PDA

View Full Version : Christian's backstage segment at Survivor Series

Benny Lava
11-27-2009, 01:47 AM
Was the best thing I have seen in a long long time. It just light up a smile on my face. Loved it. I know it wasn't that great but for me it was a WWE moment that I will remember for a long long time.

Anybody Thrilla
11-27-2009, 01:57 AM
It was pretty funny. Glad you enjoyed it.

Benny Lava
11-27-2009, 02:33 AM
:)

HBPunk
11-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Was the best thing I have seen in a long long time. It just light up a smile on my face. Loved it. I know it wasn't that great but for me it was a WWE moment that I will remember for a long long time.

eh why? it was good to see christian being funny but it wasnt that good and quite racist

Rammsteinmad
11-27-2009, 11:15 AM
eh why? it was good to see christian being funny but it wasnt that good and quite racist

That's probably why right there.

Lock Jaw
11-27-2009, 12:27 PM
████████ width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xacsjWEhicM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xacsjWEhicM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Because videos are necessary proof of it happening.

Theo Dious
11-27-2009, 12:35 PM

It wasn't racist, it was racially themed. You can use race as a theme without being racist for fuck's sake.

Xero
11-27-2009, 12:40 PM
LOL reminds me of that South Park episode about the flag.

Good segment.

Lock Jaw
11-27-2009, 12:41 PM
But he pointed out he was the only white person in the group! UNFORGIVABLE. He should have been fired on the spot!

The Ravishing One
11-27-2009, 01:28 PM

Show me the part where its racist??

Heyman
11-27-2009, 01:36 PM
I thought the promo was funny, but it wasn't anywhere near as funny as Christian/Cena from the 2005 Royal Rumble.

Christian, like so many others wrestlers, is far more entertaining as a heel.

The Ravishing One
11-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Yeah im waiting for them to turn him heel. Bring back the awesome Christian.

kareru
11-27-2009, 01:44 PM
this segment was defiantly racist
this is the 21st century for fucks sake, this shouldn't happen in this day and age
i believe every man is born equal, and we must strive for the equality of canadians, the hardship they have endured in the past will not be forgotten but made amend by those who wronged them.

Bad Company
11-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I thought it was shit.

Anybody Thrilla
11-27-2009, 01:58 PM
this is the 21st century for fucks sake, this shouldn't happen in this day and age
i believe every man is born equal, and we must strive for the equality of canadians, the hardship they have endured in the past will not be forgotten but made amend by those who wronged them.

I see that you're joking, but how long has 'Canadian' been a race?

kareru
11-27-2009, 02:08 PM
http://www.courtneyhoskins.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/fouadfamguy.png

oh ho hoooo it's funny because canadians is not race at all oooh

ron the dial
11-27-2009, 02:14 PM
this might have been entertaining to me 10 years ago

RatedGSuperstar
11-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Christian rapping isn't as good without Tomko refusing to lay a beat.

Theo Dious
11-27-2009, 02:43 PM

Except that nobody was suggesting that anybody was better or worse than anyone else due to race. Pointing out that someone is different from someone else is not inherently racist. In fact the segment was all about the fact that Christian's teammates were accepting of him and glad to have them on their team despite his differences. Whether it was about him being white, Canadian, or from ECW, they were glad to have him there.

In summation, pull the rod out of your ass and stop being proactively offended by something that was legitimately funny.

thedamndest
11-27-2009, 02:45 PM
There were black people and white people talking to each other about race? RACISM!

kareru
11-27-2009, 03:53 PM
if you hate the 500m olympic sprint
but love the hurdles, does that make you racist?

Schlomey
11-27-2009, 04:54 PM
It was a bit long and uncomfortable but I did chuckle a bit at the end. Not thread worthy in the least sadly. Glad to see Christian being a goofball again though.

jskinnyg
11-27-2009, 05:09 PM
It wasn't racist, it was racially themed. You can use race as a theme without being racist for fuck's sake.

Some people need to get over themselves and have some fun in life... FAR From being racist... If the WWE or anyone of the other four guys thought it was inappropriate or "racist" they wouldn't have done the damn promo... Thank you for the comment above...

Get your heads out of your asses people... Live into now...

ron the dial
11-27-2009, 05:10 PM
yes would you please all live into now for christ's sake!

jskinnyg
11-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Oh, and HEY That's My Chicken Suit! A better thread would be posting Christian's best promos...

Jannettyzilla
11-27-2009, 05:17 PM
I thought it was a pretty clever move. It's not like 90% of the IWC didn't immediately go "HEH, THEY'S ALL BLACK BUT CHRISTIAN!" when the match was announced. WWE just used what they knew people were thinking to get a comedy bit out of Christian, which is an added bonus to any PPV.

Funky Fly
11-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Not as good as the Tomko one.

Theo Dious
11-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Let me also point out: there is nothing inherently wrong with a racist wrestling angle. The Nation of Domination was a racist angle that got over in a huge way and becan the Rock's trek to legendary status. Muhammad Hassan was a racist angle that I continually here people on TPWW say should have gotten more play. Teddy Long's managership of D'Lo, Mark Henry, and Rodney Mack was a racist angle that... well, didn't work because D'Lo got future endeavored, Mizark got hurt, and Rodney Mack sucks ass.

I restate my insistence that rods be removed from anuses.

jskinnyg
11-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Let me also point out: there is nothing inherently wrong with a racist wrestling angle. The Nation of Domination was a racist angle that got over in a huge way and becan the Rock's trek to legendary status. Muhammad Hassan was a racist angle that I continually here people on TPWW say should have gotten more play. Teddy Long's managership of D'Lo, Mark Henry, and Rodney Mack was a racist angle that... well, didn't work because D'Lo got future endeavored, Mizark got hurt, and Rodney Mack sucks ass.

