PDA

View Full Version : Lauren Mayhew already done with WWE

Juan
11-24-2009, 06:24 PM
It would appear that Lauren Mayhew's brief tenure with World Wrestling Entertainment has already come to an end as her pictures and profile were removed from the company website's ECW section this afternoon. Furthermore, her name was removed from its Divas section as well. WWE has yet to make an official announcement concerning her apparent departure from the company.

Mayhew was hired this past September to take over the ring announcing void Lilian Garcia left behind when she decided to part ways with the company after a decade-plus relationship. Shortly thereafter, Mayhew begun working as the ring announcer for its ECW brand.

Mayhew is an aspiring recording artist who has worked alongside some of the biggest names in the music industry, superstars such as Britney Spears, Beyoncé Knowles and Kelly Rowland to name a few. She even performed at the Super Bowl as frontwoman for the teen group PYT. Mayhew has also branched out into acting as she will be appearing in Frat Party, which is set for release next month on DVD. You can also catch Lauren in the upcoming MTV pilot series Private High Musical, scheduled for 2010.

parkmania
11-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Did she ever make it on camera?

Either way, no big loss. It seemed like she just didn't "get it" as far as being a ring announcer goes.

Phenomenal 1
11-24-2009, 06:51 PM
she didn't seem to have any flamboyancy or that "it" factor when it comes to being a ring announcer....a pale comparison to Lillian Garcia and no where near in the league of other wrestling ring announcers...sadly as pretty as she is, i'm not upset if she is getting "future endeavors" from WWE.

Well enough is enough and its time for a change....bring back the Fink or Gary Michael Copeda!!!

Godfather4Life
11-24-2009, 07:03 PM
FINK FINK FINK!!!!

XCaliber
11-24-2009, 07:07 PM
To be honest I liked her but she was inconsistent she'd annouce one person spot on and then the next person could be totally awful.

TGR
11-24-2009, 08:14 PM
She was a terrible announcer. Couldn't flourish worth a damn.

I hate to say this, but I miss Lillian.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Either bring back the Fink or hire me. I'm ok with either option.

Innovator
11-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Oh she had a name...

RGWhat316
11-24-2009, 08:50 PM
She was an alright announcer, but in the times I heard her, she would usually stress the names wrong.

TerranRich
11-24-2009, 08:55 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. She was terrible as a ring announcer. Lilian was 100 times. But yeah, having the Fink back would be epic. :D

Schlomey
11-24-2009, 09:50 PM
This is exciting news.

Theo Dious
11-24-2009, 11:38 PM
Is she related to Chewbacca?

Lock Jaw
11-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Chewbacca would have made a better ring announcer.

TerranRich
11-25-2009, 02:56 AM
And here's Chewie to tell us the rules of the Royal Rumble!

"RRRRRRRRRRHHHHH!! AARRHRRHUUUUHHHRHR!! HRHHRHRHRRRRR!"

DAMN iNATOR
11-25-2009, 07:20 AM
YES! There is a God. Now, please get Vince on the horn to Howard Finkel and have Fink report to the ECW ring ASAP.

Phenomenal 1
11-25-2009, 07:32 AM
or Gary Michael Copeda....the guy with the hanging voice from the early WCW days who just like disappeared out of no where.....I always loved his Ravishing Rick Rude intros...

The Pope
11-25-2009, 06:19 PM
awful ring announcer. Up Next.....

parkmania
11-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Anyone know what Michael Buffer's doing these days???

Actually, never mind. He was always way too over the top on WCW, so I doubt he'd be much better now.

Mr. Nerfect
11-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Michael Buffer's announcing would take up half of ECW's run-time.

I actually liked Lauren. She didn't quite get announcing, but she could have grown into it. I don't actually recall her making mistakes. She just didn't have her emphasis right, and it sounded awkward. Technically, I liked her better than Lilian Garcia. I'm glad that Justin Roberts in on RAW, and Tony Chimel is a solid announcer in his own right. I wish they would bring back The Fink to ECW, for a while.

My gut tells me that Savannah will get the job, though.

RGWhat316
11-26-2009, 12:54 AM
WWE maybe signing Becky Bayless. Well at least she has already been used in an online skit. So maybe she will do some announcing.