hall of Fame.

well in that case sting should have been in there years ago

CWK
11-23-2009, 12:45 PM
If Koko B. Ware can be in the Hall of Fame, Goldust could too, he was extremely hot in the WWE back in 1995 & 1996 especially.

TheFallenOneX
11-23-2009, 12:45 PM
You forgot one obvious guy who should stick out like a sore thumb on your singles list (put in *SPOILER* tag due to size):

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Rock-Bull-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-775398_1178_1319.jpg

I was really thinking it was gonna be Steve Blackmon

kareru
11-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Bam Bam Bigelow

CWK
11-23-2009, 12:48 PM
I see Bruno Sammartino becuase he held the WWE title for 7.5 years straight, I see Bob Backlund because he held the WWE title for over 5 years straight, I see Stu Hart because he was such a great wrestler/trainer of wrestlers/promoters in history, and Macho Man just because, as the biggest snubs of the Hall of Fame, there is no reason why those guys aren't in.

Sixx
11-23-2009, 12:51 PM
well in that case sting should have been in there years ago

Sting is currently working for the rival company, so it's a different story.

Wolfpack423
11-23-2009, 12:59 PM
"Macho Man" Randy Savage
Bruno Sammartino
Ted Dibiase
I know alot don't like him but The Ultimate Warrior-I liked him from 1988-1991
The Rock
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Chyna
Lita
Trish Stratus
Owen Hart
The British Bulldog(s)-both deserve a spot

Fignuts
11-23-2009, 01:03 PM
The Destroyer

TerranRich
11-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Sting is currently working for the rival company, so it's a different story.

Wasn't Roddy Piper making regular appearances on TNA just before they inducted him into the HOF?

TGR
11-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Wont happen, but RVD would be a damn good inductee as well.

Lock Jaw
11-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Mr. T

Lock Jaw
11-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Wont happen, but RVD would be a damn good inductee as well.

No.

erickman
11-23-2009, 01:18 PM
i am suprised ether the rock an roll express or the midnight express are not in

Vastardikai
11-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Much of the people included, as well as:

Kevin Sullivan (For creating the first major dark angles.)

TGR
11-23-2009, 01:46 PM
No.

Yes.

See? I can make lame ass rebuttals too. Back up your reasoning.

BigDaddyCool
11-23-2009, 01:58 PM
RVD is still wrestling off and on. Plus he was a big fish in the little pond of ECW, and medium sized fish in the sea of WWE. He is ok, not great.

Providence Peep
11-23-2009, 02:05 PM
HillBilly Jim and Uncle Elmer! :y:

Anybody Thrilla
11-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Kurt Angle

blake639raw
11-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Definately not RVD. Yeah, he was over as hell when he first came to WWE, and arguably could have done more. However, they didn't do much with him, and potential does not = HOF.

And yes, I know that Koko B. Ware is in the HOF, so that's not a reason he should be inducted either, just because he's better than the Birdman.

TerranRich
11-23-2009, 02:25 PM
LMAO, Rob Van Dam is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, but he is NOT Hall of Fame material, nor do I see it happening at all.

Anybody Thrilla
11-23-2009, 02:31 PM
RVD > Koko B. Ware in terms of ability and accomplishments even. Why not?

blake639raw
11-23-2009, 02:34 PM
RVD > Koko B. Ware in terms of ability and accomplishments even. Why not? No doubt RVD was alot better and bigger of a name than Koko. I don't agree with Koko being in the HOF either. My point is, now that's Koko's been inducted, everybody uses him as an excuse as to why their favorite wrestler should be inducted. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Anybody Thrilla
11-23-2009, 02:37 PM
All I'm saying is that it isn't outside the realm of possibility for RVD to be inducted if Koko was. I don't necessarily think he should be in either, but I won't be shocked if it happens now.

blake639raw
11-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Well, I mean, I guess anything is possible, but in RVD's case, he was made in ECW, and plus when you consider the whole getting busted thing, IDK.

CSL
11-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Dynamite Kid

Lock Jaw
11-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Back up your reasoning.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Trrrath/Picture2.png

TGR
11-23-2009, 04:31 PM
You could have saved us both a lot of time and simply told me you were dumb.

Anybody Thrilla
11-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Well, I mean, I guess anything is possible, but in RVD's case, he was made in ECW, and plus when you consider the whole getting busted thing, IDK.

He was still a WWE champion at one point. I don't think Koko B. Ware ever even won a food fight in WWE.

Sixx
11-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Wasn't Roddy Piper making regular appearances on TNA just before they inducted him into the HOF?