I restate my insistence that rods be removed from anuses.

I agree with ALL said above... Especially that last sentence... DAMN!

HBPunk
11-27-2009, 05:51 PM

this is the racist bit i was referring to! You said 'it wasnt that great' and your right it wasnt but you 'loved it' and it 'light up a smile on my face' so i was wondering why?

HBPunk
11-27-2009, 05:54 PM
and the undertone is racist,they keep avoiding saying 'black'. i doubt there would be a segment where shelton walks up to trips, hornswaggle, finlay and vince and starts giggling about them all being white,thats the difference

ron the dial
11-27-2009, 05:55 PM
the fact that you assumed black was the first thing they were supposed to say and then avoided it makes you the racist for thinking it first you dirty fucking racist

Jannettyzilla
11-27-2009, 06:02 PM
the fact that you assumed black was the first thing they were supposed to say and then avoided it makes you the racist for thinking it first you dirty fucking racist
This. :y:

Stealth-Icon
11-27-2009, 06:17 PM
If anyone actually thought that this was racist, stop watching WWE, stop watching TV all together and snuggle into bed with Al Sharpton. This skit was far from being racist.

AMAZON WARLORD
11-27-2009, 06:25 PM

You missed the part where he has a Kramer-like nervous breakdown.

HBPunk
11-27-2009, 06:56 PM

assumed?? if you didnt realise 'black' was what they were supposed to say then your a 'dirty fucking' idiot

AMAZON WARLORD
11-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Why are you such a sensitive little pussy?

HBPunk
11-27-2009, 07:00 PM
i dont really give a rats ass, maybe im black tho...or not(??) Or maybe i like to see how easy i can rise the lame IWC, probably the black thing tho

AMAZON WARLORD
11-27-2009, 07:05 PM
If you're black I'm going to go ahead and assume that all black people are sensitive pussies. Thanks for establishing a negative stereotype you asshole.

DAMN iNATOR
11-27-2009, 07:06 PM
<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/xacsjWEhicM&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

Because videos are necessary proof of it happening.

Hooray for racial tension! :love:

:shifty:

HBPunk
11-27-2009, 07:08 PM
If you're black I'm going to go ahead and assume that all black people are sensitive pussies. Thanks for establishing a negative stereotype you asshole.

so you generalise and you are a racist and your obviously not too fond of the swiss either.maybe your just an asshole?

HBPunk
11-27-2009, 07:10 PM
idiot

AMAZON WARLORD
11-27-2009, 07:12 PM
LOL, it looks like you just called yourself an idiot. I read it and had Napoleon Dynamite rush into my head.

HBPunk
11-27-2009, 07:14 PM
LOL, it looks like you just called yourself an idiot. I read it and had Napoleon Dynamite rush into my head.

:rofl: haha i was thinkin the same!!

Noid
11-27-2009, 10:30 PM
████████ width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lb-fmcZLIP8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lb-fmcZLIP8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

████████ width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AZiJz_dHLiE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AZiJz_dHLiE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

████████ width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hc8U6G2yAEA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hc8U6G2yAEA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

████████ width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KtY7k1kgmrw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KtY7k1kgmrw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Benny Lava
11-27-2009, 11:29 PM
The segment was not at all offensive.

If I am the only
guy from India over here, people are going to notice it and maybe talk about it. Which is basic human nature.

We are the most racist people on the planet. Take my word. That segment wasn't meant to mock anyone.

Inadequacy
11-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Man, Christian got some insane pops in that video with Vince

Lock Jaw
11-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Man, they so dropped the ball with Christian back then.

Fox
11-29-2009, 03:18 AM
MVP is black? I thought he was some kind of halfsy.

The Fraze
11-29-2009, 03:26 AM
This segment was actually the only time I found a working stream of the entire ppv. It was ok. If nothing else, it was good to see them being loose about it. It wasn't racist at all. I hate when ppl play the race card. It's 2009...

Noid
11-29-2009, 06:52 AM
I'm just glad to see Christian being entertaining. Since he's been back, he's had his moments, but you can tell the WWE is trying to "babyface" him up, and have been getting him to act more seriously. I miss the robes, the cocky "I dare you to try and kick my ass" attitude Christian used to have.

He doesn't need to be a heel, but give the guy his swank back. I think that when he does do face vs. face programs, he should be the heel by default just because of his arrogance and character. Instead, he's all respectful and shit.

DAMN iNATOR
11-29-2009, 07:02 AM
Man, Christian got some insane pops in that video with Vince

Your ears decieve you. Vince was getting the tremendous pops, while Christian was drawing all the heat from the crowd.

Heyman
11-29-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm just glad to see Christian being entertaining. Since he's been back, he's had his moments, but you can tell the WWE is trying to "babyface" him up, and have been getting him to act more seriously. I miss the robes, the cocky "I dare you to try and kick my ass" attitude Christian used to have.

He doesn't need to be a heel, but give the guy his swank back. I think that when he does do face vs. face programs, he should be the heel by default just because of his arrogance and character. Instead, he's all respectful and shit.

It just boggles my mind as to how BRILLIANT the WWE are in pushing heels and how TERRIBLE they are in pushing faces. You would think that in the 8 years that they have had this GLARING problem, they would have adjusted....but they haven't.

Fucking idiotic company.

Skippord
11-29-2009, 08:45 PM
MVP is black? I thought he was some kind of halfsy.
he's been to jail

so that makes him black