PDA

View Full Version : MAKE IT or BREAK IT for Shelton Benjamin? (ECW Spoilers)

Juan
11-25-2009, 02:00 AM
So Benjamin became the number one contender for the ECW title tonight and will face Christian at TLC in a Ladder match.

Obviously, this has Match of the Night written all over it, but do you think that if the match doesn't deliver, that it could be Shelton's "last chance"?

Indifferent Clox
11-25-2009, 02:04 AM
I don't think there is a chance of them fucking this up. It's Christian and Benjamin. Unless WWE only allows 10 minutes or some bullshit then this should be amazing.

KYR
11-25-2009, 02:08 AM
I hope not.

I've never been 'big' on Shelton but he can wrestle. He's had pushes in the past and I seem to recall - maybe JR - saying that he can be his own worst enemy at times by not giving 100%. Maybe this IS his last chance but having said that though, I think Shelton will win.

Rammsteinmad
11-25-2009, 03:50 AM
Christian VS Shelton Benjamin in a Ladder Match = :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I don't think the question is if THEY can deliver, it's if WWE will let them deliver. This is the ECW title remember, so they're hardly gonna allow it to upstage any DX match. With that in mind the match will probably only be about 10 minutes long. :foc:

Indifferent Clox
11-25-2009, 04:11 AM
that's exactly what i said rammsteinmad

Rammsteinmad
11-25-2009, 04:35 AM
I said it better. :p

DAMN iNATOR
11-25-2009, 04:36 AM
I hope not.

I've never been 'big' on Shelton but he can wrestle. He's had pushes in the past and I seem to recall - maybe JR - saying that he can be his own worst enemy at times by not giving 100%. Maybe this IS his last chance but having said that though, I think Shelton will win.

I don't know, man. As J.R. likes to say during especially competitive matches he calls/called, "this one could get bowling shoe ugly..."

Indifferent Clox
11-25-2009, 04:45 AM
but bowling shoes are actually in style now.

Jimmy Cones
11-25-2009, 05:42 AM
I think Shelton might actually be my favorite current wrestler. I really hope they give the match enough time to be great. The only way I see Shelton messing this up is by blowing the finish. They both have plenty of ladder match experience with the TLC matches and the money in the bank matches. Very good booking for ECW as of late. I hope it continues.

Indifferent Clox
11-25-2009, 06:53 AM
I want to see Danielson interfere in this so bad.

Schlomey
11-25-2009, 08:41 AM
I got hiiiigh hopes i got hiiiigh hopes I got hiiiigh Shelton pie in the skyyyyy hopes.

So it will be good. I'm high on this.

Nicky Fives
11-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Shelton will screw it up, like he always does..... I expect a botchfest, which breaks my heart..... Shelton deserves the push, but he needs to step up his game ASAP

ImpactPlayer365
11-25-2009, 01:00 PM
i think everyone is expecting a botch or two...but i think Benjamin will discipline himself enough...and he's working with probly the best worker in WWE today in Christian..so yeah..match of the night. TLC with probly all the oldest wrestlers WWE has isn't going to be spectacular like a TLC match should be. Sheamus still is new so him and Cena is still a wait to be seen kinda match. A chair match seems really odd to me since people use chairs in all matches anyhow, but Taker is old and not so mobile...and Batista is...well...Batista. So they have great potential to be the gimmick match of the night at least.

Evil Vito
11-25-2009, 01:05 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I think this is as high as Shelton is going to get. He's had several IC and US Title reigns already. Given that on Raw they officially acknowledged that the ECW Title was not a World Title by having Henry, Swagger, and Chavo compete in the Breakthrough matches...winning the ECW Title probably will be at the same level he's already been.

If he wins the ECW Title, I could see him and Christian having a friendly rivalry going until Christian is ultimately drafted away. However, I don't see Shelton ever winning a real World title on either of the other shows at this point. So with that being said, I don't think this is even a make it or break it situation.</font>

Johnny Vegas
11-25-2009, 02:20 PM
When he had the US title, he could've had more personality. I did like the "during the match THIS IS THE GOLD STANDARD: GOTCHA!" thing he did...(does he still do that?) but i think this will definitely be one of his best matches and the MOTN..match of the year maybe?

Mr. Nerfect
11-25-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm looking forward to the match. I enjoy both men, and feel that they both have enough to prove that this will be a great showing from them. They also thrive in these sort of environments.

For some reason, I am expecting the title change. Everything just seems right for it.

Dorkchop
11-25-2009, 11:24 PM
So what if he never gets a main event push. He's been in a pretty good spot for the past couple of years. WWE has always found a way to use him... which is surprising because WWE only seem to do things with guys they want to push to the moon. "Mid card" guys tend to become jobbers to main eventers or green monsters fairly quickly.

He's in a comfortable spot. I'd love to see him in the main event scene. Despite being one of the best wrestlers of all time, Benoit never really got a solid main event push until pretty much 2003.

One thing I've noticed is that guys who get over solely on in ring talent take a lot longer to get to the main event scene. Maybe it'll actually happen one day. If not, as long as WWE don't job him out left and right I'll be happy.

XCaliber
11-26-2009, 02:26 PM
As far as Shelton goes he's never had an issue when it comes to delivering in the ring he is one of WWE's greatest athletes just look at his matches with HBK. That alone should at the very least keep on the midcard and I think he's a good guy to built the company around. It's been said on numerous ocassions that his mic work is his downfall but maybe with a little more experience and maybe even confidence for that matter he will break through and become a World Champion.

Swiss Ultimate
11-26-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm just glad to know that Shelton is still working for the WWE.

GD
11-26-2009, 03:14 PM
<font color=goldenrod> Given that on Raw they officially acknowledged that the ECW Title was not a World Title by having Henry, Swagger, and Chavo compete in the Breakthrough matches...winning the ECW Title probably will be at the same level he's already been. </font>

:?:

Heyman
11-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Hopefully, Benjamin makes something of himself one of these days. It would be a shame to see such a talented wrestler go to waste. I'm not sure if this particular match/feud will be "make it or break it" for Benjamin, but we'll see.

In my opinion, the WWE are retarded for even having Benjamin and Christian on ECW in the 1st place.

RatedGSuperstar
11-26-2009, 05:59 PM
For some reason, I am expecting the title change. Everything just seems right for it.

I'm expecting a switch, too. The only problem, then, is figuring out what the hell to do with Christian on ECW until the next draft (or big trade). It's a lot easier to keep Shelton busy with midcard feuds (which on ECW really become lower-card feuds) than it is to keep Christian busy.

I do think everything's right for Christian to drop the title, though. With the exception of Tommy Dreamer's short goodbye reign, Christian's held the title since Backlash and his current reign is the longest on the show since C.M. Punk's. The fact that the title is finally being put on the line in a PPV for the first time in seemingly ages and it's a match type that Shelton's done well with in the past, I can see a switch happening.

Evil Vito
11-26-2009, 07:55 PM
:?:

<font color=goldenrod>The object of the Breakthrough Battle Royal matches on Raw was that it would involve people who have never held a World Title. Jack Swagger, Mark Henry, and Chavo Guerrero...all former ECW champions, were involved. Thus, even WWE admits it is not a World Title. If it were, those guys wouldn't have been involved and ECW probably would have had some representation in the whole thing.</font>

Johnny Vegas
11-26-2009, 08:42 PM
On a side note, there goes the "wow factor" for TLC matches (this next PPV i mean)

parkmania
11-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Someone better call Shelton's momma!