Actually, I don't know.

Heyman
11-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Lita

I'm not so sure about this one.

p.s. Isn't Owen Hart already in the HOF?

Nicky Fives
11-23-2009, 06:17 PM
pretty much your entire list is more than deserving... screw Donald Trump though....

XCaliber
11-23-2009, 06:19 PM
You forgot Demolition particularly Barry Darsow.

TLHOPPER
11-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Bob Backlund and Bruno Sammartino would've been in years ago but they both turned down the oppurtunity to be inducted

Loose Cannon
11-23-2009, 07:31 PM
there's tons of guys

Jordan
11-23-2009, 08:09 PM
If the WWE had a genius like me working for them they could kill two birds with one stone. WWE needs to put a fire under the tag division right... ok so Big Show is injured... and Jerishow is the greatest thing to happen to Tag Team's since Edge and Christian. I would have Vince or whoever come out and vacate the Unfiied Tag Titles and say at Wrestlemania there will be a four team tournament to crown new champions. So over the new few months debut new teams and form new teams with lost causes, try to make some great things happen. All leading up to this Tag Team themed Wrestlemania attraction with the HOF being three great teams that were never inducted, LOD, Arn and Tully, and The Freebirds. I would also feature Owent Hart's induction and Ted Diabiase.

weather vane
11-24-2009, 01:41 AM
Vince McMahon
The Rock
Macho Man
Sting
Rick Rude
Legion of Doom
Paul Heyman
Freebirds
Demolition
Owen Hart
Ultimate Warrior
The 4 Horsemen
Trish Stratus
Honky Tonk Man
Ted DiBiase
Dudley Boyz
Shawn Micheals
Triple H
Kurt Angle
Mick Foley
Bruno Sammartino
Bob Backlund
The Undertaker
Bill Goldberg
Chris Jericho
The Hart Foundation
The Steiner Brothers
Gene Kiniski
Harlem Heat
Rock n Roll Express
Sunny
Miss Elizabeth
Jim Cornette
Jake Roberts
Stu Hart

CWK
11-24-2009, 01:44 AM
pretty much your entire list is more than deserving... screw Donald Trump though....

Donald Trump is probably the most deserving celebrity to be inducted. he has been involved at four different Wrestlemanias. He hosted and attended Wrestlemania 4 and 5, was in attendance at Wrestlemania 7, and was invovled in a huge storyline with Vince for Wrestlemania 23. If William "The Refridgerator" Perry can be in for being in one measly little battle royal for like 5 minutes, then Trump definitely deserves it.

CWK
11-24-2009, 01:49 AM
I do think Ultimate Warrior deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. People may knock his wrestling abilities now and all of that, but for a few years, there was absolutely positively NOBODY bigger in the wrestling business from 1989 to 1991, even Hogan wasn't a comparison IMO. Ultimate Warrior was white hot during that time.

Ruien
11-24-2009, 03:57 AM
Who is Koko B Ware and what makes him not to be in the HoF? There has to be a reason Vince and Co put him in there.

Gertner
11-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Donald Trump is probably the most deserving celebrity to be inducted. he has been involved at four different Wrestlemanias. He hosted and attended Wrestlemania 4 and 5, was in attendance at Wrestlemania 7, and was invovled in a huge storyline with Vince for Wrestlemania 23. If William "The Refridgerator" Perry can be in for being in one measly little battle royal for like 5 minutes, then Trump definitely deserves it.

Agree 100%

Schlomey
11-24-2009, 01:37 PM
1. Jake The Snake Roberts
2. Celebrity: Alice Cooper
3. John Tenta
4. Ultimate Warrior
5. Randy Savage
6. Eric Bischoff (:D)

Phenomenal 1
11-24-2009, 04:58 PM
No one has mentioned it yet, but how about Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson...I think these guys legacies left in the professional wrestling world speak for themselves, and they set the trend in the 80's of what a real stable in wrestling was supposed and is supposed to look like. And plus if you induct Arn Anderson, he might just give you HIS spot in the 4 horseman and you can take average size/speed/strength and parlay that into one hell of a wrestling forum poster career....LOL

Schlomey
11-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Arn is a backstage guy. He deserves it more than most ..sadly i totally forgot him. Good call Gimmick :D

Phenomenal 1
11-24-2009, 05:10 PM
another backstage guy that sadly was cut short of what could have been a better career through more US and TV based exposure could have been Dean Malenko.....he's gets my soft spot vote!!

CWK
11-25-2009, 01:41 AM
I mentioned Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard in the initial post that started this thread, phenominal tag team. Tully especially was so underrated.

