taker707
12-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Hogan Debuts at Genesis

DAMN iNATOR
12-02-2009, 01:11 AM
NO MORE MATCHES! NO MORE MATCHES!

TerranRich
12-02-2009, 01:45 AM
Kurt Angle looks bad-ass in that picture. I haven't watched TNA in a long time. The beard works for him.

Sixx
12-02-2009, 01:48 AM
And that AJ guy looks like a moron.

Juan
12-02-2009, 01:54 AM
Awesome wrestler though

Schlomey
12-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Any word if he is wrestling or is he gonna pull a Lashley and come out randomly and point at people?

Jordan
12-02-2009, 12:48 PM
So this has not been outright discussed by TPWW yet. Maybe it has but not in a little bit. With Hogan seeming to be the big man at TNA Wrestling now, what do you think he can/will do for TNA? If he were to wrestle who would you want to see him feud with or maybe you don't want him to get in the ring (but you know he will).

DISCUSS

Jordan
12-02-2009, 01:02 PM
So first off I am going to talk about Hogan wrestling. Which I think if he can do as decently as he did at Summerslam a few years ago, then I am fine with it. I think he has two matches that could be halfway decent and those are against Kurt Angle and AJ Styles. The mark in me wants Hogan vs Sting but that would be a disaster again no doubt. I think a build up to Hogan vs Sting vs Kurt or AJ at BFG next year could be pretty interesting though. I think his feud with Kidman in WCW lets me know that AJ could probably carry him to a good match and Hogan could carry him to a good feud. And Angle would be better match and program but not as helpful for Angle as AJ.

I guess Hogan is going to bring in The Nasty Boys :roll:, whatever if it has to happen I guess they could be another team for 3-D to beat or whoever needs a little push. I think he may bring in some more guys but TNA really doesn't need many more guys just yet. I still think Steiner may have some more left in him but if they got rid of Nash they could bring in Umaga or Ken Anderson. Ken could be a decent boost for TNA in ratings, maybe. Overall I think Hogan is going to try and get rid of the "acting scenes" that happen backstage that the camera just happens to catch. Because that is what is horrible about TNA the horrible segments and over the top lame interviews. I should say I hope that is what happens instead of think.

I think Hogan being in TNA as a force does elevate them in the world of wrestling and in the eyes of mainstream media. If TNA wants to compete with WWE they either need to beat them at their own game which the just don't have to money to do (get licensed musicians to do themes for wrestlers and ppv's, then their own film production company, magazines, the merchandise etc....). OR TNA needs to beat WWE in the ratings with WRESTLING. Which exactly what they have the capability to do. They have a great yet green roster (for the most part) that doesn't fit into WWE's sports entertainment styles yet they still try to make them work that way. Well when the best part of your roster is from the origins of ROH then you make them wrestle not try to act. TNA should have those guys, the young X-Division should be wrestling good lengthy matches, and stop having so many god damn gimmick matches.... I am rambling.

BigDaddyCool
12-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Hogan can't do anything more for TNA that every other broken down star they have brought in hasn't already done. I.E. push good talent further down the ladder. At this point, this is just how TNA operates.

Joesgonnakillyou
12-02-2009, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=BigDaddyCool;2838378]Hogan can't do anything more for TNA that every other broken down star they have brought in hasn't already done. I.E. push good talent further down the ladder. At this point, this is just how TNA operates.[/QUOTE

This is true, and it's pretty funny coming from someone with a screen name of Big Daddy Cool. Remember Kevin Nash burying the X Division? Jay Lethal could have got somewhere before he had to play Randy Savage.

Hulk Hogan will just make TNA worse in a different way than it is at the minute but still worse. It's a real shame because they could get somewhere if they booked with a bit of logic. Their roster is great

Innovator
12-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Millionares Club w/Dixie Carter vs. New Blood w/Hulk Hogan

Mr. Pierre
12-02-2009, 02:02 PM
On his first episode of Impact, every member of the TNA roster will come to the ring one by one, lay down, get Leg Dropped, and leave. Then Terry will go home.

Vastardikai
12-02-2009, 02:09 PM
I stand by Brian Knobbs winning the X-Division champion.

Chavo Classic
12-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Are you genuinely excited, Taker707?

I don't really care about your opinions as such; more about the general TNA consensus, and since you're the only TNA fan I know...

Nicky Fives
12-02-2009, 04:12 PM
2 Words; KILL IT!

CSL
12-02-2009, 04:17 PM
It depends on why he's really gone there. If he's gone there for himself, odds are he'll do more harm than good. However, if he wants to legitimately attempt to make TNA a success, get one over on Vince and not turn it into another Hulkamania vehicle, I'll be very curious to see what he does. There are very few people on earth that understand the wrestling business like Hulk Hogan does, it's just his decisions have usually led to what's best for the Hogan bank balance and not some variety of 'greater good'.

