PDA

View Full Version : I miss WCW Worldwide

Rollermacka
11-23-2009, 03:31 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JWyCQ8u9jkk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JWyCQ8u9jkk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ah, the good old days of WCW Worldwide before it became a clip show (.... and WCW went belly up). Dose anybody else miss the chance to see guys like Rick Fuller, Mike Enos, and Barry Darsow (who uses barley legal in the vid) win matches?

CSL
11-23-2009, 03:33 PM
The older Worldwide with Scotty Flamengo squashing bitches, Liger featured during the opening sequence, Jesse Ventura, bags of awesomeness

DrA
11-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Yeah I wish there was still a program where I could get my weekly updates on WCW.

Xero
11-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Update for the week of 11/15/09: http://www.lordsofpain.net/reports/tna/impact/5038.html

Gertner
11-23-2009, 04:01 PM
I've been saying that someone like Knox should use the Barely Legal as a finisher. That shit looked painful. Worldwide was awesome. Used to get up at 7am before school and watch it. The banter between Heenan and Tony Schiavonie used to be hilarious when they hosted it.

Gertner
11-23-2009, 04:02 PM
btw love how Tolbert used Jericho's first WCW theme.

Hanso Amore
11-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Watching jobber tag matches between High VOltage and Disordlery COnduct I miss.

I loved how Flair would show up as champ every so often and get a good match out of Hard Working Bobby Walker and the rest of Teddy Longs jobber stable.

redoneja
11-23-2009, 04:38 PM
I kinda miss WCW as a whole. With so many wrestlers on their roster and 7 hrs of programming a week at one point, alot of the undercard talent really got a chance to actually wrestle. Their PPVs through 1997 were also good in regards to the variety of talent appearing on them each month. People rag on Hogan for staying on top too long during the nWo years but there were numerous events where he wasn't apart of the main event. For example, the Savage/DDP feud was the main event for a couple PPVs in early 1997. That's a big disconnect from current WWE events where the main event is typically rehashed title matches.

Hanso Amore
11-23-2009, 04:48 PM
At least hogan took 6 months off a year for movies/TV/vacation. I wish Cena was gone that much

Gertner
11-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Hogan would always take time off during the NBA playoffs because ratings would always decrease and when his contract would come up he would ask for more money pointing to the fact that ratings dropped when he wasn't there.

redoneja
11-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Hogan would always take time off during the NBA playoffs because ratings would always decrease and when his contract would come up he would ask for more money pointing to the fact that ratings dropped when he wasn't there.

lol yea, I read about that a while ago. Pretty brilliant, to be honest.

Gertner
11-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Hogan is the smartest man in wrestling by far.

Juan
11-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Dose