Indifferent Clox
11-25-2009, 01:44 AM
i feel you should have to be over 55, retired, paralyzed, or dead. OR at least in the business 20 years if you aren't over 50.

Droford
11-25-2009, 01:49 AM
Celebrity Wing

ANDY FN KAUFMAN

CWK
11-25-2009, 01:58 AM
I feel horrible for forgetting this, but Muhammad Ali deserves it, special guest referee at the first Wrestlemania, definitely should be in.

Its weird that there is no boxer in the HOF yet and there have been tons of boxers involved at Wrestlemanias over the years, let me see if i remember....

Muhammad Ali
Mike Tyson
Floyd Mayweather
Butterbean
Sugar Ray Leonard (Only in the crowd attending)
Marvelous Marvin Hagler (Only in the crowd attending)
Mr. T (not really a boxer, but was in a boxing match)

Indifferent Clox
11-25-2009, 02:45 AM
what about that guy who hosted last week?

Phenomenal 1
11-25-2009, 06:49 AM
i feel you should have to be over 55, retired, paralyzed, or dead. OR at least in the business 20 years if you aren't over 50.

I disagree....i think it was fitting that they put someone like Eddie Guerrero in the year that they did....the man revolutionized and help paved the way for Mexican and Latino wrestlers of the next generation have a name and a face in American mainstream wrestling. He always upheld the traditions and style of what his father taught him and he always had respect for his craft and his fellow peers in the business. Through thick and thin of his personal problems, his professional legacy never suffered except cutting his career short. Kudos to WWE for inducting him. It was the right thing.

Phenomenal 1
11-25-2009, 07:03 AM
I mentioned Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard in the initial post that started this thread, phenominal tag team. Tully especially was so underrated.

Finally something we agree on CWK....Tully Blanchard was underrated.....the feuds he had over the NWA Television and United States championships were sometimes the best match on the card, minus a Ric Flair NWA Title Match. The feuds he had with guys like Lex Luger, Barry Windam, Mike Rotunda, Magnum TA, Dusty Rhodes, Ronnie Garvin, and many others is what made those titles so sought after in my book. Tully should definitely be a first time balloter into the WWE's Wrestling Hall of Fame, since its not strictly limited to guys from just WWE.

DAMN iNATOR
11-25-2009, 07:18 AM
I'm not just saying this because he or his one-word catchphrase was the inspiration for my user name here, but I'd love to see the rumors of Ron Simmons going into the Hall of Fame next year come true. He was great as the first ever Afro-American WCW Champion back in 1992, he was oh-so-awesome in the A.P.A., and every time he uttered that magical, monosyllabic word in response to a ridiculous situation it just cracked me up. And lastly, but most certainly not least, there's not even that many people who know of Ron's football career but he's in the College Football Hall of Fame.

If that's not an impressive life and career worthy of a Hall of Fame induction, then I'd rather nobody ever again be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. Seriously.

Phenomenal 1
11-25-2009, 07:30 AM
I'm not just saying this because he or his one-word catchphrase was the inspiration for my user name here, but I'd love to see the rumors of Ron Simmons going into the Hall of Fame next year come true. He was great as the first ever Afro-American WCW Champion back in 1992, he was oh-so-awesome in the A.P.A., and every time he uttered that magical, monosyllabic word in response to a ridiculous situation it just cracked me up. And lastly, but most certainly not least, there's not even that many people who know of Ron's football career but he's in the College Football Hall of Fame.

If that's not an impressive life and career worthy of a Hall of Fame induction, then I'd rather nobody ever again be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. Seriously.

Not only that but it has to say something when you are put over a man like Big Van Vader's caliber and you get to win the strap off of him.

Johnny Vegas
11-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Farooq/Ron Simmons?

fanatic7707
11-25-2009, 03:08 PM
I do agree with some of the names listed but there are others that I think also deserve a little recognition.

"Macho Man" Randy Savage
"Ravishing" Rick Rude
Honky Tonk Man
Trish Stratus
Stacy Keibler
Rikishi
"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
Clarence Mason
Larry Zbyszko

Nicky Fives
11-25-2009, 06:26 PM

only celebrity that even deserves to be inducted is Mr. T.....

Swiss Ultimate
11-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Some Jobber from Canada who was silent, but very violent.

Dante69
11-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Sting
'The Macho Man' Randy Savage
The Honky Tonk Man
Bob Backlund
Bruno Samartino
Jake"The Snake"Roberts
The Road Warriors
The Fabulous Freebirds
The Four Horsemen
The Ultimate Warrior