The Jayman
12-02-2009, 04:41 PM
It depends on why he's really gone there. If he's gone there for himself, odds are he'll do more harm than good. However, if he wants to legitimately attempt to make TNA a success, get one over on Vince and not turn it into another Hulkamania vehicle, I'll be very curious to see what he does. There are very few people on earth that understand the wrestling business like Hulk Hogan does, it's just his decisions have usually led to what's best for the Hogan bank balance and not some variety of 'greater good'.

I agree with this

Nicky Fives
12-02-2009, 05:58 PM

I think everyone will get the answer to that comment on who comes into TNA within the next 3 months.... if guys like Brutus Beefcake or Brian Knobbs appear on Impact, everyone will know Hogan is in it for himself

Swiss Ultimate
12-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Hogan can't do anything more for TNA that every other broken down star they have brought in hasn't already done. I.E. push good talent further down the ladder. At this point, this is just how TNA operates.

This is true, and it's pretty funny coming from someone with a screen name of Big Daddy Cool. Remember Kevin Nash burying the X Division? Jay Lethal could have got somewhere before he had to play Randy Savage.

Don't think for a second you can talk shit to BDC you rampaging ass-goblin!

And as for the X-Division being buried by Nash, fuck you. I remember him actually helping it out before TNA decided to turn it into a unglorified cruiserweight title.

Swiss Ultimate
12-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Hogan's in TNA for a paycheck, duh.

Nicky Fives
12-02-2009, 06:32 PM
NO MORE MATCHES! NO MORE MATCHES!

I am hoping for such a chant by the Impact Zone faithful

taker707
12-02-2009, 06:45 PM
i am actually excited . Im more excited for the Dixie Carter interview this week. Is gonna focus on jarrett sting hogan might be good

Swiss Ultimate
12-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Does Kurt Angle have cancer?

http://wwe.mytopix.com/img/k/kurt_angle-0.jpg
Pre-Cancer.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/images/stories/roster/kurtangle/IMG_4884.jpg
Cancer?

taker707
12-02-2009, 07:09 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HOx81k7rFwo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HOx81k7rFwo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

cant wait

CSL
12-02-2009, 07:13 PM
That's exactly what TNA's core audience wanna see, a bunch of questions that 95% of them will have no clue what they're talking about.

TerranRich
12-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Why? Because his neck is a little narrower? Maybe he stopped lifting buses with his head.

el bobbo
12-03-2009, 12:12 AM
I read a Rolling Stone article over the summer about Hulk Hogan. He had a pretty nasty divorce from his bleach-bitch-blonde wife and lost a lot of his money/house not too long ago. He's looking for a solid paycheque after his American Gladiators BS went off the air.

As a skeptic, I don't have too much faith in Hogan being on board for anything other than money.

As a fan of wrestling, I really hope he can bring his expertise, fame, charisma, and appeal to TNA so it competes with WWE and we get some interesting programming sometime.

It might take TNA a while to build up the capital just to have the opportunity to compete, but don't we always root for the underdog?

Phenomenal 1
12-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Hogan Debuts at Genesis

looks like a doctored or fake image to me, someone could have just put that banner down at the bottom of the Genesis poster

Xero
12-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Or TNA just has a shitty graphics department.

owenbrown
12-03-2009, 12:20 PM
the latter for the win.

Big Fat Mike
12-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Enough with the wrestling. The guy is in his mid 50's

Beauser
12-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Yeah, Kurt Angle looks like shit. His voice even sounds different. I've been wondering what kind of drugs he's been on.

taker707
12-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- The long-term idea to run with once Hulk Hogan comes in is to go with two separate teams, one that Hogan would lead and the other being led by Mick Foley.

Dixie Carter was going to be a big player in the storylines but it's said that criticism gets to her and because of the criticism she's received in certain circles, she made the call to be more low-key with her involvement. The current plan is to still have her in the storylines but not as big a role as originally planned.

Xero
12-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Nasty Boyz vs The Funk Brothers.

The Jayman
12-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Nasty Boyz vs The Funk Brothers.

epic

Triple Naitch
12-03-2009, 04:53 PM
The Bootyman vs. Al Snow

Johnny Vegas
12-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Personally, i hope Hogan's presence brings TNA into the mainstream: I want another Monday Night War.

Indifferent Clox
12-03-2009, 06:15 PM
you know bret hart, eddie guerrero, matt hardy, ric flair, and jim cornette all went to ROH