PDA

View Full Version : I'm actually excited about this... (Raw spoilers)

Rammsteinmad
11-25-2009, 04:01 AM
Since nobody else has mentioned this (to my knowledge), John Cena will be facing Sheamus in a Tables match at TLC.

I'm actually quite excited about this simply because Sheamus is still a rookie and it's interesting to see if he can deliver when being thrown straight into the main event. Especially on the Raw brand, WWE must have pretty high hopes for him.

Plus it's cool to see Cena against someone completely new, not Orton, Triple H or Michaels etc, but someone who's barely been in the WWE that long.

I'm not expecting a five star classic, nor am I expecting Sheamus to actually win, but it's just cool to see what happens.

Indifferent Clox
11-25-2009, 04:12 AM
I am also looking forward to this.

Rammsteinmad
11-25-2009, 04:36 AM
That's exactly what I said IC. :p

Indifferent Clox
11-25-2009, 04:44 AM
lol very true

Jimmy Cones
11-25-2009, 06:02 AM
I liked it at first, but I'm not sure if they can make Sheamus look good and still have Cena win.

Indifferent Clox
11-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Cena will getput through a table, which vince mcmahon will then remove quickly while the ref is distracted futhering the conspiracy angle.

Dorkchop
11-25-2009, 11:39 AM
I'm looking forward to this is well. I guess having HHH backing you can really help your push.

It won't happen, nor should it, but I'm pretty sure all of us would mark out if Sheamus actually won.

I just hope he looks good in that match. We really need some new main eventers. We haven't had this many new guys get pushed this much since 1998. it's getting pretty exciting.

Schlomey
11-25-2009, 11:52 AM
The match stipulation works out well for Sheamus. So far he has shown little by way of offense. Punch/kick/throw can only get you so far....Unless your in a gimmick match like this.

I have high hopes to be entertained.

Sixx
11-25-2009, 11:56 AM
I would refuse to work with Sheamus, cause that would involve touching him, and he looks disgusting.

Joesgonnakillyou
11-25-2009, 01:15 PM
At first I really hated this but then i realised they're pushing sheamus way too soon and will inevitably result in him falling down the card.

I hate Sheamus

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-25-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm pretty apathetic about it. They really had no choice but to go with Sheamus. Everyone else is in a program or has already been buried by Cena or just the shitty booking in general. Sheamus is new and hasn't been buried... yet. Though if he stays on HHH's good side he may end up looking pretty strong.

CSL
11-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Cena will getput through a table, which vince mcmahon will then remove quickly while the ref is distracted futhering the conspiracy angle.

Whilst I'm pretty sure it wouldn't happen, that'd be a fun way to start teasing a Cena turn, having what The Body said turn out to be true

Schlomey
11-25-2009, 01:29 PM
If The Body would stay on as full time GM I would love that angle.

jskinnyg
11-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Whilst I'm pretty sure it wouldn't happen, that'd be a fun way to start teasing a Cena turn, having what The Body said turn out to be true

Totally wish something "RAW 98" like this would happen... Have Sheamus in McMahon's corner... The new Corporate Champ... But in the end you know we will all be Cena'd... (Cena'd = F***ed)

XCaliber
11-25-2009, 02:01 PM
From the moment he's shown up on RAW he has quickly become one of my new faves but I think this push is a little premature if you ask me. So what if he retired Noble he hadn't even been in active in quite some time. If he had done to someone who was at least a midcarder like Finlay it would have given him more credibility. Don't get me wrong it nice to see someone new in the title picture but we all know how this is gonna end and that is vintage Cena. So I don't think he was necesserily the right choice if anyone it should have been DiBiase this would have been a great opportunity to start turning him face.

Sixx
11-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Totally wish something "RAW 98" like this would happen... Have Sheamus in McMahon's corner... The new Corporate Champ... But in the end you know we will all be Cena'd... (Cena'd = F***ed)

I will Cena your mom.

TerranRich
11-25-2009, 02:21 PM

That is actually a great idea. Have it all be a conspiracy, like Jesse Ventura theorized, then use it to turn Cena.

Of course, WWE will never turn Cena heel anytime in the foreseeable future.

RGWhat316
11-25-2009, 02:23 PM
I really dont care for Sheamus. And even though Im all for pushing new talent, but him of all people? Plus this is just way too soon for him to even be getting a title shot. Plus it always does seem to backfire on WWE when they push guys to the moon almost right away.

RatedGSuperstar
11-25-2009, 04:04 PM
I wasn't really a fan at first, especially since it looked like they were grooming Kofi for the spot...they made a big deal about Kingston pinning two former World champs in 6 seconds at Survivor Series, but thinking back I think Sheamus worked well as a bit of a swerve. It also just makes more sense at this point in terms of billing a match up..it's easier to build up Cena vs. Generic Monster Heel than it is to build up Face vs. Face without some kind of unique spin on the feud (like ECW with the Christian/Benjamin match, and the spin being "We're just going to steal the show").

Save Kofi's big shot for the Elimination Chamber or at least until a heel champion sits atop Raw. I'm fine with Orton continuing to make Kofi look good. Hopefully it'll make it more special once a guy like Kofi does break through and win a world title.

Mr. Nerfect
11-25-2009, 08:10 PM
It seems a bit rushed to me. I do like Sheamus, but I would have preferred him to go after even the US Title before he got this shot against Cena. I just don't "feel" the tension between the two yet.

Kofi Kingston being cancelled out by Orton, building to a match between the two at TLC makes sense. For a winner, I'd probably have gone with Ted DiBiase, who has The Marine 2 coming out, and has some sort of history with Cena.

Splaya
11-26-2009, 02:33 AM
In all honesty, Raw has the chance to groom the new stars right now. Do not take the US title off the MIZ. I liked the man when he was on the Real World and I'm digging his character now. Let him restore credibility to the title.

As for Sheamus, I can honestly see one of two things happening. 1) He somehow takes the title off of Cena, or 2) They go this route of the conspiracy. Even though Ventura was saying basically what he wanted on RAW, there is no way McMahon would let him say yhat on the air unless there was a purpose for it.

Mr. Nerfect
11-26-2009, 02:56 AM
John Cena could be a huge heel against The Undertaker, if they go with the conspiracy thing.